Penalty for e cig

Status
Not open for further replies.

CublalaLand

Moved On
Jun 26, 2019
Confuscious say: Living under a government that can arbitrarily decide what constitutes mental illness, is complete and total tyranny. Forum boards who work to promote government propaganda can bite The Big One.

I'll be speaking my mind, no offense. Reality is forged in a war between inventors and the patent offices. I'm not going to fight you, as a representative of 'interests'. You can have your 'interests', I can have my life's history, undiluted.

MyMagicMist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2014
I am from Singapore, what is the penalty for being caught with E cigarette

The rules are set to take effect Feb. 1 and violators, including tourists, will be fined $2,000 if caught by authorities.

Under section 16(2A) of the Tobacco (Control of Advertisements and Sale) Act (TCASA), it is illegal to possess, purchase and use vaporisers in Singapore as of 1 February 2018. This includes e-cigarettes, e-pipes and e-cigars as the TCASA covers any toy, device or article:

1. That resembles, or is designed to resemble, a tobacco product;
  2. That is capable of being smoked;
  3. That may be used in such a way as to mimic the act of smoking; or
  4. The packaging of which resembles, or is designed to resemble, the packaging commonly associated with tobacco products.
Persons found guilty of this offence can be fined up to $2,000.

In addition, under section 16(1) of the TCASA, it has been illegal to import vaporisers from 1 August 2016 onwards.

This means that buying vaporisers online and shipping them to Singapore for personal use is illegal. Those guilty of the offence are liable to a fine of up to $10,000 and/or up to 6 months’ jail. Repeat offenders are liable to a fine of up to $20,000 and/or to 12 months’ jail.

MyMagicMist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2014
Westerner say, squeaky wheel gets the grease.
Easterner say, nail that sticks out gets hammered down.

<humor> Hacker say, "always remember to rm /var/log/syslog , /var/log/auth.log, /var/log/secure, var/log/faillog , /var/log/btmp, /var/log/wtmp , /var/log/lastlog and all A access time logs & stamps."

Elite hacker says, "I'm root, see me running it's too late."</humor>

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Cublalaland, if you are still reading, I want you to go to redditt and find a gentleman by the name of Ephraim Cooper. He will understand. Then I need you to send out the bat signal when you are ready and I'm inviting you to my new hometown. You and Ephraim. The husband and I rented a 4 bedroom home and we barely need two.

Be prepared, you will both be allowed to stay for free while signing non-disclosure agreements for my thesis on Mental Illness that has yet to be defined then cured. Then, I will be a Nobel Laureate, and that's gonna be great.

You will both feel better, and that's gonna be great.

I have a few rules:

1) don't eat the dog.

3) Frothing at the mouth limited to 4 hours per day, otherwise you get a rabies shot just to be on the safe side.

4) My house, MY BATTERIES EPHRAIM and the one you have is STILL FINE so basically, MY rules.

LOL

Anna

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Nope. I am in plumbing hell (water main break and it RAINED yesterday....) I still think they have not figured out where the water actually enters the house so they can trace it back.

Losta really concerned plumbers out there like FIVE of them. That is not typical. I think the homeowner probably told them to NOT like call the "we will come out and figure out where all your utilities are" and just GO.

IDK. I also (after all my tough feet talk) think I broke my pinky toe. I'm pretty sure. Last time I dropped an iron on my toe and broke it I went to the doc and he gave me pain meds and taped it up. The pain meds were fantastic by the way. Docs would hand out opiates like they were candy, man.

I get more like the husband all the time, I was like, okay, that seems to be broken so I need to stabilize it by taping it to my other toe. I did not even like, have medical tape so I used electrical tape. I didn't even take ADVIL.

I get more like Appalachia all the time. LOL. THIS PLUNBING bit. If I lose a day of work, I'm making my landlord also compensate me by reducing my rent by one day of work because technically this is HIS problem to be quite frank.

At least I'm not paying the PLUMBERS. I am also not letting them leave until I have water.

Anna

Doctorvapes

ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2017
Ok I read something about the government hospitalising people for e cigarettes for... Mental illness?

I hope I read that right.

I just wanted to say that will never happen, the government will never do that, it's ineffective and too expensive. To get admitted to a long term care facility you have to meet a very specific criteria and I highly doubt the government is going to put " uses e cigarette" on there.

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2019
Phoenixville, PA, U.S. of A.
Ok I read something about the government hospitalising people for e cigarettes for... Mental illness?

I hope I read that right.

I just wanted to say that will never happen, the government will never do that, it's ineffective and too expensive. To get admitted to a long term care facility you have to meet a very specific criteria and I highly doubt the government is going to put " uses e cigarette" on there.
A danger to one's self or others...
Vaping could be classified as such, in the strictest sense.

Reactions: stols001

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
That'd be a shame. The mental exercise of trying to understand the posts is good for my efforts at forestalling dementia.

But if you read three of them in a row, you end up in a different spot in the universe.

Sorta like standing in front of a mirror calling out Bloody Mary three times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread