Penelope help needed!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

s1mp3

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2012
Croatia
My penelope was working flawlessly until yesterday.
Now she behaves like she's possessed.
I was changing setup and suddenly she doesn't love me anymore :(
I have a little vapor which is very thin and the massive TH (using pure Vg based juice). I have no dry hit, so juice has it's way to the wick.
I have tried everything, even changed the ceramic.
I have made at least 10 setups in all combinations... with 0.15, 0.16,0.18 and 0.20 NiCr, with single, dual and even triple wick.
Result is always the same...
Right now I have made dual wick setup with 0.20 NiCr, it measures 1.8 Ohm and I'm using Pen on my Provari at 4 Volts.
Pen isn't leaking anywhere, ceramic is not broken, and I have left plenty of air. coils are made perfect in my opinion, not too tight, not too lose. Negative wire I've secured with a few turns around the wick.

Both wires (res. and no res.) I have bought at e-smokeguru together with 3mm wick.
Please help me if you can, I really want my Pen to work again.

Thank's in advance!

Sent from my thumb

Bishopheals

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 23, 2012
Staten Island
www.youtube.com
My penelope was working flawlessly until yesterday.
Now she behaves like she's possessed.
I was changing setup and suddenly she doesn't love me anymore :(
I have a little vapor which is very thin and the massive TH (using pure Vg based juice). I have no dry hit, so juice has it's way to the wick.
I have tried everything, even changed the ceramic.
I have made at least 10 setups in all combinations... with 0.15, 0.16,0.18 and 0.20 NiCr, with single, dual and even triple wick.
Result is always the same...
Right now I have made dual wick setup with 0.20 NiCr, it measures 1.8 Ohm and I'm using Pen on my Provari at 4 Volts.
Pen isn't leaking anywhere, ceramic is not broken, and I have left plenty of air. Coils are made perfect in my opinion, not too tight, not too lose. Negative wire I've secured with a few turns around the wick.

Both wires (res. and no res.) I have bought at e-smokeguru together with 3mm wick.
Please help me if you can, I really want my Pen to work again.

Thank's in advance!

Sent from my thumb

Can you test a boge carto or any other cartomizer to see if your battery mod is ok and not misfiring.

Bishopheals

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 23, 2012
Staten Island
www.youtube.com
ok thats good. Now can you check the center pin of penelope. Use a flat screw driver and place it at end of center pin and turn it make sure its tight with the nut on ceramic cup. If this is tight then need to check the wires that are on the channels ensure all two of them our on the wall and the one showing ceramic is the one that gets tied in a circle by the nut above center pin. After doing this add some juice to the wick and check the ohms. Since you have a ProVari you should get an ohms read out. If you get an error then we can look at other things.

s1mp3

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2012
Croatia
Center pin is fully screwed into the base. One thing that I've noticed...
I have to circle positive wire twice around center pin for the nut to secure it tightly. When I first got Pen, once was enough.
I looked for some wire leftovers around the pin and didn't found any.
Ohm reading is stable +-0.1.
Funny thing is that when only the base is screwed onto a mod (without tank and LC) I think that it produces really nice amount of vapor.
When I assemble it all together vapor qty. drops.
Thank's for your help!
Sent from my thumb

Ariel_MX

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2010
Guadalajara, México
In my experience massive TH and poor vapor productions is due too much liquid on the wick.

It looks like your wick is flooding (there could be too much liquid on the wick), ensure the wick is totally sitting on the ceramic channels (you can try with two wicks on the top), if there is a gap between the wick and where the wick sits on the ceramic channels, leaks could happen.

Also when the joints of the no resistance wire and resistance wire are are exactly where the wick sits on the ceramic channel, there could be a little gap (sometimes the wick does not cover that gap, so some liquid could flow through the ceramic channel, then through the little gap to the inner part of the ceramic cup).

Wick should seal the top of the ceramic channels.

Mosin_Sergei

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2012
Nizniy Novgorod Russia
www.mebelalkova.ru
P1020271.jpg This photo wick after three weeks of operation.
When the coil assembly that was not visible.
After disassembly, the reason became clear coils leaking juice - the wick just burst in the middle ...

Bishopheals

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 23, 2012
Staten Island
www.youtube.com
its the ring when u screwing it to base. the outer ring nut needs to be on tight should be not wick exposed and no wire exposed. make sure the Resistance wire are behind the wick in the two channels. then you can screw in the flow control mouthpiece in tight. then outer tank and fill that up try not to go over 3mil and fire that bad boy up. it should produce a sht load of vape without you opening flow control. Till you start to taste different dry wick then open flow control to add juice to wick.

s1mp3

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2012
Croatia
Thank you all for advices!
Maybe I'm making mistake by wrapping coils around wick starting and ending with wire joints?
Should the r-nr wire connections be in the channels?
I hope that is the problem...
It would be so much easier just to feel stupid and vape like a king :D

Sent from my thumb

Last edited:

bacc.vap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2011
Virtualville
Maybe I'm making mistake by wrapping coils around wick starting and ending with wire joints?

Sent from my thumb

Only nr wire should be outside of cup and in channels.

Valsacar

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 16, 2010
Seoul
Sounds like slightly too loose of a coil, high TH and metallic taste are exactly what I get when that happens. Dry burn it, with just the base connected, coil should be nice and red/orange. While it's burning turn it around and look at the wick from different angles, if you see a loop anywhere that isn't touching the wick then there is your problem. When that happens I just take a pair of tweezers and carefully squeeze it until everything is touching the wick (but not too tight). Keep doing short dry burns until you don't see any loops hanging off the wick.

That has fixed it for me every time.

unloaded

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2011
SW. Indiana
Center pin is fully screwed into the base. One thing that I've noticed...

Funny thing is that when only the base is screwed onto a mod (without tank and LC) I think that it produces really nice amount of vapor.
When I assemble it all together vapor qty. drops.

Sounds like the LC might be coming into contact with positive wire. Check ohms without LC and recheck after you put the LC on. If they drop, you are touching making a short.

Bishopheals

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 23, 2012
Staten Island
www.youtube.com

Sent from my thumb

whats happening is this. When you test it out in your provari (ohms checking) this is prior of installing flow control, tank, and cap. you read ohms ok and i think you even mentioned it looks like it vapes. i think you have the resistance wire exposed and its making a connection on the flow control when your screwing it in place. Check that out. As for metal taste read my guide. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/clouds-vapor/320031-no-more-metal-taste-vaping-guide.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread