Western MA

RiverNut

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2012
Texas
A couple of photos. Thanks.

It appears in this photo that you are securing your neg wire with the ring nut. This is the old way to do this and might be causing you issues. Imeo redesigned these so that all you need to do to secure the ground wire is place it in the metal channel, cut it at the bottom end of the ceramic housing, then place your wick over the wire, wet the wick with liquid, and hold the wick in place with the wire underneath while you screw the ring nut on to secure it all in place. Judging from where the coloration of the wick ends and begins, something's not right here and this might be the problem.

yankeebobo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2012
Western MA
I tried bish's method but with 2 wicks (not 3 like bish) and worked really nice yankee. Also no gurgling

That's what I have going right now Imeo. 2 wicks. I've been dying to keep it at 2. This last coil (knock on wood) is running like a champ. I'd love to still say this tomorrow and I believe I will. I was definitely choking the wick with my coil wraps.

A little gurgling at the beginning of the fill but I didn't close the control. Also with this pure VG (Boba's bounty), I actually have it open TWO turns. Seems high but it's working and I suspect the VG just needs it.

yankeebobo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2012
Western MA
615070f1-0edb-128f.jpg
615070f1-0ef0-cc98.jpg

Couple pics of the GOOD results!

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
if you read the instructions about penelope you will see that you have to close liquid control if you plan to not vape for several hours, so dont forget that too yankee
I am glad that you are ok now buddy:)
That's what I have going right now Imeo. 2 wicks. I've been dying to keep it at 2. This last coil (knock on wood) is running like a champ. I'd love to still say this tomorrow and I believe I will. I was definitely choking the wick with my coil wraps.

A little gurgling at the beginning of the fill but I didn't close the control. Also with this pure VG (Boba's bounty), I actually have it open TWO turns. Seems high but it's working and I suspect the VG just needs it.

Bishopheals

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 23, 2012
Staten Island
www.youtube.com
615070f1-0edb-128f.jpg
615070f1-0ef0-cc98.jpg

Couple pics of the GOOD results!

HOLY CRAP your ceramic is broken. SHT that still works? JUST an fyi that my 3 wick method I dont get any gurgly. As long as I keep flow control close and open when needed then close it. Works great under 6v temps.

yankeebobo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2012
Western MA
HOLY CRAP your ceramic is broken. SHT that still works? JUST an fyi that my 3 wick method I dont get any gurgly. As long as I keep flow control close and open when needed then close it. Works great under 6v temps.

Oh buddy it works when it wants to. Lol. THIS coil wrap works good so far (reaching for wood to knock on). This is the first wrap in about 5-6 attempts. No joke. But yes we were wrapping too tight.
The ceramic was broken when we got her. We figured what the hell. But I figured if it hindered anything it would pose a short or something. Not juice allowance. The replacement ceramic just arrived from COV today. But as long as it works I'm not tearing it apart. It's getting a vodka bath now in case it too has soapy taste.

I WILL try a 3 when I can get more wick at the spec. Kinda hoping Imeo discovered that 3.5mm is better. But still.

yankeebobo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2012
Western MA
if you read the instructions about penelope you will see that you have to close liquid control if you plan to not vape for several hours, so dont forget that too yankee
I am glad that you are ok now buddy:)

Yea. Thanks. I've watched some of yours and other videos several times because I couldn't figure out the juice supply. Makes sense that I was choking with a tight coil. Today? :thumbs: can't wait for the wicks.

Are you staying at 3mm or going to 3.5? And how long do you find supplies takes to get to COV?

Last edited:

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
I ordered samples for 3,5mm wick. Lets see how well it will fit on rebuildable part's channels. If its ok then my future wick purchases will be for 3,5mm fat wick. Also I want to try its wicking ability. Maybe the fatter is better but who knows before the experiment yankee.
My wick supplies to Bruce are not bad at this time. They will be better soon.
Yea. Thanks. I've watched some of yours and other videos several times because I couldn't figure out the juice supply. Makes sense that I was choking with a tight coil. Today? :thumbs: can't wait for the wicks.

Are you staying at 3mm or going to 3.5? And how long do you find supplies takes to get to COV?

yankeebobo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2012
Western MA
Yup. Choked again. I am at THREE open full turns. And I'm back to vaping for an hour, maybe two and it runs out. 3 ml of juice just freakin disappears. A this rate it costs more than gas in juice cost. Today we re-coiled. I'm at 1.8 ohms vaping it down at 3.7V. This has eaten up three of my days and I'm just about done. Maybe next weekend I'll try a single wrap with the preface coil the way it's "technically supposed to be". And maybe a 50/50 vg pg juice. After that, I don't know.

:evil:

Last edited:

Xaiver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2011
Clearwater, MN
I've been rebuilding mine once a day minimum since thursday, when my wires arrived. There's another thread here that we just went through my issues.

I had been linking the R wire and the NR wire wrong, and it was causing a burn/bad taste/dry hits.

There is definitely a learning curve to a rebuildable, but from what I can see from the people that use them, it's worth the time, in cost as well as flavor/performance and all of that.

Setzer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2012
Belfast
ALL rebuildables require a bit of a learning curve but you will be happy to know the GG stuff is by far and away the easiest to get up and running.

As you say the benefits of rebuildables are tremendous compared to cartos etc and you should be getting at least a week out of a wick/coil once you get the hang of making a coil to your liking.

Penelope does require a small bit of time to get right but not a great deal, wait until you try a Genesis type attie and you will REALLY see what a steep learning curve is like!

yankeebobo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2012
Western MA
Xavier - I'm gonna seek out thy thread and see what that one is about.
Setzer - a learning curve I expect. When this thing works, it blows the TOP off the tank/carto with flavor. There are things flavor wise that I never tasted.

But, by the same token, this is pretty text book. Wrap, too tight. Ok. Fair enough as I can see why. But now? I think I need to step back, take a day or two off and start up again factoring in a few other tips.

I've read other owners. They love the Pen and Ody. If I can lick this I'd live to add an ody. It will not go in the shelf but after a couple of days off, I'm trying with a different flavor.

yankeebobo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2012
Western MA
When I first made coil and wick for iAtty, I went step by step with the videos. Really took my time and paused the video for each step as I went along. It helped me a great deal.

Yeah. What's frustrating is that so many vids were watched two and three times. The coils look solid. I'm taking a break for a couple of days since I basically spent two solid days tikering with this, adjusting that, thinning the juice on this coil, yadi yadi. It actually got to a point where I didn't even want a vape off ANYTHING. I know it has to be something stupid. That's why I need to back away for a bit.

When it's coiled, it works for a tank full. Then after a refill, it gets F*&(ing fickle. And done. The one that I wrapped during page one of this thread with a paperclip actually went through TWO refills and I thought I had it. Then bam. It'll come damn it. TOO many success stories and satisfied people can't be wrong. :?:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread