• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Pennsylvania Vapers - Introduce Yourself!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We just had a smaller meet in Hazleton last month, and more meets to come. Our PA group is relatively new, but things are starting to happen. Watch the PA Vapers subforum to keep up-to-date on who's getting together when!

Nice

Welcome Kia.
We have a facebook group too for anyone who is interested.

I just requested to join, my profile pic is rather cartoony
:unsure:

Shadyshane

Aug 23, 2010
Philly
Hey everybody, another guy from Philly here. Just picked up a Joye510 two days ago, but going strong, and see no reason to go back to the 20-30 analogs I was smoking a day. Originally born and raised about half between between Lebanon & Reading, went to college in Wilkes-Barre (King's College), but now pretty much a permanent resident of the Philly area. Actually live in a little corner of Bala Cynwyd, but Philly is a mile away in two directions.

Just contributing another funny youtube video about PA, but it covers a good portion of the state...
YouTube - Pennsylvania Guys by Sloppy Secondz (California Gurls Parody)

Last edited:

FlyerTom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2009
Nor'Eastern PA
A big "Yo, how ya doin'?" to all the new members from the Philadelphia area. I feel like we're neighbors, since a long time ago I adopted Philly as a second home. I've been an Eagles fan since 1960 - the days of Norm Van Brocklin and Chuck Bednarik, etc. In 1975, through a combined effort by McDonald's, the Eagles, and Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, my 3-year-old daughter's life was saved. That alone is reason enough to forever hold the city close to my heart.
I've been a Sunday-home-game season ticket holder for the Phillies since 1977. My wife and I drive down countless times a year to haunt the Italian Market (gotta stop at Geno's for a "wit'") stroll up and down Penn's Landing, check out the weirdos on South Street, and have a marvelous meal at Vesuvio's or The Bistro on Broad St. Occasionally we go to the KOP Mall, but I have to feel extra ambitious for that.
For all the love I feel for the city, it has broken my heart at least four times. There was the Fleas, and the Iggles, sometimes the Flahrs, and last but not least, Michaela Drewicz. :)
I hope to run into some of you fellow vapers at some time. I'll be the one in the Hawaiian shirt vaping a Silver Bullet trudging down 9th street. :)

loxmythe

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2010
pa
Hi Guys,

I just joined the Facebook group, I'm Zakia and I'm from philly as well. I went to college in Bloomsburg but I was born, raised and still call Philly home. I'm looking forward to getting to know my fellow vapers. Cheers!
Welcome - it's good to see you here.
I used to do a lot of work at Bloomsburg college. I did the doors on Carver Hall. Top quality African Mahogany - very nice doors with polished brass hardware. It is definitely a nice campus.

greeting yinz :) just figured id say hello in here. born and raised below pittsburg. vaping for over 2 weeks now, havent had a analog since the mail came that day. now i own 2 egos, a xl ego in awesome green and 2 510s. just got into dripping, trying all the new flavors and all (past the want tobacco all the time phase) not even craving analogs now. lurk most of the time but now that ive found a PA group ill prob be posting more

Gizmopup7

Unregistered Supplier
Sep 30, 2010
Birdsboro, PA. USA
Hey everybody. I just joined the group and wanted to say hello. I read through all 20 pages of this thread and I loved some of the camaraderie about "our own language" here in PA. I'm sure it would have been a while longer until I would have stumbled onto the PA vapers forum on my own had AaronB not brought it to my attention. Thanks Aaron!
I started smoking at age 13 and steadily worked my way up to 3+ packs per day. After almost 29 years of heavy smoking I finally switched to vapor about 4 months ago. I started out with a kit from Blu (noobie mistake), then I got the SideSho from Modern Vapor (definitely a step up). About 6 weeks ago I purchased Missy's WetBox and have been using that (with cartos) almost exclusively.

Hello Pa Vapers,

I'm on this forum every day, so guess it's about time I chime in here with you Pa. types!

Been analog free since January 14 of this year after 45 plus years of smoking. I'n still amazed!

Born in Gettysburg and grew up in Littlestown (10 miles south of Gettysburg). Spent most of my adult life somewhere else and moved back here from LA 7 years ago. I think I'm here to stay. Getty too old for any new adventures!

Started with 510 with regular attys and a PCC, then Screwdriver, box mods I built at 3.7 and 5V and the eGo. Then a Madvapes flashlight mod, Wetbox, Stick, and most recently the Thermo.

Currently using the Thermo at 6 volt with regular atty and Boge cartomizers, and an eGo with the C-E2 R3.75 cartomizers.

I have a business on Sat. and Sun. at a farmers/flea market in Thomasville, Pa. called Morningstar Marketplace. It's located on Rt. 30 about 5 miles west of York. If you're ever in the neighborhood on Sat. or Sun., pleas stop by and say hello. And if you ever wanna try any of the devices I have, let me know and I'll be sure to bring it with me to the market.

Once inside the market, ask where the office is located. I am directly opposite the office. I have a huge display of the silly license plates that people here in Pa. put on the front of their vehilces. So you can't miss me.

Guess that's it for now!

Jay

superfrog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2010
North Virginia
Guess I'll say hey. Nope, don't live in PA, haven't for almost 20 years. But.... I'm still a resident, well technically. Does that count?

Anywho, born and raised up there in Erie, folks have a really nice plot in Albion. Moved out of the city for the Navy 20 years ago, and even after living south of Tokyo for almost 15 years, still call PA home. Now that I'm helleva lot closer, only 9 hour drive, get to see the Amish a lot more. Funny, my wife thought were some kinda farie tail or something. Couldn't even imagine any culture that would live like they do. Being a little Japanese girl, took her to the folk's place, introduced her to the neighbor's, and her jaw just dropped. She looked at me and asked if I ever lived like that?!?

Anyway, been a serious vaper since June when I switched from Blu (thank God) and have been stuck since. My main vape is from Volcano with their 510 and eGo versions; and the Little Sister from boxmods.net. Avid DIY mixer with a garage that went from work shop to lab really quick. Also, with my elex background, starting to dabble in mods.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread