Peoples' experiences with Halo G6 products

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr_Classica

Feb 8, 2018
First off, sorry if this is not the correct place to post... Still figuring this site out

Anyway, I'm currently using a stealth mod setup with a berserker RTA, but I've been doing a lot of research on cigalikes, due to their obvious similarities to smokes and simplicity of usage

In particular, Halo Ecigs have caught my attention, what with the mini tanks, refillable cartomizers and the PCC charging case(which reminds me of carrying a pack of smokes)

Do you think their mini cig products can make for a good "main vape"? I'm more interested in retaining my smokers rituals and juice conservation than I am in sub-ohminh and cloud chasing

Thanks everyone!

Reactions: stols001

CagedSpam

ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2015
FoPo, Oregon
The Halo G6 helped me cut out a lot of cigs from my daily usage. I wanted to quit fully so ended up going with an eGo Twist type setup which worked completely.

I think I ended up using about 2 G6 batteries per day of vaping using 18mg nic. Did that for about a month with one or two cigs per day. This was early 2015.

With modern nic salts and 3+ batteries it's probably doable IMO.

GL

Grimwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Lawrence KS
Halo and SmokeLess Image products are what got me started. The mini tanks (kanger T4) made them even better at the time.

That being said, I got some out of my stash recently, but after years of bigger mods, they just didn't do it for me any longer. Those little top coil tanks can't compare to my RTA tanks. However, I still use ego/evod types with protank styles on occasion for out and about.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Like Grimwald, SmokLess Image cigalikes got me off of cigarettes, but seriously they were unsatisfactory compared to a mod and decent tank. Cigalikes suffer from poor battery life (250-300 mAh only lasts 2 - 3 hours), small liquid capacity (1 - 2 ml), and are extremely expensive in the long run.

If trying to get away from a mod-sized mod, look into the new pod mod systems. You might be able to get away with all day use with one battery (500mAh hour). And since they use high nicotine NIC salts, you probably won't need to refill until the next day because you won't have to "hit" it so frequently. Dummy proof easy. Still on the expensive side in the long run, but better than cigalikes.

images
pod mod

Advancing Up the Vaping Ladder

Mr_Classica

Feb 8, 2018
Like Grimwald, SmokLess Image cigalikes got me off of cigarettes, but seriously they were unsatisfactory compared to a mod and decent tank. Cigalikes suffer from poor battery life (250-300 mAh only lasts 2 - 3 hours), small liquid capacity (1 - 2 ml), and are extremely expensive in the long run.

If trying to get away from a mod-sized mod, look into the pod mod systems. You might be able to get away with all day use with one battery. And since they use high nicotine NIC salts, you probably won't need to refill until the next day. Still on the expensive side in the long run, but better than cigalikes.

images
pod mod

Advancing Up the Vaping Ladder

I've been considering pod mods, but am looking for something that offers me a "hands free" experience if I want it. If I get a pod mod that offers that, it'll have the same atrocious battery life problem that cigalikes have... Except I have the option of grabbing something like an 808 threaded PCC to alleviate that problem for a cigalike(always having a second one on reserve, charging)

The refilling could be an issue though... Those refillable cartomizers look like a pain to manage. I suppose the mini tanks exist, but then we're also getting away from the whole "cigalike" bit if I go for something like that

Either way, that's why I'm asking questions, and I appreciate all the responses I'm getting!

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I've been considering pod mods, but am looking for something that offers me a "hands free" experience if I want it.
If I'm not mistaken, nearly all of the pod mods are "hands free", including the automatic draw ability of a cigalike. They are extremely lightweight, so theoretically could be held in your lips like a cigalike.

Most of the pod mods have a larger capacity battery than a cigalike. Being that they also use a higher nic content by default, you don't have to hit them as frequently thus saving battery life.

Personally, if I had to, I could go with a pod mod myself. A cigalike would be out of the question. But that's just me. ;)

• Agree

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I don't own any Halo mods, but if you are feeling like they would be a good option for you, I'd say give it a try. I'm not the biggest fan of ciaglikes or hands free vaping myself, but if you are, I see no reason not to try one. You may, however, have to cycle through a few cigalike products to see which one ends up best for you, and maybe trying a different vaping style may be an option down the road. I don't think there is a "best" way to vape though, just what is best for you....

Anna

Reactions: Mr_Classica

Mr_Classica

Feb 8, 2018
I don't own any Halo mods, but if you are feeling like they would be a good option for you, I'd say give it a try. I'm not the biggest fan of ciaglikes or hands free vaping myself, but if you are, I see no reason not to try one. You may, however, have to cycle through a few cigalike products to see which one ends up best for you, and maybe trying a different vaping style may be an option down the road. I don't think there is a "best" way to vape though, just what is best for you....

Anna

Appreciate the input! I'm thinking I'm just going to buckle down and try some out. Even If they end up not being as great as I want them to be, it wasn't a huge money sink to begin with

Mr_Classica

Feb 8, 2018
Well, I just ordered some Halo products today

Instead of committing to a full starter pack, I just ordered one battery, one charger and a mini tank (which I'm more interested in than the cartomizers) and will be using my own e-liquid.

This way, I get to find out for myself. If I love it, I can get another battery and the PCC(as well as a few spare tanks). If I hate it... well I didn't put a lot of dough into it then. Win-win

Mr_Classica

Feb 8, 2018
So I did end up getting a G6 and mini tank, just to try it out. My thoughts:

-The flavor in these tanks (same juice I use in my mod setups) often tends to be sightly chemical or "perfumey". Funnily enough, it's the cheap juices that I buy that tend to taste better and the "premium" ones that tend to taste a little off.

-i didn't expect the battery to last long (and it doesn't), but what's really killing me is how long it takes to fully charge. This is one of the major flaws I have with the setup

-the convenience and form factor of the device is as amazing as I thought it would be. When I'm using my Halo G6, I'm not thinking about my wattage, specs, builds or cloud production... I just puff away and enjoy. The flavor isn't as rich, but even the chemical taste I mentioned isn't so overwhelming as to be a deal breaker.

Overall, I see where things could be better, but I'm also really enjoying the setup. The form factor reminds me of smoking in all its casual glory and makes vaping feel more like a vice and less like an involved hobby, which is what I was after. I recently ordered another battery and some spare tanks and I intend to keep one on reserve charge throughout the day. We'll see if this ends up working for me

If it does, then I think I might make the switch full time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread