Perfect Bacon every time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BradSmith

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2010
Northern Michigan USA
No i'm not talking about bacon flavored juice. Just plain old bacon. Have you ever paid really good money for bacon and then managed to muck it up? Half of it's burnt and half of it's still not done.

So what's the answer? Bacon in the oven.

Take a shallow oven pan line it with foil and lay out the peices of bacon. Place them in a cold oven, turn the heat to 400 degrees, wait 17 to 20 minutes. Check it and see if it's brown. Pull it out so it doesn't continue to cook on the pan and chow down.

You can also sprinkle it with brown sugar or add pepper or even dredge it in something like flour or corn meal.

Viola, the most simple way ever to make perfect bacon. (I love bacon, but hate it when I get it wrong)

Happy Holidays Everyone.

Cajun83

ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2010
Marrero, Louisiana
I agree with you. Nothing better than cooking bacon, not getting popped with grease and having it come out perfectly every time. The oven is the way to go!

If you want to cook it so it has less grease in it, use a big piece of foil and make ridges in the foil and bridge the bacon across the ridges. Will cook the bacon out of the grease for crispier bacon. :)

BradSmith

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2010
Northern Michigan USA
I agree with you. Nothing better than cooking bacon, not getting popped with grease and having it come out perfectly every time. The oven is the way to go!

If you want to cook it so it has less grease in it, use a big piece of foil and make ridges in the foil and bridge the bacon across the ridges. Will cook the bacon out of the grease for crispier bacon. :)

Cool, good tip.

uba egar320

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2009
WV
Ooh, is this gonna be the cooking tip thread? I got an easy one that will knock the family's socks off.

4 chicken breast halves in a baking pan.

1 can of artichoke heats
1\2 cup of mayo(I like the mayo made with olive oil)
3\4 parmesan grated cheese
sprinkle of galic powder.

Coat the chicken on both sides lightly with salt and pepper. Place in pan.
Mix other ingredients well, and pour over chicken.
Bake at 350 for 35 40 min(or until juice runs clear).

Doesn't sound like much, but it's freakin good!

BradSmith

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2010
Northern Michigan USA
Ooh, is this gonna be the cooking tip thread? I got an easy one that will knock the family's socks off.

4 chicken breast halves in a baking pan.

1 can of artichoke heats
1\2 cup of mayo(I like the mayo made with olive oil)
3\4 parmesan grated cheese
sprinkle of galic powder.

Coat the chicken on both sides lightly with salt and pepper. Place in pan.
Mix other ingredients well, and pour over chicken.
Bake at 350 for 35 40 min(or until juice runs clear).

Doesn't sound like much, but it's freakin good!

Sounds good to me, I love a recipe that's easy and that has ingredients that I can get and that I like.

flbutterfly1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 16, 2010
Interlachen, Florida
If you love bacon try this one get a whole chicken rinse and dry off, slather with lard all over the outside, put breast side up in baking pan, cover with strips of bacon don't miss a spot wrap bacon around the legs and up the wings, you can put an apple inside chicky if u want, I use the whole package of bacon for this. if you wrap around the legs like would when using string to tie up a chicken when normally baking it works the same with bacon. I have put spices on before the bacon but perfer the bacon first then then fresh ground pepper or garlic pepper. Bake the usual amount of time for a whole chicken covered, remove foil and bake until super crispy. You can also take peices of chicken breast wrap them in bacon secure with a toothpick and fry in lard. My family loves both of these and yes I use lard, it does not taste the same without it. And I love my bacon fried in the microwave.

maureengill

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2009
Trainer PA
www.freedomsmokeusa.com
I agree...on the microwave....place bacon between paper towels to soak up the grease. Time will vary due to age of the microwave and wattage. I couldn't believe that bacon would come out of a microwave crispy, but it does.

If you love bacon try this one get a whole chicken rinse and dry off, slather with lard all over the outside, put breast side up in baking pan, cover with strips of bacon don't miss a spot wrap bacon around the legs and up the wings, you can put an apple inside chicky if u want, I use the whole package of bacon for this. if you wrap around the legs like would when using string to tie up a chicken when normally baking it works the same with bacon. I have put spices on before the bacon but perfer the bacon first then then fresh ground pepper or garlic pepper. Bake the usual amount of time for a whole chicken covered, remove foil and bake until super crispy. You can also take peices of chicken breast wrap them in bacon secure with a toothpick and fry in lard. My family loves both of these and yes I use lard, it does not taste the same without it. And I love my bacon fried in the microwave.

auTONYmous

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Michigan
My name is auTONYmous, and I approve this thread.

Now, let's keep this thread STRICTLY bacon-related. If there's no bacon in the recipe, don't post it!

Lastly: I've baked and nuked and deep-fried, and grilled and pressure-cooked bacon. Easily my favorite is the good-old cast iron skillet, but that's only because I CAREFULLY watch, turn, and rearrange my bacon in the skillet to ensure every piece is thoroughly and evenly brown from end to end. Also, I like my bacon *kinda* chewy, so I ensure that NOT ONE morsel is overcooked.

Then, I save the drippings for scrambled eggs or gravy. YUMM!

Favorite bacon lately: Cherry-smoked thick-sliced. 2nd favorite: sugar-cured hickory-smoked peppered thick-sliced.

(I fight over bacon.)

BradSmith

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2010
Northern Michigan USA
Current obsession: THIS THING

Tony's Diner, Birch Run MI - 1lb (that's ONE POUND OF BACON) on a BLT with homemade bread.

I knew when I saw the picture it had to be Tony's. I remember it from back in the day when they still had a nickle juke box at each booth. every year for my birthday my mom would take me in and buy me one of their huge bannana splits, I wouldn't eat a thing all day so I could finish it off. Funny thing is my Uncle Shorty owns the "Exit" restaurant, hotels Laudrymat etc etc etc. on the other side of the overpass. I think we went there once.

I have finnished their moster BLT on more than one occasion. Their bacon is always great and their bread is hard to beat as well. don't get me started on their breakfasts. You might be able to tell from my pic, I'm a big guy and I'm very active. It takes a lot of food to feed this beast.

I went to Birch Run Middle School until 1982 I lived out in the country on Moresville rd.

BradSmith

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2010
Northern Michigan USA
Bacon! Nobody doesn't like bacon!
I guess I'll post this video again for the umpteenth time.
I keep meaning to try it....

...and yes. I just heard about covering the turkey in bacon yesterday, coincidentally.

I think it is healthy food, Stress kills comfort food soothes. I bought a Turkey the other day say I might have to try it covered in Bacon.

BradSmith

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2010
Northern Michigan USA
One Venison back strap, wrap in bacon top with onions and your favorite BBQ sauce (KCMasterpiece works good) wrap in tinfoil Bake or grill over low heat until it's just short of being done (still mostly pink)

Oh and I don't think this has to be a bacon only thread, but I love bacon so it wouldn't hurt. Even if that means just cooking in the grease. Or like my favorite fish chowder. Onions fried in bacon fat and then the chowder topped with crubled bacon.

However, any recipe works for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread