Permalinks

Status
Not open for further replies.

fourboxers

Feb 26, 2011
Toronto
It is possible for the site to change the way permalinks are used?

Currently it grabs a page number as well as the post number, that only works if everyone is using the same number of posts per page (which isn't the case.)

If I use a permalink of someone using less posts per page than myself I get sent to the last page of the thread rather than the intended post.

oldsoldier

Retired ECF Forum Manager
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2010
Lurking in the shadows
www.reboot-n.com
true - but what seems to work is rightclicking on the post number directly and copying that short cut. that seems to provide the right link to that post no matter what number of posts per page people have set.

^^ that is exactly why the link is there.

fourboxers

Feb 26, 2011
Toronto
Sorry for being unclear the post number link is the one I was talking about for example here's a link

//www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/modder-accessories-supplier-forum/178535-jonboyusmcs-lava-tanks-221.html#post4159648

which I broke to show you, I use 40 posts per page if you don't this link won't take you to the right post seeing as it has a page number of 221 as well as the post number.

I know you can manipulate the url to remove the page number and it will work (somewhat slow in my testing) but everyone shouldn't have to do that to link a post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread