Status
Not open for further replies.

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
I want a bunch of strangers who i have never even talked to before to recommend the best mod and tank there is for me to use. And btw, what's the best vape juice that i can get? And should i use nic salt or freebase? I read that you can only use nic salt in a MTL type tank. I want to use DL so do i need freebase nic?

Last edited:

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Well, one of my pet peeves is telling people what and how to vape, or even making them think there is a limit to type or style of nic absorption that works for me, but may not work for them.
Don't even get me started on the best eliquid! It's the ones I make and No, you can't have any!!

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
:lol::lol::lol:
Too many options, OMG thank goodness that the FDA is a coming.

To be fair, I have made that sort of unspecified post like, "All I know about snus is like, I have this mental image of someone from the 1930s snuffling it up their nose, and so like, surely it can't be that? How does it work? What do I do?"

And have gotten incredibly useful and helpful responses.

With that said, well, sometimes you are just to new at something to know enough about it to ask the right question, although I WILL say it is proper etiquette to you know, come back and read the answers and even ask a follow up question or two, that annoys me more than the question itself.

I mean, when I got my NJOY kit like a LONG time ago, I pretty much did that with Freedom Smoke USA, but there was a lot less variety then and etc.

Anna

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
Vagueness in general has always been a peeve of mine. It doesn't matter what forum or topic. My most hated vague question ever was a person who called me up and simply said "My Microsoft has a problem, what could be wrong?" I was sitting there thinking "Microsoft what? Windows, Word, Excel, Outlook, your Microsoft mouse, keyboard, or are you talking about some Microsoft stock you bought that's tanking? And what exactly is the problem? Is there an error? If so what was it?"

Then there are the people that get an error message, don't write it down and then ask me "My computer had an error message." So I ask "what did it say?" and they are like "I don't know/remember. Was that important?"

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Then there are the people that get an error message, don't write it down and then ask me "My computer had an error message." So I ask "what did it say?" and they are like "I don't know/remember. Was that important
I'm that person. Now I know what to do if it ever comes up.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Vagueness in general has always been a peeve of mine. It doesn't matter what forum or topic. My most hated vague question ever was a person who called me up and simply said "My Microsoft has a problem, what could be wrong?" I was sitting there thinking "Microsoft what? Windows, Word, Excel, Outlook, your Microsoft mouse, keyboard, or are you talking about some Microsoft stock you bought that's tanking? And what exactly is the problem? Is there an error? If so what was it?"

Then there are the people that get an error message, don't write it down and then ask me "My computer had an error message." So I ask "what did it say?" and they are like "I don't know/remember. Was that important?"

Eh, nothing tops the "my computer won't turn on" question that almost always is solved by plugging it in.

Violetti Usva

ECF Veteran
Dec 1, 2017
Eh, nothing tops the "my computer won't turn on" question that almost always is solved by plugging it in.

I had a "substances" binge a while back and fortunately I knew I was too intoxicated to call for help, but I did have this problem. I knew the reason that I couldn't find the buttons on my laptop at all was because I was heavily intoxicated, but it took about half an hour to realise that I was faffing around with an empty black folder.

Reactions: Eskie

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
Too many to mention. I have a virtual menagerie of pets, for each area of my life. But @ScottP 's response reminds me of my staff, wife, children, explaining a computer issue, or customers complaining about our website saying "it won't let me___". And I ask when you say "it won't let me," what do you mean? What happens, exactly? And they just repeat something like "it just won't let me log in," or "it just won't let me fill out the form."
So I just ask them something like - "Okay, so when you attempt to fill out the form, appendages appear from the computer, and hold your hands away from the keyboard?"
Yes, I'm a jerk...much of the time (at least based on the thoughts in my head). And no, I don't actually ask that - with customers, anyway.

Vapewise, I guess it's just people that assume most people vape the way they do. And that if you don't, you're not doing it right, or you just don't understand. Thankfully, there aren't too many of those here. But I was recently enjoying a thread about TC, and it got shut down because of one of those people.

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
Too many to mention. I have a virtual menagerie of pets, for each area of my life. But @ScottP

Vapewise, I guess it's just people that assume most people vape the way they do. And that if you don't, you're not doing it right, or you just don't understand. Thankfully, there aren't too many of those here. But I was recently enjoying a thread about TC, and it got shut down because of one of those people.

Yeah I really don’t get the class divide at all. Especially the elitism toward new vapers. If someone wants to jump right in building and DIYing or whatever, there are plenty of people here who can help them out. But if not I see no point in pushing it. I mean, I started mixing a few months in, but it took me over four years to have any desire for RBAs. If someone asks about beginner vapes it seems rude to push advanced gear.

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
Yeah I really don’t get the class divide at all. Especially the elitism toward new vapers. If someone wants to jump right in building and DIYing or whatever, there are plenty of people here who can help them out. But if not I see no point in pushing it. I mean, I started mixing a few months in, but it took me over four years to have any desire for RBAs. If someone asks about beginner vapes it seems rude to push advanced gear.
I agree....I would usually recommend a pod system or something because it's a small investment, easy to use and might make the new vaper think vaping might actually work. Now, I recommend them simply to piss off dripster.

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
I want a bunch of strangers who i have never even talked to before to recommend the best mod and tank there is for me to use. And btw, what's the best vape juice that i can get? And should i use nic salt or freebase? I read that you can only use nic salt in a MTL type tank. I want to use DL so do i need freebase nic?

You had me with the word "best".
But the answer to your problems is whatever I use.

HauntedMyst

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2013
Chicago
Yeah I really don’t get the class divide at all.

Then you've never rented a Rolls Royce, driven through the poor part of town by the addicted homeless, tossed out a half eaten sandwich and yelled "$100 to anyone who gets and eats the sandwich!" and the sat back and watched the mayhem ensue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread