Petition for 'Near Zero' (no nic added) Bobas Bounty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

xtwosm0kesx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2010
Face down in the gutter, USA
I started this thread to gauge/show the interest/demand for AVE to start selling Bobas Bounty in a 'Near Zero' or 'No Nic Added' as apparently, due to the extracts used, its not possible to make 0mg Bobas.

It appears the last thread discussing it was Fall of last year:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...124-0-mg-bobas-bounty-0-mg-gorilla-juice.html

So I realize this has been brought up before, heck i've even sent emails specifically asking about it and been told 'No custom orders', so i understand this is a long shot and still probably a low priority for AVE.

Boba's is my main ADV, i would say its about 95% Bobas, 5% everything else in a given day.

I've slowly moved down in nic level over the past year, and i've finally reached a point i've been dreading, i can't go any lower (with my favorite juice) because Boba's lowest lvl is 6mg.

I can't see it being terribly difficult (should be easier than mixing juice with nic) to mix up smaller runs of "No Nic Added" juice and advertise/sell it as just that, with no specific mg#, just an understanding that its under 6mg.

This would allow people to go as low as possible in nic lvl and still have a juice they love, and could even be used to 'cut' higher mg Boba's (ie cutting 6mg a bit, or some of the old 12mg i still have).

Maybe if some of the Boba's lovers who use lower nic juice could post to show some demand, we might be able to change AVE's mind!

You could count on me for an order of several hundred ml's of 'NNA' Boba's! :vapor:

txgtr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2013
Texas
I also am trying to lower my nic levels and have been on 6mg BB for a while. What I do sometimes is cut Boba's with unflavored VG, or even PG/VG. Even up to 50% the flavor is still pretty good.

While I would also like to see offered in a lower NIC, I can understand why it's not possible. They do something unique with the juice. I spent about 6 months mixing my own juice using many Boba clone recipes. I was never able to come up with anything that was even close. I've gone back to just purchasing Bobas.

It's my ADV. There are a couple others that I enjoy on occasion, but for me nothing comes close.

I suspect that one of the key ingrediants contains the nicotine and without out it, it just wouldn't be Boba's Bounty.

Kid606

Apr 17, 2013
QC-Canada
Alien Visions should not consider offering 3mg or near 0mg e-liquids as a low priority objective IMO, not only for Boba's Bounty but for all the juices from their tobacco line.

Why ? because they're simply losing their customers. As many others, I gradually lowered my nicotine level over the years, going from 24 to 3mg, working my way to 0.

Do I still enjoy vaping ? Of course ... Do I intend to stop vaping If I eventually reach 0mg one day ? Absolutely not... What's my favorite juice of all time ? Gorilla Juice ...

When was the last time I ordered some ? Can't remember... the 6mg throat hit is now too much for me, so I just stopped ordering it.

Even though I think this is the most beautiful juice on the face of the planet, what's the point if I can barely stand the throat hit ?

There are two things AVE should really put in the balance :

Over the years the vaping gear performance has significantly improved, RDA, RBA, subohming, Kayfuns, etc... Increased performance often leads to lower nicotine levels.

The second thing they should put in the balance is (sorry to say) .... their customers... I and many others probably already wrote them asking politely for 3mg or 0mg custom orders and got their request rejected,

Almost any other vendors I know and do business with are willing to accomodate any custom order ... Want a 5X Flavor shot ? sure... want a 1.5 mg nic level ? whatever you need.

Point is I would be the first placing a bulk order of GJ or BB at 3mg or 0mg.

AVE should seriously consider offering more options to their customers, because obviously they're losing clients and money by "doing nothing".

This thread should not be a long shot, but a must have.

xtwosm0kesx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2010
So, are you guys ready to start selling us 'no nic added' Boba's yet?

Or could you PLEASE at least give a reason why making a 'no nic added' version is so difficult? (Honestly, it should be easier)

As others in here have mentioned, some of us would greatly appreciate the ability to get down to as close to 0mg as possible or to mix other ~mg ranges that are not standard to AVE.

I'm currently left with 2 options, stay at 6mg forever or find a new ADV and stop vaping Boba's, the latter being a loss for both of us...

Kid606

Apr 17, 2013
QC-Canada
IMO, Offering a 3mg alternative would be a step in the right direction ... As I and many other can testify, going from 6 to 3 is a step where you will notice a significant drop in the throat hit department... And once you get used to 3, there's no turning back...

I can understand that some of BB and GJ ingredients might already have nicotine, and that absolute zero can't be achieved without changing the recipe. However, how difficult would it be to come up with a 3 mg version ?

Some input from AVE would be greatly appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xtwosm0kesx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2010
The lack of communication is a bit irritating, especially since I've purchased no less than 2 1/2 liters of the stuff.

Looks like Wookie hasn't been online since i bumped the thread, but i don't expect a response considering the thread is nearing 5 months old and hasn't gotten one yet.

Kid606

Apr 17, 2013
QC-Canada
Also, It would have been nice to get some support from all 6mg + AVE vapers out there. It seems like they don’t feel concerned at all by this thread, or at least not yet...

they should consider they will eventually find themselves in that same dark alley someday. We could certainly use a little help there. :)

Envoyé de mon iPad à l'aide de Tapatalk

xtwosm0kesx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2010
It seems like they don’t feel concerned at all by this thread, or at least not yet...

Lol, around the time i posted this thread (5months ago) i wrote them a nice well written/thought out e-mail asking for them to consider making 'no nic added' or at least get some info on why it wasn't possible.

It was several paragraphs and obv started by telling them how much i loved their company and their juice.

Their response was essentially this :"No Special Orders"

No explanation, no thanks for contacting us (not really necessary, but nice), nothing.

They're part of the 'old guard' but the world of e-cigs/liquid is changing quickly, just having good juice is not enough with todays quality juice makers, and the days of not engaging your customer are over(re: how much vendor spam i'm getting these days versus just 6 months ago).

It may not seem like much to lose a customer here or there, but when those customers (like me) are handing you around $600-700 every year, it doesn't take too many to add up to a pretty serious hit to your bottom line.

Grrrr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2013
San Francisco via Manchester U.K.
I agree with the above, I still vape BB but all my other juice I get from another vendor and they are always in their sub forum answering questions, explaining what's going on with their business expansion etc as they prepare for the deeming regs.
I think with so many ejuice options out there vendors really need to make an effort to connect with their clientele, I fear those that don't won't survive.

Last edited:

Baldr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2011
Dallas, Tx
I vaped 0mg for awhile, and that's when I quit ordering Boba's. Part of it was that I couldn't get a "no nic added" version. And part of it was that they were making it incredibly difficult to order, only opening their store for a few minutes a day (some days not at all), etc.

I'm back to vaping 6mg, and was here to see if they are still having issues with the web-store being closed most of the time when I noticed this thread. It certainly does seem like they could do something to work with people who want low/no nic.

xtwosm0kesx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2010
I vaped 0mg for awhile, and that's when I quit ordering Boba's. Part of it was that I couldn't get a "no nic added" version. And part of it was that they were making it incredibly difficult to order, only opening their store for a few minutes a day (some days not at all), etc.

I'm back to vaping 6mg, and was here to see if they are still having issues with the web-store being closed most of the time when I noticed this thread. It certainly does seem like they could do something to work with people who want low/no nic.

AFAIK they were doing 300 orders a day when they switched over to/opened the new site, when they first opened back up they hit that QUICK and closed.

These days the store is generally open 24/7 unless there is a good sale going on, but even then its usually open all the time after the first day or so.

Wookie has logged in since the bump, so obviously(still) won't be getting a response.

kkay59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2014
I think that Alien Visions should entertain the idea of no nic flavors, for people that request it. If they cannot do this for their customers, they should say WHY. I have loved the flavors I've tried thus far. Eventually I want to get to 6mg, maybe even 3mg. (I already have a few 6mg, but mainly use 12 mg) Maybe one day I will want to go to 0 nic as well. So I think they should reconsider the no special orders statement. Losing customers in this day and age would not be good. They may not come back. There are so many other good juice companies out there, it is insane. Many will go out of their way to please you, and get your business.

xtwosm0kesx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2010
AVE FB page says : "Our focus at Alien Visions E-Juice is to fulfill the e-liquid needs of the e-cigarette community."

Wish we were part of that community.

Envoyé de mon iPad à l'aide de Tapatalk

Well, when your rep logs onto the biggest e-cig forum only once every five days or so, while other vendors post 20 times A DAY (and their business reflects it), i don't think you're concerned with much.

The upcoming sale will probably be my last big order of Boba's, and it breaks my friggin heart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread