Petition to Delay PMTA! Your help needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Signed and sent.

I have no doubt that government will choose tobacco tax receipts over vaping. BT will sell tobacco cigarettes as long as there are people to buy them. Those of us who intend to continue vaping should stock up on whatever hardware and and supplies we need to continue vaping into the future. DIY juice and a stock of hardware are the key ingredients for vaping longevity, IMO.

• Agree
Reactions: MLEJ

WorksForMe

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
N.N., Virginia
Sorry, folks, this just in from VTA:

FDA Says It Will NOT Extend September 9 Deadline: Late on Friday afternoon, we received an e-mail from FDA, responding to our request for an extension of the PMTA deadline, saying that FDA will not extend the September 9 deadline. The FDA wrote, in part:

"Dear Mr. Abbound [sic]: Thank you for contacting the U.S. Food and Drug Administration’s (FDA’s or the Agency) Center for Tobacco Products (CTP) to request an additional extension of the premarket application deadline on behalf of your members with deemed new tobacco products. […]

I just wanted to point out that the email from the FDA to the VTA is not a response to the Citizen Petition filed by
Azim Chowdhury. Though this describes FDAs current thinking about an extension, the Citizen Petition process is not over. Anyone who has not commented on the petition yet, should do so soon.

• Informative
Reactions: Katya

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I just wanted to point out that the email from the FDA to the VTA is not a response to the Citizen Petition filed by
Azim Chowdhury. Though this describes FDAs current thinking about an extension, the Citizen Petition process is not over. Anyone who has not commented on the petition yet, should do so soon.

Yes, you are correct and I apologize for not stating that in my post clearly. It was a response to VTA, not to Azim Chowdhury's Petition. Sorry about that.

Reactions: WorksForMe
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread