• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

petitions

Status
Not open for further replies.

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Has anyone gone to read the petitions mentioned at the top of the page. I am wondering if it is a good thing or not for e-cigs to be classified as tobacco products. Won't that just open the door for the government to tax the crap out of our supplies?

The Wiz

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 14, 2009
    Whiskeyville USA
    hittman.....The alternative to labeling e-cigs as tobacco products is to label them as Drug delivery devices(nicotine)......I would have to think we will all benefit from signing the petitions.Look how long it has taken the Government to regulate or tax snuff or snus.....still ongoing. Just my opinion of course!

:)The Wiz!

BiteMe

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 31, 2009
    Stanwood, WA
    This is looking like a "Damned if you do, damned if you don't" kind of deal.
    I suppose that it comes down to the lesser of two evils. The lesser being classified as a "tobacco product". Although that in itself makes it easier to ban in public places. (And at work, in my case) I kinda liked them being called Personal Vaporizers, as that didn't imply anything one way or the other.

Bite:p

The Wiz

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 14, 2009
    Whiskeyville USA
    I suppose that it comes down to the lesser of two evils. The lesser being classified as a "tobacco product". Although that in itself makes it easier to ban in public places. (And at work, in my case) I kinda liked them being called Personal Vaporizers, as that didn't imply anything one way or the other.

That didn't fly unfortunatly BM....Best case is considering them a Tobacco product.....could be higher prices at the pumps eventually(which would be a long while IMO),but at least we can still get our stuff when we need it.Hate to see our e-cigs classified as NRT's or need a script to use them.

Not sure how this will turn out, but my workplace has decided to give all smokers or tobacco users until July 1 to quit using tobacco products to avoid heath insurance increases.This could be a catch-22 for me,as vaping is still not classifed as a tobacco product(but does contain nicotine),that added to the fact that I use nasal snuff makes me a canidate for these higher premiums.I'm trying to find out my companys stand on e-cigs,and whether they will play a part or not.....if not...I have to decide whether or not to give up snuff as that surely falls under the "Smokeless tobacco catagory. I may be screwed either way.....but I'm not giving up my vaping...that much i know!! I blame Obama....LOL

TWISTED VICTOR

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 14, 2009
    The edge of Mayhem

That didn't fly unfortunatly BM....Best case is considering them a Tobacco product.....could be higher prices at the pumps eventually(which would be a long while IMO),but at least we can still get our stuff when we need it.Hate to see our e-cigs classified as NRT's or need a script to use them.

Yeah, until they have a "reduced harm" category, a "tobacco product" label at least ensures availability.......Obama and all those criminal :-x!!

The Wiz

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 14, 2009
    Whiskeyville USA
    Wiz, I have a hard time imagining you giving up snuff. Do you think it would be pretty hard?
    Hitt....I think I more "enjoy" it than "need" it if that makes sense? I went just about a full year with just vaping and seemd to be ok.....the snuff is just insurance that I stay off the ciggs.....Plus most of them smell good too:) I think i would miss my morning and bedtime pinches the most!

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Wiz, it saddens me how the world around us is changing. Between the new tobacco tax and the ever increasing cost of health insurance it seems like there is no break for us the common man. I have been hit with fairly substantial medical expenses for my wife over the past five or six years due to the insurance deductibles going up and up. She has had a few medical issues that would have been paid for in full ten years ago but with the sad insurance coverage that I have, I now have to pay thousands out of pocket. I hate it that you may have to quit snuff simply because if you don't then they are going to stick it to you.

The Wiz

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 14, 2009
    Whiskeyville USA
    Wiz, it saddens me how the world around us is changing. Between the new tobacco tax and the ever increasing cost of health insurance it seems like there is no break for us the common man. I have been hit with fairly substantial medical expenses for my wife over the past five or six years due to the insurance deductibles going up and up. She has had a few medical issues that would have been paid for in full ten years ago but with the sad insurance coverage that I have, I now have to pay thousands out of pocket. I hate it that you may have to quit snuff simply because if you don't then they are going to stick it to you.
    Hitt....the same issues you are having have hit me too. I'm paying off two seperate hospital bills(primarily from emergancy room visits),for teatments which I thought would have been covered under my current medical plan.After endless hours of fighting and contesting(to of no avail),I am at least able to make monthly payments in light of not being able to pay these outragous fees in full! I'm afraid even with medical coverage,they still have us by the short ones!!

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Wiz, the whole health insurance thing just makes me ill. We used to have really good coverage thru my wife's work until about eight years ago. Then she decided that she needed to stay home with the kids and work part time. Then the company she was working for part time got bought and she decided to stay home full time. Meanwhile we took the insurance at my work which was not as good as what we had but wasn't too bad. Over the past five or six years the premiums have gone up about four or five hundred percent while the deductible has doubled and the coverage is alot less. The prescription plan has worsened also. I cross my fingers that nothing happens to her or the kids to cause a hospital visit. Our deductible went up this year to $3200 and then we have to pay 10% of everything over $5000. Every year I think the coverage can't get worse and yet it does.

jojogardener

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 11, 2010
    Northeast
    I share your pain.....insurance now from employers r more like catastaphe insurance.....
    5K deductible PER person on my policy :(
    2 years ago it was 100% medical pd by my employer and now I pay close to 4K a year and have no insurance to speak of............oh man....its a sad sad situation...
    BUT, I will not surrender to being owned by the government!

The Wiz

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 14, 2009
    Whiskeyville USA
    Hitt and Jojo...We're all in the same boat here! Really anxious to see what will happen today with the health care bill(Although the outcome seems to have already been decided).Wish I could say this was going to benefit the Middle Class as Obama says it will.....Just dont see how that can happen with the $ being spent! Everything trickles down including higher taxes for the wealthy. This could be one of the worst events in American History!

:(Wiz

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    firechick, my situation sounds about like yours. We pay high premiums for a policy that barely covers anything. I pay about four to five times what I did about a few years ago and it covers about a fourth of what it did. The huge deductible scares the heck out of me. If one little accident happens then we have to pay thousands of dollars.

The Wiz

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 14, 2009
    Whiskeyville USA
    And it's not going to get any better under that abomination that just got signed. The PTB just signed their own death warrants come November, but that's small consolation to what that thing's going to do to the American people.
    Your right Vicks...Not going to be A Sweet November for the Democratic Party.Lets hope some form of repeal can be had....although I don't see that Happening. Sad day for the USA IMO!

Nice to see you back Witchy!!!
    :)Wiz

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread