Status
Not open for further replies.

glointhedark

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
Antelope, CA, USA
Two of our cats like to perform "scientific experiments" to see what happens when they knock stuff, especially anything with liquid in it, off the tables. They are also in cahoots with the dog, and tend to knock down things for him that he cannot get at. Sometimes they just do it to get the dog treats that we throw out to distract the dog long enough to pick up whatever contraband he has gotten at. Needless to say, we keep vape supplies out of reach of any of the furballs.

Maiar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2014
Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
I keep everything where the dogs can't get at it. Especially the juice itself. One of my dogs is tiny and would probably die if she got any, one is really getting up there in years (he's 15 now) and would probably suffer the same fate. And the third is a basset hound who can smell a treat from 5 miles away and eats anything she can get her giant paws on. So I take zero chances lol.

GinnyTx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2014
Pearland, TX
I was told once house cats prove the existence of the devil. LOL

because it's their ancestor that's why!!*lol*

I am allergic to their dander, but I'm not a cat fan..so much it's become a source of bad jokes on my part with my cat loving friends and their giving me lots of ..er jabs.

and their cats LOVE me ..so when visiting my bestie (who has three, a "angry cat" whatever those are..a Chin Chin or something a Himalayan and some big hairy Persian all of which want to see who can make my eyes swell shut the fastest) a handy lil mini super soaker does the trick *lol*

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
because it's their ancestor that's why!!*lol*

I am allergic to their dander, but I'm not a cat fan..so much it's become a source of bad jokes on my part with my cat loving friends and their giving me lots of ..er jabs.

and their cats LOVE me ..so when visiting my bestie (who has three, a "angry cat" whatever those are..a Chin Chin or something a Himalayan and some big hairy Persian all of which want to see who can make my eyes swell shut the fastest) a handy lil mini super soaker does the trick *lol*

ROFL... when my stepsister's cat went into heat, my dad used a spray bottle set to "stream" when she got overly-amorous with him. :D

I used to say that I hated cats, because I was so deathly allergic to them; not only allergic reactions, but sometimes so bad a reaction that it could bring on an asthma attack. Zyrtec fixed that for me, which is a good thing, since my son was DETERMINED that the pitiful little tuxedo kitten who turned up in our carport join our family. It's not actually dander though; cats really don't have any, because they lick themselves all over, all the time -- but the detergent in their saliva can be HIGHLY allergenic to a LOT of people. Other detergents give me a rash (Coast and Irish Spring soap, that I know of for sure), and when I read that about detergent in cats' saliva, I suddenly realized the source of the allergy.

Now I just tell her, when I see her licking herself, that if she'd keep her saliva in her mouth where it belonged, I wouldn't have such a problem. :D But THANK GOD for Zyrtec! Cats are actually hilarious and endearing little beasts, which I'd never have known, if not for Zyrtec.

Andria

susanlinda823

Moved On
Oct 15, 2014
Dallas
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
This thread will be submitted as further evidence why dogs.

Well, I love dogs... SOME dogs. But they sure are noisy. That's one of the best things about cats, the near-total lack of noise. If the doorbell rings, she may go hide, but she sure doesn't start making an annoying racket. Same for thunderstorms, passing trains, and other cats she sees thru the sliding glass doors -- maybe a hiss or a mrowr for the last, but it's not loud.

I have to keep a fan running my bedroom anytime I'm going to bed, because of all the damn noisy dogs in my neighborhood. They bark at EVERYTHING. :facepalm: And then there are the ones that will NOT come to their masters' calls, but instead romp all over the neighborhood, leaving their turds everywhere. Which, BTW, they don't bother to bury... as cats do.

I like cats. :)

Andria

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
My cat just sits there staring in amazement as I chuck clouds. A sheer look of wonderment and captivation.........she must think I'm Gandalf or something....

Heh.. sometimes when we're watching TV in the living room, if the vapor hangs in "layers", she bats at it... that is FUN to watch! :D But thankfully, in the close confines of my husband's room where we usually watch TV (got a 32" flatscreen LED for xmas!! woohoo!!), she doesn't seem to like the haze, and I'm glad; really don't want her breathing more PG than she absolutely has to, just by being indoors.

Andria

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread