Not open for further replies.

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
Monsieur Prime Minister, Toulouse Lautrec Le Chat, chases the clouds. When I blow vape rings, he instantly destroys them.

I only use VG liquids. Not because of feline problems with PG, but because I like the thick, silky vapor and flavor.

Cats aren't the smartest animals in the world. This one walks right past a bowl full of food to come tell me that he's hungry.

But he really likes my Vamo Protank combo, especially when the tank is full of one of my DIY VG based tobacco blends.

Z51AB2d.jpg

mare ze dotes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2012
WI/Boston
Well, I have two guinea pigs and I vape constantly in my bedroom. They're the same as they've ever been (rambunctious and full of attitude), and I bought them before I started vaping. I never smoked in the house, though. Occasionally they sneeze, but it's cute when they do. And as long as it's just a random sneeze, it doesn't worry me.

GPF FGP

"Guinea Pigs Forever, Forever Guinea Pigs" Amun dalay.

View attachment 255956

Love the piggies. the big eyes. So cute. I do have to say I am a rat sort of gal. Rats love their peoples. Every morning, I wake up to the the happiness. "please hug and hold and feed me!" And She makes this little laugh noise. So adorable.

MiamiMom63

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2012
South Florida
I have a toy poodle that was fine for years and then all of a sudden she started scratching her bottom a lot and her ears. The vet said it was probably allergies and put her on a non allergenic dog food. I admit I sometimes cheat and give her treats that might not be good for her, but she's improved a lot. And I thought it was weird because she never had a problem with her food before. But sometimes they do just come up with issues. Maybe it was a coincidence with the vaping as some others have said.

Rocketpunk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Dayton, Ohio
It's funny you say that. I've been slowly hinting to my girlfriend that when my piggies pass to piggy heaven (they won't ever die, you hear me, God?!) that I want to get a pair of pet rats. I've been watching video after video on Youtube of pet rats doing tricks and really loving on their owners.

If I could REALLY get away with it, I'd have a freakin' capybara. I totally would.

Love the piggies. the big eyes. So cute. I do have to say I am a rat sort of gal. Rats love their peoples. Every morning, I wake up to the the happiness. "please hug and hold and feed me!" And She makes this little laugh noise. So adorable.

HauntedMyst

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2013
Chicago
Monsieur Prime Minister, Toulouse Lautrec Le Chat, chases the clouds. When I blow vape rings, he instantly destroys them.

I only use VG liquids. Not because of feline problems with PG, but because I like the thick, silky vapor and flavor.

Cats aren't the smartest animals in the world. This one walks right past a bowl full of food to come tell me that he's hungry.

But he really likes my Vamo Protank combo, especially when the tank is full of one of my DIY VG based tobacco blends.

Z51AB2d.jpg

He's aweesome IB! What a great pattern around his eyes!

Worzel

ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Lakeland, Florida
i know birds (parrots) have sensitive respiratory systems and you should not smoke around them but i wonder about vaping
I don't know about that one. I have a gaggle here at home, I vape VG liquid, but I don't do it in the room with them, I vape in my bedroom. I would definitely be wary of PG around birds.

Last edited:

MiamiMom63

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2012
South Florida
I Vape VG DIY also. But when I vaped PG awhile ago they never seemed to mind. And I've had snakes, birds, guinea pigs, iguanas, etc.I love animals. Lol. My albino cockatiel named Casper talks to me daily. Hello, what are you doing, hello sexy, give me a kiss, etc. lol. So far they all seem real happy i don't smoke anymore.

Worzel

ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Lakeland, Florida
Well, here is a link from UK vapers on birds and vaping.http://http://ukvapers.org/Thread-Vaping-and-parrots-and-other-pets

I have 2 Jenday conures, a Green Cheek conure, a Nanday conure, a Sun Conure, a Cockatiel, two parakeets, and a foul mouthed African Grey. My house is a little loud.

Now I heard you shouldn't use aerosol around birds, it can kill them, but I don't know about vaping, I heard vapor being referred to as aerosol before, so I just keep it away from them. My Grey is a plucker, and I wonder if any trace of nicotine would aggravate it? She is a nervous plucker, and she does it to get a rise out of hubby and I!

Worzel

ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Lakeland, Florida
Worzel has been to the vet, and we switched her to pellets, fruit, and she is really spoiled with peas, corn, and blueberries fed to her one by one LMAO. She is a nervous plucker. We tried putting the satellite dish on her head the vet gave us, and she freaked out! She loves her showers though. We moved her away from "her" window, I was wondering if the cars going by, people walking past, hawks flying over, and random cats were making her nervous. We put her in front of a different window with less startling scenery, but now she plucks because her house was moved. A never ending battle. I always tell Hubby that it is because Worzel thinks she is people, and people don't have feathers.

MiamiMom63

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2012
South Florida
Wow, I've been real lucky. My bird hasn't been to the vet in ages and never seems nervous. He deals with the two dogs also. He's the boss though. Lol. He hates everyone but me. He doesn't talk if others are around. But when I come home every day he gets all excited and talks up a storm. If I leave the room to go to the bathroom, he squawks and makes a loud ruckus until he sees me again. Lol.

Worzel

ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Lakeland, Florida
Worzel is pretty gutsy around people. She just needs to stare at a stranger for a moment, pull out a feather or two, the resumes her yammering. I am greeted by a half bald, belching, farting, meowing African Grey who resembles a demented dandelion, but I love her :wub:

We got her when she was six months old, she started plucking when she went into puberty. I think she wants a boyfriend. Watching the cockatiel hump his perch all day cannot be much help to her either.

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
We tried putting the satellite dish on her head the vet gave us, and she freaked out!

No way, birds can wear The Cone of Shame too! :lol: Okay, probably not funny if you're stuck in the house with them at the time.

You do have to be careful with PG and cats. Propylene Glycol is linked to Heinz body anemia in cats.

Had no idea about this. Don't have a cat anymore but it is nice to be aware of. Thank you.

I'm loving the animal stories. We've had an odd assortment and loved them all. Used to have a thundering herd of lop eared bunnies. Died laughing when I first saw bunny hurdling (bunny safe), check it on Google. I'm betting vaping is NOT safe around rabbits, they seem to be sensitive (overly sensitive) creatures.

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
He's aweesome IB! What a great pattern around his eyes!

He's handsome and he knows it.

He's also keenly interested in those rodents Rocket is talking about.

"What are theez ginney pigs of which he speeks?"

Vwls

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2013
AZ
Uh oh... this thread has me wondering about something. These are my two cats, George Clooney and Moonshadow.

n_zpsd983a4d4.jpg

Mooney recently developed mats in her fur down near her tail area and around her rear haunches. I thought it was very strange as she seems to always keep herself pretty well groomed. They were too well matted to brush out - had to cut them off with little scissors. Now I'm worried that my vaping might have something to do with it? I always smoked outside in my former life as a smoker - but one of the many things I love about vaping is that I can do it in the house (I live in Arizona - there are only like 4 months out of the year here that one can casually walk outside and like, survive.)

I vape 50/50... and I do blow it all over the place. :( I mean, other than the mats, she seems fine, but we do make a promise to our beasts to give them a happy, comfortable home when we adopt them (or when they adopt us)... so we are accountable here. Has anyone done any actual research on PG vapor and cats? :unsure:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread