Status
Not open for further replies.

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
I do hope you find it's not the PG. I kinda flipped when I noticed I was having a problem, and everybody blames their problems on PG, but then realized that I only have the difficulties with one flavor from multiple vendors, but not from others. I think it's hazelnut in some coffee juices and are not listed in the ingredients. "Secret sauce" kind of thing. The good thing is you can mix your own and figure it out by yourself. I do hope it's an inconsequential ingredient easily avoided.

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
I haven't tried straight VG juice. My understanding is that PG carries the flavor better, though many people seem to be completely happy with straight VG juice whether they have a reaction to PG or not. Either way, avoiding certain flavors is far easier than avoiding PG or VG. And then again, if you're DIY it couldn't be easier. Now I'm confusing myself. What words of wisdom does your allergenic have to say on the issue?

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I've been experimenting with higher VG content lately because PG irritates me a bit and have tried up to 90/10 VG/PG. It's not an allergy for me, just irritation. It's different, but I could get used to it. Definitely less flavor. I've settled at about 70% VG now. I thin it with a bit of water and it works well for me.

Best of luck with it madqatter!

cmdebrecht

ECF Veteran
Aug 19, 2013
Saint Louis, Missouri
My dogs are clueless. Especially this one.

20131108_171920.jpg

madqatter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2013
Virginia
avoiding certain flavors is far easier than avoiding PG or VG.
No, definitely not. I already know that I'm reacting to a wide variety of juices, so if it's a flavor problem, it's lots of different flavors and that would entail devising and taking lots of different challenge tests. It would be MUCH easier to diagnose and avoid a problem with PG or VG. (And I already know VG probably isn't the problem.) :)

What words of wisdom does your allergenic have to say on the issue?
That I'm allergic to maple pollen and dust mites. This is why I'm doing my own challenge tests. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread