PG/VG Ratios?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fabsta

ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2010
Jo'burg, South Africa
Hi guys and gals.

I've been using Dekangs PG juice since I started vaping. I think that it's 100% PG. I've noticed that many use a variety of PG/VG ratios: 80/20, 70/30, 50/50 etc. What is the advantage of doing this? More VG=more vapor but less TH??

I normally use around 18mg juice. If I try some 80/20 or 70/30 should I increase the nic to say 24mg to keep the TH up?

Thanks

Lightgeoduck

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2009
jp(APO)Camp Z us
Yes you are right VG= more vapor but less TH. You might not have to increase the nic level (though that does increase TH ) especially on an 80/20 mix. I can't say for sure what nic level increase would equate to the same TH, but a jump from 18mg to 24mg might be a bit excessive. Another option for increased TH would be to either use higher voltage (i.e. 5v pt ) or use LR atties @ 3.7v or below.

ORRR you could try this but it will cut down on the flavor a tad.

buy 100% 24mg PG and some pure VG and cut it to an 80/20 mix giving you the edge you might be looking for with an outcome slightly higher than your normal vape = 19.2mg

that last suggestion is if you wanted to tinker a bit and get your feet wet with DIY.

LGD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread