PG vs VG and wicking and carto question

Status
Not open for further replies.

pcijohn

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 29, 2010
NY
I have been having a bunch of issues lately with taste. Even with carts I seem to get the dry burn only after couple of vapes. With the e2 v4 cartos they always taste somewhat flat and dry. I don't recall this issue with carts before. I am only using 20% VG and really don't know why I am. Does straight PG wick better. Could 20% VG be enough to slow wicking down and causing these tastes? What is the negative if any of using 100% PG. Other than vapor production what benefit would 20% VG give if any?
Sorry for all the questions this is driving me nuts and starting to make me not satisfied with my vaping experience.
Thank You

Shan B

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 26, 2010
Latrobe, PA
www.Vapecore.com
I use 75%VG and 25% PG when dripping. 50/50 when using carts.

with you using carts it might be too thick. VG is normally thicker than PG thus causing either wicking issues or causing clogging and build up.

Try doing a 50/50 mix.

To me the taste you are explaining sounds like it dried up and burnt the poly inside, and that taste it stuck in there, but I see you say you're getting this with Carts and Cartomizers? then it would prob be that your juice is too thick and not wicking right. SO... try using some 50/50 juice and see what happens. Trial and error with juices is what it boils down to.

I have been having a bunch of issues lately with taste. Even with carts I seem to get the dry burn only after couple of vapes. With the e2 v4 cartos they always taste somewhat flat and dry. I don't recall this issue with carts before. I am only using 20% VG and really don't know why I am. Does straight PG wick better. Could 20% VG be enough to slow wicking down and causing these tastes? What is the negative if any of using 100% PG. Other than vapor production what benefit would 20% VG give if any?
Sorry for all the questions this is driving me nuts and starting to make me not satisfied with my vaping experience.
Thank You

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread