The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Phantom-J long term thread

Discussion in 'E Cigarette Suppliers Forum' started by jerry69nolan, Jul 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. jerry69nolan

jerry69nolan Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

May 3, 2011
    Jacksonville AL USA
    I feel it necessary to open a thread and keep it open so that any one can post to it so that I may keep on top of any issues and keep an open line of communications that may arise and also to keep you all posted of any changes or ideas you may have or ask for. I do have a lot more I want to do to make the best PV at 3.7v with a low OHM atty or cartos and different battery configurations. There is more to come as I get these first units out and I KNOW you all will be pleased with the options that will soon be available. So if you have any questions or need answers please P.M. or e-mail me at jerry@acmepvs.com or at jerry69nolan@gmail.com or just post here and I will get you a answer as soon as possible.

Thank you,
    Jerry Nolan
    AcmePVS.com, American Made Personal Vaporizers

2. jerry69nolan

May 3, 2011
    Jacksonville AL USA
    Going to have a disclaimer on my site about the batteries that I designed my Phantom-J around. The batteries that were used to make it were ultra fire 18350 batts and have had a issue with AW batts not wanting ti make contact. Will be adding magnet spacers to the rest of the units I ship as I did not know that some battery buttons are different sizes.

3. jayvolt

jayvolt Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 12, 2011
    West Palm Beach FL USA
    Good call. Unfortunately out of all the batteries I have laying about the house, none of them are the same and there just is no REAL standard manufacturing process. While on a tube mod or a less precise mode this won't be an issue. I can see where in some it is. Thanks for the update!

4. jerry69nolan

May 3, 2011
    Jacksonville AL USA
    I have a fix for that issue and will implement it in the next batch. That is a problem that shouldn't be a problem.

5. jerry69nolan

May 3, 2011
    Jacksonville AL USA
    Just now felt like sharing that my mom has been in the hospital and has not been doing well. As when I get home at night I try and get at least one mod complete. I have about 2 more to go and hope I can finish by monday. This has been a work in progress and I hope by the time I make my final revisions to the Phantom-J I will have all of the bugs out and have a solid mod. There were a couple returned because of the positive batt terminal not making contact with part of the bushing that made up part of my switch witch was separated by a washer. I changed that to solid epoxy with out a washer and now it will make contact. As when I make the next ones I will also be able to seal the switch and make it user serviceable. I have not made any attempt to tell all what has been going on with me and my mod as I should have been doing but my mom comes first. She seems to be diong better and I hope she gets out of the hospital soon. I would love nothing more than for her to get better and give me a chance to get back to improving my Phantom-J and mod-ing.

6. jerry69nolan

May 3, 2011
    Jacksonville AL USA
    Just to make a post of relevance, I should have some of the Phantom-J's that will hold a 18650 battery by the middle of the week.

7. jerry69nolan

May 3, 2011
    Jacksonville AL USA
    I am going to sell one more of my Phantom-J 18650 mods for this morning for 100.00 your choice of finish and button, that will include shipping.

8. Col. Gaunt

Col. Gaunt Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Aug 6, 2009
    Chicago, IL
    WOW! That is a great price for one of your mods with an 18650!

9. jerry69nolan

May 3, 2011
    Jacksonville AL USA
    Thanks Col. Gaunt but the price of eggs went up in China .lol I had a cost over run and well...picked them up last night. Will start assembling them today.

10. Col. Gaunt

Col. Gaunt Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Aug 6, 2009
    Chicago, IL
    Damn those Chinese eggs! [​IMG]

11. jerry69nolan

May 3, 2011
    Jacksonville AL USA
    Thats so wrong in so many ways. I feed my Hahns macaw some chicken from time to time, he loves it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.