PhenomenoN our New RBA only from GUS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fyla

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2015
Croatia
hi i recently take phenomenon zest my setup is 30 awg kanthal with fiber freaks no1 i usually try to make 1.5-18 om coil.i make micro coil but i dont know id its better or not than normal coil.i get very good vapor production but i dont take flavor just the base of the flavor any sweet flavor and my drip tip as phenomenon gets really warm.idont know whats going on if anyone can help me please i really like my zest but i think i dont get 100% of its flavor not even 10%.
thanks

On my Lite i use spaced coil, around 1.2 ohm, also 30 awg Kanthal. I place coil just above pins as low as i can not touching the pins. I use KGD cotton. And flavor is amazing. Either you placed coil to high or your cotton is bad. Also try make spaced coil on 2mm ID.

teo77

Aug 4, 2015
thank you guys! i used spaced but gus said me to make micro coil i do it now i use fiber freaks 1 and i think is good cotton and he tells me about 1.1 ohm i make 1.3 tha flavor is good but alittle warm that i dont want i lake my nautilus style a bit cold tight and flavor. i had a problem with my screw i see that but i have fixed it.can you guys show me any photos of the set up you make and you prefer please?i have 30 awg kanthal with FF no1.now i make my halycon haze venus and flavor is ok but i dont think i never take the best phenomenon flavor and i ve been sad..also my coil is not to high and dont touch the pins i dotn know if when i close the bell if the cotton moves but i checked this and i think it not moves.

Reactions: aiolos

Dobo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2014
Tbilisi, Georgia
Mind that I had to cut tails later, as they were too chunky. One is twisted 30 ga Kanthal and the second is 28 ga Titanium.

19662653824_ffae9b20d0_k.jpg

Last edited:

hobbes4

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2009
I find i get better flavor with smaller diameter coils, 2mm vs 2.5mm or 3mm. My guess is the air passes over the thinner coil easier, more efficiently, reaching more of the top of the coil if that makes any sense. I'm no expert, just something i've observed with attys that have more restricted airflow. I guess if your using a dripper or tank with huge airflow it wouldn't matter as much but i don't use those so i wouldn't know.

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
ok so after a bit of confusion, the usual Royal Mail/GLS fiasco, some more petulance from me (jeez I am becoming a grumpy old sod), the GUS men have my new momentous base winging its way back to me. Thanks to Konstantinos for putting up with me!! Hopefully im not the worst customer they have but at least Im a big fan!! Cheers guys!!

TheBloke

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2015
Brighton, UK
Got my Phenomenon Lite with Momentous base today, thanks to @TheotherSteveS 's recommendation!

Ordered yesterday at 14.00 my time, received this morning at 10.00 - from Greece via Germany to the UK. Pretty.. phenomenal! :)

Build is a bit messy, but was really quick and easy to get on - Titanium 24G 9 wraps. Thoughts in next post.

Last edited:

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
Got my Phenomenon Lite with Momentous base today, thanks to @TheotherSteveS 's recommendation!

Ordered yesterday at 14.00 my time, received this morning at 10.00 - from Greece via Germany to the UK. Pretty.. phenomenal! :)

Build is a bit messy, but was really quick and easy to get on - Titanium 24G 9 wraps. Thoughts in next post.

Nice one mate..:)
You are lucky! I didnt get a nice bag. Would have been useful for keeping the spare PMMA tanks and speres together in a nice way....With everything else, this has become really annoying...:mad:

Last edited:
Reactions: qorax

TheBloke

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2015
Brighton, UK
:( That said, I'd say it's more.. cute than 'nice'. It reminds me an awful lot of the little bag my Mum knitted my when I was five to keep my marbles in. She sewed 'Tom's Marbles' on it.

It's OK :) A box would have been preferable I feel.

A quick question - I got two tanks. One has top fill holes, the other doesn't. Is that normal? Is there some benefit to using the second tank without top fill ports? I don't quite follow that - even if I don't want to use top fill, there's no harm having the holes because they're covered by a metal band. So a bit odd to have a spare but one which I can't top fill.

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
:( That said, I'd say it's more.. cute than 'nice'. It reminds me an awful lot of the little bag my Mum knitted my when I was five to keep my marbles in. She sewed 'Tom's Marbles' on it.

It's OK :) A box would have been preferable I feel.

A quick question - I got two tanks. One has top fill holes, the other doesn't. Is that normal? Is there some benefit to using the second tank without top fill ports? I don't quite follow that - even if I don't want to use top fill, there's no harm having the holes because they're covered by a metal band. So a bit odd to have a spare but one which I can't top fill.

Lol!!

I think they should both have the holes but @qorax or @aiolos would know better.

TheBloke

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2015
Brighton, UK
Lol!!

I think they should both have the holes but @qorax or @aiolos would know better.

This is the second tank that it came with (note I didn't order a spare, so I assumed this was a normally-provided free spare tank?)

So it has no fill ports, but is otherwise basically the same as the first - well, mostly the same. I think it did look slightly different, like when I look inside it seems to have a thicker area in a different place. I can't easily re-compare because the other one is filled and on the atomizer.

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
This is the second tank that it came with (note I didn't order a spare, so I assumed this was a normally-provided free spare tank?)

So it has no fill ports, but is otherwise basically the same as the first - well, mostly the same. I think it did look slightly different, like when I look inside it seems to have a thicker area in a different place. I can't easily re-compare because the other one is filled and on the atomizer.

Maybe they got a batch that wrent drilled out and just threw one in with the package?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread