Square tank made specifically for box mods!!! (KS RTA)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys, it arrives to me today, it is fantastic, but I have a big problem: the chimney doesn't turn!
I tried to change tip, tank oring and tip oring, but nothing happens!
I don't understand why I have this problem, I think that tip oring doesn't thigtens because is too close, or the tank oring is too large.
Please help, I tried to fill it with chimney already opened, but it obviously leak (only at the beginning).

Petabread

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2014
Miami, FL
Hi guys, it arrives to me today, it is fantastic, but I have a big problem: the chimney doesn't turn!
I tried to change tip, tank oring and tip oring, but nothing happens!
I don't understand why I have this problem, I think that tip oring doesn't thigtens because is too close, or the tank oring is too large.
Please help, I tried to fill it with chimney already opened, but it obviously leak (only at the beginning).
This happens to me sometimes. What I've done to correct it is by putting a little juice on the o-ring inside of the tank before I screw everything back together. Basically lubing it up.

Reactions: TrollDragon

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
I had the chimney stuck all the way down on my KS once. I had built it, filled it and then realized I couldn't get the chimney to unscrew. :facepalm: Drain the tank enough to loosen the deck and turn the chimney.

Now I always leave the chimney unscrewed 1/3 before I fill it and I have never had it leak or flood on me.

I put a 24g build on mine last night, 8 wraps on 3mm for 0.7 ohms. I didn't think the KS had the airflow for it but it vapes quite well and I have had the air flow screw out since I got it.

Reactions: Petabread

jmarkus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2011
CA USA
i love being able to access the deck with a full/partially full tank. all i do is close juice control all the way except a 1/4 turn, invert tank, unscrew and remove the bottom screws, keep the tank inverted and start unscrewing the bottom deck until it comes off the chimney. great tank.

VaPreis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
i love being able to access the deck with a full/partially full tank. all i do is close juice control all the way except a 1/4 turn, invert tank, unscrew and remove the bottom screws, keep the tank inverted and start unscrewing the bottom deck until it comes off the chimney. great tank.

Thanks for the tip. Going to try that on the next re-wick.

Petabread

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2014
Miami, FL
I had the chimney stuck all the way down on my KS once. I had built it, filled it and then realized I couldn't get the chimney to unscrew. :facepalm: Drain the tank enough to loosen the deck and turn the chimney.

Now I always leave the chimney unscrewed 1/3 before I fill it and I have never had it leak or flood on me.

I put a 24g build on mine last night, 8 wraps on 3mm for 0.7 ohms. I didn't think the KS had the airflow for it but it vapes quite well and I have had the air flow screw out since I got it.
I have a 24g build in mine at 0.5 ohms. No issues! So if you ever want to take it lower, you can.

SUPER K

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2015
I have a 24g build in mine at 0.5 ohms. No issues! So if you ever want to take it lower, you can.
What kind of watts are you hiring it with? Slow ramp up? VG/PG ratio? How's the weather?

Sorry for a million questions across the board, still trying to learn. I've finally solved my wicking issues.is running way to light on the cotton thickness but using longer tails. Thicker wicks with shorter tails have helped.

Reactions: Petabread

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
What kind of watts are you hiring it with? Slow ramp up? VG/PG ratio? How's the weather?

Sorry for a million questions across the board, still trying to learn. I've finally solved my wicking issues.is running way to light on the cotton thickness but using longer tails. Thicker wicks with shorter tails have helped.
For mine I runt it at 25W and a MaxVG (85%+ VG) juice in it. The ramp up takes a split second.

skrymir

Jul 14, 2015
Canada
See now I got the KS to build higher and still get a decent vape and still use max vg juice. (The purpose was so I could vape the juice I like all day on a small device and not need to recharge... well at least not until late in the evening).

Currently vaping at 1.2 ohm - 26g wire 3mm ID can't remember the wraps right now. Vaping 85% vg juice at 19w.

Petabread

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2014
Miami, FL

0.51 build, 35 watts, 87vg/13pg, decent enough ramp up time for me, and the weather is hot and humid! :p

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
Status