Philadelphia's Mayor Nutter Bans Vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
It blows me away that politicians are so poorly informed on vaping and yet so easily influenced by big tobacco lobbyists. Sad state of affairs.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Actually, it is Big Pharmaceutical lobbyist who behind the scenes are providing money and distortions through their local mouth pieces the ACS and ALA and ASH who they fund.

Sundodger

ECF Veteran
Sep 22, 2013
All 57 States
Well, I guess I'll get slapped for this but here goes,

""We don't know yet what effects e-cigarette vapor may have on their users or on the people around them, but we do know that e-cigarette vapor has been found to contain nicotine," said Nutter"

"but we do know that e-cigarette vapor has been found to contain nicotine"

No .... Sherlock! At least the stuff I buy that says 16mg/ml, better have some nic in it!

Jman8

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Wisconsin
Braun doing PED's in MLB is to me like 50 vapers just walked into Target to openly vape. Guess which ones have nicotine in their vape?

Answer: You'll never know for sure, unless you test them all, all of the time.

Hmmm, maybe I'm not making that point well enough. Let's 50 of us walk into the Target on Mifflin St. and test this out. C'mon, it'll be fun!

Braun doing PED's in MLB is to me like 50 vapers just walked into Target to openly vape. Guess which ones have nicotine in their vape?

Answer: You'll never know for sure, unless you test them all, all of the time.

Hmmm, maybe I'm not making that point well enough. Let's 50 of us walk into the Target on Mifflin St. and test this out. C'mon, it'll be fun!

Love the comparison...but Braun is still a termite. I was just pointing out the fact that the Brewers fans gave a standing ovation to a known cheater... That's like a welfare mother of 7 stealing 300$ dollars worth of diapers from Walmart, and me clapping for her as she gets into her 7 series BMW.

KODIAK (TM)

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2014
Dead Moose, AK
"We don't know yet what effects e-cigarette vapor may have on their users or on the people around them..."

Why does just about every politician make the above statement as he/she gleefully signs yet another ban into law? Do they think this makes the ban more understandable? Does admitting their ignorance somehow make them appear smarter? I'll never understand it.

Simply <censored for the kiddies> amazing.

swampergene

ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2014
Slatington, PA, USA
KODIAK™;12815540 said:
Why does just about every politician make the above statement as he/she gleefully signs yet another ban into law? Do they think this makes the ban more understandable? Does admitting their ignorance somehow make them appear smarter? I'll never understand it.

Simply <censored for the kiddies> amazing.

I understand it, it's exactly how a politician's mind works. In the vast expanses of their brains, the very fact that the voted for and Nutter sign the bill makes it common, irrefutable knowledge. If you asked one of them "Is vaping in public banned in Philly?" they won't say "Yes, it's controversial but we passed the law last week." They would simply say "Yes, it's always been illegal in Philadelphia." This is why they are so dumbfounded when people dispute facts with them, it's because they buy into their own BS.

rothenbj

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2009
Green Lane, Pa
It blows me away that politicians are so poorly informed on vaping and yet so easily influenced by big tobacco lobbyists. Sad state of affairs.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

It's not tobacco lobbyists, the the Pharma industry and their marketing arms- ??health departments?? and ?non-profit? "health" associations such as the ALA, ACS and CTFK.

As long as the Regressives control the cities, and it's going to be hard getting them out, this will be common place and not only on this issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread