phiniac carto issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

basementcat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
sierra nevada foothills, ca
So I am using stainless steel standard length boge cartos with a standard size phniac tank. My issue is no matter what after about a day of use my cartos smell very burned even though I'm not getting any dry hits. I've tried one hole and two hole and it seems to feed but when I pop my drip tip off its always bone dry on top. I know when I used smoketech dct tanks and cartos they always stayed sslushy looking on top. I prefill my cartos before putting them in the tank. I know its feeding as I'm getting bubbles from the holes but its smelling very burnt and sometimes making me cough even when its not tasting burnt? Any suggestion? Am I doing something wrong? I can't afford to toss cartos after only one day when before the tank I could get a week or two before replacing.

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
Do you fill your carto before putting it in the tank? I am using DC cartos right now but will be using some Boge's next. If my carto looks dry on top I add a few drops to the carto and dry puff on it to get more juice in before I hit the button. I am new to tanks, I use a glass tank similar to Phiniac type. bnrk

Freddie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2012
The NETWORK
So I am using stainless steel standard length boge cartos with a standard size phniac tank. My issue is no matter what after about a day of use my cartos smell very burned even though I'm not getting any dry hits. I've tried one hole and two hole and it seems to feed but when I pop my drip tip off its always bone dry on top. I know when I used smoketech dct tanks and cartos they always stayed sslushy looking on top. I prefill my cartos before putting them in the tank. I know its feeding as I'm getting bubbles from the holes but its smelling very burnt and sometimes making me cough even when its not tasting burnt? Any suggestion? Am I doing something wrong? I can't afford to toss cartos after only one day when before the tank I could get a week or two before replacing.
You need to use a 3 to 4 HOLE PUNCH PATTERN! 2 at the bottom and 1 or 2 at the top! That way the top coil filler area stays wet! I hope this helps! I do mine like this ALL the time with NO LEAKS or DRY HITS!

79Silo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Im using a boge with a single hole in a phiniac tank.. i just notice one thing.. usually i vape on 3.0 boge without tank is at 5v but when in a tank i use at 4.7v.. When at 5v it will intend to burn as like the juice is not sucking in but when i lower it down seems ok... i use a siam mode puncher, 1 big hole.. working great for me.. smoktech carto prepunch is also having the same issue.. or is it maybe the pressure in the tank that make the carto breathing not properly.. but all ok for me now

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Hello, I too was having a bit of trouble getting the tank going. Thru alot of trial and error I finally did it. I got a lot of good advise here, and still had the same thing you described. I tried 1, 2 holes, slotting etc. I made quite a few mistakes as in placing the holes/slots too low, still had dry burns. I decided to go to a local shop and see if hands on help might help me. She took the tank and placed an boge stainless steel carto with 2 two holes that she punched for me. She did mention that the phiniac tank was the tightest tank she'd ever dealt with. She said that I had it flooded even though to the eye it seemed as the carto was dry. She got it going and I was so happy, bought some juice and cartos, mostly because she spent so much time for one carto sale I felt I need to get something more. It was working perfectly until I put it down for a while. I picked it up and again, I needed to pull so much to get a draw and fiddle with it and tap it to get bubbles going etc. Thats when her words rang thru my head, "this is the tightest tank, Ive ever dealt with" So I got an Idea. On the forum I remember that some people make a third hole higher near the top o ring for aeriation. So I pulled the carto out and slipped in another with 2 holes near bottom and one on top. WOW what a difference. It has been going fantastically for 2 days now. I can put it down for and hour , pick it up and take a draw. I believe that the Phiniacs are a very different beast. They are not only known for beauty but extreme function. It takes over 6lbs of pressure to get the tank to come off the carto/battery, so they create an amazing vacuum within. Combine this with med to thick juice and thats why I had problems. I hope this helps. I cant believe that after only being a vaporer for only 3 weeks that I can now share some of my experience. This has been a such a wonderful experience. I had such an easy time when I first got me KGO. But when I got the tank, I thought , oh no, why didnt I leave well enough alone. Im glad I stuck with it and I know you will too. By the way I tried the same on a Smoke tech DCT tank, and it flooded, what a mess, the smoke tech tanks come easily apart and doesnt have any vacuum to it. Thats why combined with the smoke tech carto which has less dense filler , thats why they only put one tiny hole and it works for that tank.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread