Not open for further replies.

Chinner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2011
Toronto, Canada
e6u2y7aq.jpg

First time for me trying balls as wick. These appeared to be the best of the bunch. Not sure about the hydrogen peroxide though. Thought I'd ask before poisoning myself here :)

Thanks

Chinner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Thanks for the responses guys!

I guess my next question would be for those that suggest boiling. What's the procedure? Obviously I know how to boil stuff, but for how long? And to those that suggest multiple boiling, is there a real advantage?

Clearly boiling woukd remove any grossness from the cotton, but afterwards while drying, isn't there a chance for further contamination? Should these be air dried? I read someone mentioned microwaving it but that seems weird as well.

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com
4u5yrame.jpg

So the balls are boiling. Ill do it for half an hour or until I get bored of waiting.

Not sure what ill do next, but a ziplock full of sopping wet balls is in my future I think.

You got some hot balls there! But looks like they are falling apart!

Spread them out on a towel and then fold it over and press. That should get most of the water out. I would let them air dry on a dry towel. They should dry quick.

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com
I am using the cotton I saved from all my medicine bottles. I don't boil it first. Have never noticed a off taste. I don't notice a odor to the cotton either. Most of it I have had for quite awhile.

Silica made my throat scratchy and gave me a cough.

The cotton seems the safer alternative and works well for me.

bris1974

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2013
Wyoming
maybe I'm in the minority here, but I don't boil my balls. pull a strand, twist, thread into coil and vape. Tastes fine. any ill taste won't last long if your unlucky enough to get any funny tastes. as for contamination, I'm not too worried about some juice in a tiny piece of cotton.

I try to make this process as simple as possible.

Chinner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2011
Toronto, Canada
An update on my balls.

It's not looking good. After transferring and straining them, they have joined forces it seems, and have collectively become one giant Uni-Ball.

I rolled it and pressed with towels as directed, and it appears I may have spoiled the batch. What were once some of the finest balls I'd ever had the pleasure of handling, have been reduced to a pile of soggy wet lifeless stringy lumps.

I'm so sorry Balls.. :(

e8egybet.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread