Status
Not open for further replies.

twgbonehead

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2011
MA, USA
That sounds good !

I think I would use honey instead of sugar for myself tho...and no MSG. (makes my hands swell)

Sorry about you and MSG - it really adds a "lip-smackin' goodness" to the mix! But even just the oil helps a lot to deepen the flavors.

As far as the mayo/chicken; I think the main thing is that it sticks to the chicken, and lets the oil cook into the bird.

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
More info on the ginger please Classy :) I love ginger.

peel and slice up fresh ginger however you want

Put into container, cover with vinegar add a shake of sea salt, let set on counter for 2 or 3 or 4 days...

Add honey and cinnamon if you want

Really no recipe...kind of a by the seat of your pants type thing

twgbonehead

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2011
MA, USA
Nice !

I have been pickling a lot of snack type things lately...

Carrots, cucumbers, cauliflower...

My favorite to munch on is the fresh ginger...tho I do add honey and cinnamon after it has sat in the vinegar a few days.

Classy,

Now you've done it! Bringing up pickling on ECF can be a dangerous combo.

Went to pickle a couple cukes from the neighbor's garden last night. Was looking at the jar when a light-bulb went off!

45 minutes in the Ultrasonic Cleaner and my pickles were done! (A bit soft on the texture, though!)

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
ah... did the ultrasonic warm it ?
That will get the vinegar working...but yes, softens things.

I need to strip some more ginger this morning and slice it and get it going.

Easy way to get the skin off ginger...

Bowl of hot water, a spoon...set the ginger in the hot water for a minute or so...then with the spoon scrape off the skin (while under the water)

I want to get a bag of frozen pearl onions and some peppers and get those jarred up too. They are great on salads.

twgbonehead

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2011
MA, USA
ah... did the ultrasonic warm it ?
That will get the vinegar working...but yes, softens things.

I need to strip some more ginger this morning and slice it and get it going.

Easy way to get the skin off ginger...

Bowl of hot water, a spoon...set the ginger in the hot water for a minute or so...then with the spoon scrape off the skin (while under the water)

I want to get a bag of frozen pearl onions and some peppers and get those jarred up too. They are great on salads.

Yes, It did warm them a bit. Not too much. I was wondering how that would work with eggs (which take a LONG time to really pickle). But it might really stiffen them up. Will have to see....

The pearl onions sound good! I might take a stroll down the frozen-veg aisle and see what else looks interesting! Might give the ginger a try. Do you slice it very thin (i.e. with a potato-peeler) like Japanese pickled ginger, or do you use a thicker cut?

sungbd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 18, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Merry Christmas to all PIF people!

merry-christmas-fb-covers.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread