Status
Not open for further replies.

nephilim

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
So-Cal
Yea.. Mine was easy...
I also had a word doc set up and updated it as needed, Who got how many of this & that.
That being said... Im with Shag, gonna hang back and watch. i feel I became a part of a family in PIF, but now it feels like its turning more to a Gestapo regime.

I also agree with you Neo... should be up to the individual to post a co-op if they desire. I wont participate in one from the classifieds, feels to shady atm....

Ill most likely hang out, post a reply to a PIF family members post until i eventually vanish. Might get back into WOW, idk...
Gunjji this gestapo crap will soon pass.I know your co-op was smooth and that is the kind of Co-op's we will allow.

In that case, whomever is running the co-op needs to set a limit from the onset. Again, it's not a dis. I don't intend it that way at all. Know your capabilities and set it up accordingly. And then stick to it. Most of the time getting in over one's head can be avoided by saying I'm sorry but no.
Yes neo a limit or something that is not overwhelming is a good start, Something like gunjji and georgia did was spot on.
I think that running a co-op is a personal thing. If you have the time and organization to do it and want that hassle, I think it should be allowed. I didn't do the carto thing (new - didn't understand cartos) but it seemed pretty organized to me? Personally I've been hoping UntamedRose uses up all of her flavors so she organizes another flavor co-op and I can get in on it.
The team was receiving complaints on the co-ops about not receiving stuff and getting mixed results out of it, we needed time to go through our transition.and sort it out.

With that said Trance or anybody that wants to start a Co-op please PM a mod and we will help you get one started!!

neph

tranced

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2010
Grand Blanc, Michigan

GoodDog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2009
SF East Bay
Just became part of the PIF family, and after reading this I`m bummed. I hopw things get worked out like it sounds like they may. I have plenty of time on my hands, actually way to much, and if there`s anything I can do to be of assistance in the future, count me in.

Don't be bummed zbasspro, it's like any family and we're learning and getting stronger. We grew fast and suffered some growing pains that's all.

Welcome to the family and there will be plenty of opportunities for you to help out. You're on the list. hehe

leannebug

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2010
the deep south
Yea.. Mine was easy...
I also had a word doc set up and updated it as needed, Who got how many of this & that.
That being said... Im with Shag, gonna hang back and watch. i feel I became a part of a family in PIF, but now it feels like its turning more to a Gestapo regime.

I also agree with you Neo... should be up to the individual to post a co-op if they desire. I wont participate in one from the classifieds, feels to shady atm....

Ill most likely hang out, post a reply to a PIF family members post until i eventually vanish. Might get back into WOW, idk...

I have to agree with what a lot of people said on this thread. This highlighted portion seems to be evident all over this group lately.

Now, on the co-ops, the most successful ones appear to be the ones that focused SOLEY on one item only. This makes it easier on the organizer for multiple reasons.
1. easier to take orders
2. easier to sort
3. easier to keep track of shortfalls

This can potentially correct any past problems that the previous co-ops may have had.

My last point I need to make: the co-op that had problems was a HUGE undertaking. Not only was Julie responsible for a large order, but it came with risks, it was complicated, and she did it while recovering from major surgery (AND she's disabled)
I don't know what most of you deal with on a daily basis, but as someone that has physical limitations; something like this is almost impossible to do alone. It takes me DAYS just to get out simple little PIF's and trades. Organizing, sorting, and mailing that many complicated packages, for someone with a disability, is a major undertaking. AND SHE DID IT.
Personally, I think she did an amazing job. I was quite surprised, and I think she was way too hard on herself, and got very little support OR credit for all her hard work.

Think of it this way: it takes me 3 hours to grocery shop. THREE HOURS. How long does it take you?

GoodDog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2009
SF East Bay
  • Deleted by GoodDog

tiburonfirst

They call me 'Tibs"
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
I have to agree with what a lot of people said on this thread. This highlighted portion seems to be evident all over this group lately.

hi leannebug:)
not sure if i can agree with you, the highlighted portion referred to a"gestapo regime" and i encountered something completely different.
as you know, i had thought about a trueman co-op and had gotten jules' preliminary approval.
once this sticky came up i approached neph, explained what i wanted to do and was given the go-ahead PLUS offers of help. so, no i don't see any signs of a dictatorship.
what we have to realize is that our mod squad did not start under the best of circumstances, everything was in turmoil and then people tend to be overly cautious to make sure there are no further setbacks.
personnally, and as much as i miss jules and all the great work she did, i'm grateful that there were people willing to step up and keep this group going, and that includes blaze also.
no matter how you look at it, it takes plenty of time and effort to be a mod, and there is probably no way to always keep everybody happy.
but pif is up and running and hopefully it can stay that way.:toast:

LedGecko

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2009
Tampa Bay, FL
Have the mods made a decision on co-op's? I came across this thread while looking for the right place to propose one, although it wasn't for anything as complicated as ordering from China. I thought it would be a good idea to "share" an order of various juices from a certain supplier, dividing them into sample-sized portions between about 10 people (since the supplier doesn't offer samples).

tiburonfirst

They call me 'Tibs"
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
Have the mods made a decision on co-op's? I came across this thread while looking for the right place to propose one, although it wasn't for anything as complicated as ordering from China. I thought it would be a good idea to "share" an order of various juices from a certain supplier, dividing them into sample-sized portions between about 10 people (since the supplier doesn't offer samples).

i believe the consensus was to evaluate each proposed co-op on its own merits.
your next step would be to approach one of our mods, and if given the green light, check with our members for interest in participation.:)

leannebug

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2010
the deep south
Geck: I think there would probably be a lot of interest. Personally, I"m on the fence, but I'd sure love to know the outcome :) Keep us updated please!

Tib: true, true. But I wasn't speaking of just the co-ops, more the whole group in general. I have heard and seen several things that did not sit comfortably with what this group means (to me anyway). Some of that is evident (as noted by other people) and some of it is behind the scenes. :shrugs:
It's really neither here nor there anymore, I just didn't like apples being compared to oranges (in this thread) without 'due representation'. (that would be a fault of mine, and one I've passed down to my children too!... I am quite passionate when it comes to inequities of the underdogs :glare:)

LedGecko

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2009
Tampa Bay, FL
Thanks for the answers. *IF* I were to do a co-op like that, is the PIF forum the proper place to post it?

I think in this case I'm just going to buy the liquids myself, and offer sample sizes (at cost + ship) in the Classifieds. The remaining 9 sets of samples would be in 1 post. Would that be acceptable? I don't think I really need to "organize" anything in advance since I'm not taking orders for different items.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread