Status
Not open for further replies.

T-Mac

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 7, 2012
S. Carolina, USA
Thinking of getting one of these but not sure how it works with the 4 stages. Are the 4 different stages automatic or selectable? Also noticed in pictures of these that it has a button on either side. Are these switches that depress when the lid is closed? Thanks

Charging process
Stage 1 – Automatic analyzing battery status
Stage 2 – Quick charge
Stage 3 – Slow charge
Stage 4 – Standby mode, trickle charge

Last edited:

X P3 Flight Engineer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Moncton, N.B. Canada
Thinking of getting one of these but not sure how it works with the 4 stages. Are the 4 different stages automatic or selectable? Also noticed in pictures of these that it has a button on either side. Are these switches that depress when the lid is closed? Thanks

Charging process
Stage 1 – Automatic analyzing battery status
Stage 2 – Quick charge
Stage 3 – Slow charge
Stage 4 – Standby mode, trickle charge

Thank You for posting this! Obviously Stage 1 determines the appropriate charge. (I didn't know how they worked either.)

I am interested as well. What is the best price for them in Canada or U.S.?

Enjoy!

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
A good alternative for 3.7V batteries, at less than half the price, is the XTAR WP2 II, it gets very good reviews in the light forums. There's a switch on the front of it -- use position 1 for smaller batteries, 2 for larger (1 = 500 mA max charge current, 2 = 1000 mA max). Pick up a spare pair of spacers, about $1, if you need to charge shorter batteries (like 16340).

pianoguy

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2009
Apple Valley, MN
The lid doesn't have anything to do with the buttons - the lid can be left open or closed. The button can be used to force a top-off of a battery that is not quite fully charged, but is still in spec. My Pila charger has been working great for the past 18 months - I'm very happy with it.

cmantis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2012
Here
There is also a six battery version of this charger. I have the one mentioned below and it comes with 2 spacers but to charge the shorter batteries I purchased an additional pair which was $1.

A good alternative for 3.7V batteries, at less than half the price, is the XTAR WP2 II, it gets very good reviews in the light forums. There's a switch on the front of it -- use position 1 for smaller batteries, 2 for larger (1 = 500 mA max charge current, 2 = 1000 mA max). Pick up a spare pair of spacers, about $1, if you need to charge shorter batteries (like 16340).

Orsm

Verified Member
Apr 29, 2012
Germany
I have the Xtar 2 and it used to take 7-8 hours to charge my AW IMR 18650 batteries in my old Trustfire-001 now takes approximately 2 hours on the 1000mah (1 amp) setting. Excellent charger!

The Xtar chargers are really nice, I don't think you can get a better charger for that kind of money. But I only use the 1000 mah mode if I need a new batt fast, the 500 mah should be better for your batteries lifespan.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Got one today and seen it said to only use Pila batteries or it can cause damage? Also is it safe to use 3100mah batteries on this thing?

I have one on the way from Altsmoke. I got it because of the multiple stage charging, quicker charging times, and its reputation. I am hoping it will be a wise investment over time.

What brand batteries are you using in your charger? I just got a couple Ultrafire from Altsmoke with my Silver Bullet.

Ratchet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Got one today and seen it said to only use Pila batteries or it can cause damage? Also is it safe to use 3100mah batteries on this thing?

Thanks

Don't know about the 3100's but I don't see why not. Sure, they want you to buy Pila batteries with it just like with a lot of other products that are only "safe" if you use THEIR usually higher priced stuff..... I'm using regular AW batteries, works just fine. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread