Status
Not open for further replies.

chefjosh

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2010
Florida
I've got a couple of tobacco juice reviews for ya tonight. Enjoy!

[h=3]
perfect.jpg
Pink Spot Swagger, US, 30/70 PG/VG[/h]
posted to VaporRater.com 05.12.2012
I try not to get too carried away, keeping these reviews as professional as possible so you can gain the information that you're looking for before you spend your hard earned cash, but DEAR GOD, THIS IS FREAKING AMAZING juice. It is not even close to a straight tobacco flavor, so if that's your thing, you may want to look elsewhere. This is an extraordinarily complex blend of sweet, nutty, smooth tobacco flavors. It's very hard to pick out exactly what I'm tasting as the flavors are so balanced they practically tangle themselves together. While I can easily pick out some hazelnut and a blend of tobaccos, most notably a smooth, sweet pipe tobacco, the rest remains a bit of a mystery despite countless attempts to decrypt this juice. In this case, it may be best to simply enjoy and not over-analyze. The amazingly complex flavor, a powerful throat hit, and excellent vapor production easily make this my favorite tobacco juice to date.

Accuracy of Flavor - 5/5
Flavor Density - 5/5
Throat hit – 5/5
Vapor Production – 5/5

[h=3]
medium.jpg
Vape Dudes Tobaccolicious, US, 50/50 PG/VG[/h]
posted to VaporRater.com 04.20.2012
This one was described by the Vape Dudes as candy/tobacco juice, and the image they use on the website is a tobacco leaf surrounded by fruit candies and lollipops. After giving this one some time to steep, my immediate impressions upon opening the bottle were somewhat favorable...it had a sweet, maple syrupy smell to it rather than the fruitiness I had been expecting, but overall it had nice balanced aroma to it. Vaped, the tobacco flavor comes off very strong and a little dry, not leaving very much room for the candy flavor to really shine. It does have a hint of spice and a fair amount of maple caramel flavor, but the bold tobacco is really the driving flavor here and I really didn't pick up much fruitiness at all. While the throat hit is generous and accompanied by copious vapor production I can't say I really enjoyed this one.

Accuracy of Flavor - 2/5
Flavor Density - 2/5
Throat hit – 4/5
Vapor Production – 5/5

These 2 and 48 other reviews on VaporRater.com

chefjosh

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2010
Florida
Thanks Scarf-ace! I'm not normally a Tobacco lover, but that Swagger just blew me away. I'm gonna have to bust that bottle out later today and see if I can pick up on the sour notes you're talking about. I haven't had anything else quite like it...some close, but nothing quite that good. Anything else you've across that you really like?

scarf-ace

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I'm also very picky about tobaccos. One that I have recently found that is really unusual is Mountain Oak Vapors' Just Peachy. It is their mild tobacco blend with peach added. Fruity tobaccos are dicey but this one nails it...somehow the peach just works. The tobacco is a deep but smooth variety with a funky, savoury undertone that I cannot quite place. They also make similar blends with blueberry and apple..

If you order from Pink Spot again, be certain to try their RY8 (like Swagger but lighter and less sweet) and Outlaw (a 555 nutty blend).

chefjosh

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2010
Florida
Yeah, MOV is on my list of vendors for my next round of orders, but I've received a lot of submissions lately so I'm not sure when I'll work my way thru the mountain of juice awaiting reviews. But when I do, I'll be sure to get some of that Just Peachy. I love a good peach...as evidenced by my iVape Peach review, and Peach should blend very nicely with a high quality tobacco.

Thanks for the PS recommendations too. It's always good to hear suggestions from folks who have similar tastes as I do. I really like most of what I've had from PS, with the exception of just a couple of their flavors. Generally speaking, they do very good work and provide excellent customer service to boot.

Uma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2010
Calif
Dang, I need to try this one!!
I've loved every single flavor I've tried so far in my regular attys and cartos. Then last week I died and went to heaven while vaping their G-spot in my DID ssMeshWick atty. I have got to try this new to me one that you just reviewed.

Fantastic Review! What atty did you use with this ejuice? Have you tried this juice with a SS Mesh wick atty? (it's hard for the SS users to find a great tobacco flavor). I bet this one will taste great in my DID.

scarf-ace

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I've loved every single flavor I've tried so far in my regular attys and cartos. Then last week I died and went to heaven while vaping their G-spot in my DID ssMeshWick atty. I have got to try this new to me one that you just reviewed.

Fantastic Review! What atty did you use with this ejuice? Have you tried this juice with a SS Mesh wick atty? (it's hard for the SS users to find a great tobacco flavor). I bet this one will taste great in my DID.

Uma, I don't even know what a mesh wick atty is LOL :confused: but I will tell you that I have used Swagger in DCCs, DCC tanks, Bloog cartomizers, GOGO cartomizers, and my Boge Revolution feeder mod. First-rate in all of them.

Many vapers whose opinions I trust adore Lemon Drop, but to me it smells exactly like the stuff I use to clean my bathroom:(

chefjosh

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2010
Florida

Thanks for the kind words, Uma!

I haven't had the g-spot yet, but it's on my list for next time I order from PS.

I'm just getting into the rebuildables with a Phoenix I have ordered but haven't received yet, and to be honest, I'm more than a little bit intimidated by the idea of building my own coils. I'm sure I'll get the hang of it, but it's gonna be a tough learning curve, I'm afraid. I'll prob start with silica before I even try a SS wick.

By the time rebuildables became affordable enough for me, I had already blown almost 9 months worth of my vaping budget on juice and the cost of building the review website itself.

My review set-up has evolved a bit over time and are now performed on a Provari with a hybrid dripping atty, usually of the SmartVapes variety, but not always. I'll switch out to a more standard 3hole dripper if things don't taste right to make sure I give the juice a fighting chance.

Thanks again, and if you've got some more juice you think I should really get my hands on, don't hesitate to let me know. When this thread makes it way to the back of the list, you can always click on the link on the sidebar of my website labeled "all other inquiries" and drop me an email...I love the feedback, it can only make the site better for everyone in the long run.

Uma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2010
Calif
Uma, I don't even know what a mesh wick atty is LOL :confused: but I will tell you that I have used Swagger in DCCs, DCC tanks, Bloog cartomizers, GOGO cartomizers, and my Boge Revolution feeder mod. First-rate in all of them.

Many vapers whose opinions I trust adore Lemon Drop, but to me it smells exactly like the stuff I use to clean my bathroom:(
You have quite a variety of cartomizers under your belt!
The G-spot is great on my Reo Grand with a Cisco 306, pleasant in a Boge Carto, and Righteous in my DID.
I hope the Swagger will hit the same as the G-spot. (tobacco is tricky, like I said). If the Swagger is righteous in the DID (or Zenesis or any SS mesh atty), they won't be able to keep it in stock!!

(Rebuildable Atty's often use the Stainless Steel Mesh Wick's, such as the DID, Zenesis and many others. The SS Mesh Wick's provide full unencumbered flavor as they wick up the juice directly from the tank. There is zero "material" to filter the flavor. They have a learning curve, but are well worth the effort.)

Uma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2010
Calif
Thanks for the kind words, Uma!

I haven't had the g-spot yet, but it's on my list for next time I order from PS.

I'm just getting into the rebuildables with a Phoenix I have ordered but haven't received yet, and to be honest, I'm more than a little bit intimidated by the idea of building my own coils. I'm sure I'll get the hang of it, but it's gonna be a tough learning curve, I'm afraid. I'll prob start with silica before I even try a SS wick.

By the time rebuildables became affordable enough for me, I had already blown almost 9 months worth of my vaping budget on juice and the cost of building the review website itself.

My review set-up has evolved a bit over time and are now performed on a Provari with a hybrid dripping atty, usually of the SmartVapes variety, but not always. I'll switch out to a more standard 3hole dripper if things don't taste right to make sure I give the juice a fighting chance.

Thanks again, and if you've got some more juice you think I should really get my hands on, don't hesitate to let me know. When this thread makes it way to the back of the list, you can always click on the link on the sidebar of my website labeled "all other inquiries" and drop me an email...I love the feedback, it can only make the site better for everyone in the long run.
Congrats on purchasing your first RBA! I'm not familiar with the Phoenix, but I'm sure it's a nice one. I've just started into RBA's myself, and only have the DID and the Zenesis so far, but I am sold! They are similar to Direct Dripping (like you've been doing!), except the SS mesh wicks it directly from your tank for you. I love my DID for the outstanding flavor, easy wicking and the nice plentiful vapor. (customer service rocks too!). hmmm, kind of hard to not come off like a salesman when I'm all excited about a product lol. My apologies for rambling on. I'll check out the Phoenix as soon as I can. I'm looking forward to your reviews with it! In the meantime, I'll be purchasing this Swagger for my DID, Reo Grand and even a few Boges and perhaps for my SI-Volt cartos. This flavor sounds like a huge winner and I already love all the PSV juices I've tried to date in various attys or cartos.

off to get another cuppa coffee. Good morning! :)

chefjosh

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2010
Florida
The Phoenix is just a relatively cheap rebuildable. Made in China...looks similar to a Bulli. They just became available in the US thru vapor......com for about $40 ea. Crazy affordable for a rebuildable. First set of reviews have been rolling in all week and have, for the most part, been very positive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread