Status
Not open for further replies.

LordDavon

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2010
Florida
www.discountvapers.com
They should show up today. This will no doubt be the longest work day ever. Thanks I can't wait to try them :)

The stone tip may be alabaster, it is softer than agate for sure. I tried drilling some agate and it laughed at the drill bit I used last time. My carbide tools scratch it so I may be able to slowly turn it. Thinking I need to get some diamond tools.

So, you playing with your new toys?

whokrz

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2012
ca
9cfbe1e55f7562f118441fcc80e18998.jpg

Thank you so much David :D

So far my favorite is the Balrog. The temp control keeps up better than my Istick with a titanium coil. It is also really small which I love. For looks the target is awesome, it reminds me of the old robotech cartoon I used to watch when I was a kid. It hits almost as well as the Balrog in power mode even with the ti coil. I need to get some nickel wire to try the temp control. The A8 is a bit large for my pockets and vapes great. It has already found its new home by my TV. The hero, green vaper, vmw and Islim also work really well.

It took me a good 15min trying to figure out how to put the batterys in the A8, green vaper, vmw and the Islim. After a lot of head scratching and a little help from google I discovered the batteries are already in there and don't come out.

Now I need to buy a couple of batteries, get a few more tanks, make different flavor liquid for all the tanks, learn all the functions on each device and turn tips for them all. Its funny I make tips and there is a stainless tip in the picture because I don't have enough. I am definitely starting to understand how collecting everything can be so addictive.

Thanks again for everything, they are all awesome :D

LordDavon

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2010
Florida
www.discountvapers.com
Thanks again for everything, they are all awesome :D

Is the iStick on the far left the device you were using before? It fits in with all the new ones. :cool:

I have an A8 also. I think mine is flashed to the 120W firmware; there is a file for 80W, 120W and 150W. I love the button on it, but I don't like the centered 510 connection. Yours was living in its box, dreaming of the day that someone would rip off the shrink-wrap and bring it to life. :w00t:

The OlaX Hero is the sample the company sent me. I love how solid they are. It has a fit and finish that you usually don't find coming out of China. Being gold though, it is a little hard to match up. That's why it is perfect for you. You'll have a matching tip for it quickly. :drool:

The Target is a great device, and one of my favorites. I put it on the meter and the output was pretty steady. I just never use it anymore. I have a lot of other device, so it was just sleeping in a drawer. I wanted it to go to someone who would appreciate it for its, ummm... differences. :thumbs:

The Balrog I just got. It came in a kit with a tank that I wanted to test, and it was only a few dollars more for the device with the tank. The tank was good; just not great. I really liked the device though. Didn't see myself using it though, so I thought you might really like it.

The other 3 are nice devices also. The iSlim is a cool little 50W TC device. I used it off and on, but have other devices like it. The GreenVapor I never really played with, but it was a small device, so I thought you may use it, or find it a good home. The VMW is neat. I figured it would be a good device if you get into rebuildables. I think the manual is in the box for that one.

I was glad they were all going to a good home, and I cleared up a bunch of room where they were stored. I've received a few new samples this week though, so much of that room was only temporarily cleared. :shock: lol...

Go play with your new toys, and I will talk with you soon.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Wow, whokrz, what a great collection, and LD how incredibly wonderful of you to get these out to whokrz

Its funny I make tips and there is a stainless tip in the picture because I don't have enough. I am definitely starting to understand how collecting everything can be so addictive.

THAT is funny!!!! :D

LordDavon

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2010
Florida
www.discountvapers.com
What a very generous thing for LD to do. Thanks @LordDavon . :)

...LD how incredibly wonderful of you to get these out to whokrz
Lewis and I have been friends for a few years. Has has also been sending me (and many others) "test" and free tips for a while. I had no idea that he lacked a collection of devices. It was the least I could do.

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
Lewis and I have been friends for a few years. Has has also been sending me (and many others) "test" and free tips for a while. I had no idea that he lacked a collection of devices. It was the least I could do.

I've known Lewis for years also and have been lucky to be a tester of some of his tips and I had no idea he didn't have much in the way of mods or I would have sent a couple. God knows I have a few. :facepalm: Now that I think about it he has only talked about his beat up Provari. :blush: Well, he's set know thanks to you. :thumbs:

whokrz

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2012
ca
9362632fd89f375b18d2235fc0cf1481.jpg

af696595faf107cfb7c1db1310d51574.jpg

I used a Provari with a Did for a long time. I was happy with how it preformed, its durability and its easy to rebuild. I also had a lava tube and a Xl3, but they both suffered one to many trips to the ground. The tip is the first one I made with a stainless core. It has been used the most because like the Provari and Did I never managed to break it.

Terry got me started with sub ohm and spent a lot of time helping me through the learning curve. I am really glad she did because these are a huge improvement over what I was using before. I have found that when they are working well the vapor is smoother and has better flavor. I also like that I can take a small drag and it still works great. Some times I make clouds, but most of the time I just take a normal hit. Now LD has hooked me up and I am super spoiled, can't thank you enough :D

Here is what I use the most now next to my old one. It is much nicer and smaller.
d9b6463ee0b79e3968bd73874d5a5d70.jpg

My coworker now has one of the devices and a subtank. He was also using a old device and so far likes it a lot. Monday I am going to hand one to my supervisor who has been trying to stop smoking for over a year. Hopefully it will work for him like it did for me and many others.

whokrz

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2012
ca
Yesterday I ordered some diamond tools so I can try drilling and turning harder stone. I don't know if it will work for sure, but after turning that tip in alabaster or what ever it was I am hooked and want to see how far I can take it. I also really want a tip made in this petrified wood.
c774f54bfc011bf2e07c42e076c026c0.jpg

whokrz

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2012
ca
I am not sure if they will or not, I didn't try LD's tip. When I turned it on the lathe it would get warm but cooled off really fast. I was worried if I got it to hot while cutting the stone would crack. To the touch the stone is colder than the acrylic. I am also curious if the liquid will stain the stone and require a finish of some sort. I still have much to learn about lapidary.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I am not sure if they will or not, I didn't try LD's tip. When I turned it on the lathe it would get warm but cooled off really fast. I was worried if I got it to hot while cutting the stone would crack. To the touch the stone is colder than the acrylic. I am also curious if the liquid will stain the stone and require a finish of some sort. I still have much to learn about lapidary.

Stone tips, huh?

I'll just be hanging out, over here. I didn't have anything big planned anyways.

Premature "WOOT!"

I understand that it might not happen, yes. The popcorn is on me, folks..

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Yesterday I ordered some diamond tools so I can try drilling and turning harder stone. I don't know if it will work for sure, but after turning that tip in alabaster or what ever it was I am hooked and want to see how far I can take it. I also really want a tip made in this petrified wood.
c774f54bfc011bf2e07c42e076c026c0.jpg

That piece is scrumptious, Lewis. I can wait to see what you do with it! (should it not melt.....) (which of course it won't!) (it's Earth Day and all.) ;)

LordDavon

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2010
Florida
www.discountvapers.com
Terry got me started with sub ohm and spent a lot of time helping me through the learning curve. I am really glad she did because these are a huge improvement over what I was using before. I have found that when they are working well the vapor is smoother and has better flavor. I also like that I can take a small drag and it still works great. Some times I make clouds, but most of the time I just take a normal hit. Now LD has hooked me up and I am super spoiled, can't thank you enough :D
You're welcome, my friend. If I knew you needed some rebuildables, I could have sent a bunch. I've got just as big a supply of those. lol... Next shipment, I'll do an RBA, Subohm tank batch. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread