Pinnacle Drip Tips

Status
Not open for further replies.

whokrz

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2012
ca
Pinnacle is the name for cnc products I make. This is to separate what is turned by hand and what is turned by cnc.

After months of work and lots of programming it will now make 1.5" comfort tips. Here is one of the first tips it made :)
This tip requires 7 tool changes and takes about 40 minutes to make.
IMG_5143.jpg

The program is written in VB which took longer to write, but this automates much of the program and will allow me to add new styles into the same program with much less time than g-code.

I went cnc to reduce the cost of these tips and to bring two of my hobbies together (turning and programming).
These prices may go up a little depending on how fast the cutting tools wear. I hope everything will go as planned and these will be the final prices.
$13.52 - Acrylic drip tips
$15.60 - Tru-stone drip tips
$24.96 - M3 tips drip tips

I still have a little bit more work on the programming. After that is finished I will run a batch, then make a new style.

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011

charmschool

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 24, 2013
North Georgia
Looks like you have a copy cat Lewis. It's bound to happen I guess because your work is so beautiful. I wonder if he'll be able to sell it before ebay discovers it and deletes the ad. TOS.

Check out his other auctions too. He's got a pink one posted for $529. For an Evic. :shock:

I think ebay has relaxed their rules a bit. I'm seeing plenty of hardware auctions lately. I think maybe juice is the only thing they don't allow....Lewis, any chance you've trademarked or applied for patents?

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
Check out his other auctions too. He's got a pink one posted for $529. For an Evic. :shock:

I think ebay has relaxed their rules a bit. I'm seeing plenty of hardware auctions lately. I think maybe juice is the only thing they don't allow....Lewis, any chance you've trademarked or applied for patents?

If ebay has relaxed their rules about ecigs then I wonder how a winner can pay for the auction since PP won't permit it. :confused: What's even more confusing is ebay and PP are owned by the same company (PP I think).

whokrz

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2012
ca
Are we there yet? :lol:
I have started production on 1.5" comfort tips. A few issues have come up along they way. They are not major, but cost me time to correct instead of making tips. It made 22 comfort tips, then I got distracted making the 1.25" stainless core/comfort tip. The 1.25" core is complete and the 1.25" comfort tip is 80% complete.

I still need to finish up the programming for the 1.25 comfort, produce 1.25 comfort tips, purchase bubble bags, take picture and set up all of the web pages so they can be purchased. After that is finished there should be a few for sale. Then I will make the 1.0" core/comfort tip and run another batch. Once all of the core sizes are complete I will make the ming, vase, genie and reo styles

With the current tool wear the price will increase about another $0.40 and should be the final price.

Looks like you have a copy cat Lewis. It's bound to happen I guess because your work is so beautiful. I wonder if he'll be able to sell it before ebay discovers it and deletes the ad. TOS.

It is cool to see someone else making them :)
Back in December 2012 on nu-vapor I posted "I also would like to start a thread about ecigs and lathes for tech purposes. I think it would be great to have a place to talk shop as people begin to turn ecig mods. Hopefully the new tech thread will get more interest from turners and help them with their hobby."
I have yet to make detailed instructions or start the thread on how to make them, but it is still on my long to do list.

:shock: $529, maybe he accidentally posted the wrong price. If he sells them for that he will be the second turner I know of to make decent money turning ecig products. The first is Bull Box Mods using the version 3 LG drip tip design.

I don't get any trademarks or patents as I turn for a hobby and make $10-$15per hour. This is the average rate that turners make selling products like pepper mills, pens, razors, etc. When I started to turn ecig mods instead of raising the price just because they were popular and had a limited supply, I kept the same rate so more people would be able to afford them.

It is really to bad that paypal, ebay and other companies have tried to stop the sale of ecig products. In the end we can still purchase ecig products, but vendors are forced to use more expensive means of payment which raises our prices. I guess I will never understand politics.

whokrz

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2012
ca
A update on the progress.
I finished up the programming for the 1.5", 1.25" and 1" comfort tips. 1000 bubble bags showed up today. I still need to get labels, take pictures and create the web pages.

This evening the lathe made six 1" comfort tips and I didn't have to edit any programming. It was great to see it just do its job so I could do mine. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread