Not open for further replies.

them0nk

ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2009
San Bernardino, CA
i got my pipette off of ebay the guy who sold it to me is in CA
eBay My World - changbio
there is the link to the seller

thank you for the link... i think i wanted to get the glass kind with the wheel pump... i found a decent set on ebay too... 60 for the 6 sizes of pipettes, and 3 different size pumps... up to 25ml...

i think i'd rather order a few 2ml pipettes and one pump for less

Archer74

ECF Veteran
Sep 26, 2009
Illinois
i got my pipette off of ebay the guy who sold it to me is in CA
eBay My World - changbio
there is the link to the seller

This is a great deal! Thanks for sharing! I've been searching high and low for a cheap one and only managed to find a $129 pipette on sale

Variable volume pipette pipettor pipetter P1000 New - eBay (item 330336000402 end time Nov-03-09 18:30:42 PST)

Found a set of 3 wheel pumps for $38.75

http://cgi.ebay.com/PIPET-PUMP-SET_...emQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item4ce90739f0

Last edited:

them0nk

ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2009
San Bernardino, CA
just placed my order for mine... got the 25ml pump & pipette + 10ml pipette, and 4 2ml pipettes & pump, and glass stirring rods off onlinesciencemall.com - hoping the 10ml will fit on the 25ml pump (probably wont but i can order that pump later if not)... only got the big one for when i am cutting bigger quantities of juice down.

degnr8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2009
Aberdeen,WA,U.S.A
I'm so glad you started this thread. I've been seriously balking at the whole idea of drops as a measurement & was wondering where I could get something that would measure .1 or .01 ml. Had been thinking I needed a syringe because I thought pipettes only had bulbs which are nearly impossible to gt a decent measurement with. I'll be ordering some very shortly :D

Archer74

ECF Veteran
Sep 26, 2009
Illinois
I'm so glad you started this thread. I've been seriously balking at the whole idea of drops as a measurement & was wondering where I could get something that would measure .1 or .01 ml. Had been thinking I needed a syringe because I thought pipettes only had bulbs which are nearly impossible to gt a decent measurement with. I'll be ordering some very shortly :D

I had the same plan but thank goodness i waited for my DIY kit from diyflavorshack AND had micro pipette tips laying around

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/diy-e-liquid/46167-less-waste-diy.html

Scottes

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2009
Boston, MA
scottesrum.com
I finally used the wheel pump pipettor and pipettes that I got from Pellet Labs.

Man they're a bit of a pain in the .... just because they're so dang long. The pipettes are 13" long - about 5" of empty, seemingly-useless tube. What's up with this? Inserted into a wheel pump the whole contraption is 19" long.

Other then the length, they're great to use. They're fairly quick to use and insanely accurate.

Can one get shorter pipettes? Could I just cut off 5"? (My wife does stained glass so she had a glass-cutting bandsaw and a grinder to smooth the cut.)

What about shorter pumps of some sort?

them0nk

ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2009
San Bernardino, CA
I finally used the wheel pump pipettor and pipettes that I got from Pellet Labs.

Man they're a bit of a pain in the .... just because they're so dang long. The pipettes are 13" long - about 5" of empty, seemingly-useless tube. What's up with this? Inserted into a wheel pump the whole contraption is 19" long.

Other then the length, they're great to use. They're fairly quick to use and insanely accurate.

Can one get shorter pipettes? Could I just cut off 5"? (My wife does stained glass so she had a glass-cutting bandsaw and a grinder to smooth the cut.)

What about shorter pumps of some sort?

I wish that were the case... i think these are great to use... but actually somewhat of a pain to clean. when i get the chance i think i'm going to go after the .2ml-2ml pipettor with disposable tips. i've yet to make something with less than .2ml measurement on an ingredient.

the size Shocked me when i got them actually i was thinking they were much smaller as well. they do have the other style pump though... i don't think they would be as easy to use as the wheel.

the pipettor was mentioned earlier by the original poster of the thread if i recall correctly.

the 25ml pipette is just a GIANT though. i will be keeping the ones i have around though for larger measurements when i get the pipettor though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread