Plaque build up from E-cig?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Storemyace

ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2014
Canada
Interesting. My teeth/gums have improved greatly since stopping smoking tobacco, but I have always wondered about vg and periodontal disease.

When did you quit? Apparently after quitting cigarettes your gums are suppose to swell up, and you may receive sensitive teeth from anywhere as days to weeks.

Storemyace

ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2014
Canada
My apologies, I see now what you meant in the original post. I took that as you wanting studies to know if you needed to brush your teeth more often or not, I don't what my brain was thinking. I will say from other threads I've read, people who vape a higher percentage of VG say they'll get a slight film in their mouth from it. What's your PG/VG ratio?

Sent from my GS3

No worries. I'm using Brown Bunny E-liquid 18mg/18ml with 80% PG, and 20% VG. I will admit, I have been chain vaping, vaped 18ml in almost two days.

e-pipeman

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2008
Brown Edge, England
When did you quit? Apparently after quitting cigarettes your gums are suppose to swell up, and you may receive sensitive teeth from anywhere as days to weeks.

Well, I stopped smoking back in 2008 when I started vaping. My teeth and gums are much better since then (though far from perfect). I can walk three times as quickly, though - which is nice. :)

Storemyace

ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2014
Canada
Well, I stopped smoking back in 2008 when I started vaping. My teeth and gums are much better since then (though far from perfect). I can walk three times as quickly, though - which is nice. :)

Thanks for the reply, this community is literally the best. All of the motivation is highly encouraging! I couldn't thank everyone enough. Just when I thought I'd never quit, e-cigs saved my life, along with the help of the friendly people on this community! Brothers & Sisters, always.

Deeo

ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
Ontario, Canada
It would nice to see a study about this. If certain e-liquids do cause plaque build up or some kind of residue to build up on the teeth we would be informed to brush just that extra once or twice a day. I hate the feeling of plaque on my teeth lol.

I assume you smoked before? That tar would be on your teeth for sure. I am hoping that my next cleaning doesn't hurt this time around.

figment_oyi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2011
Tx
I know this going to sound weird, but I've been receiving plaque building up from vaping on my e-cig... I haven't eaten anything at all and brushed my teeth today about an hour ago... Can e-cig build plaque on teeth, or am I just being a weird paranoid freak lol?

I have had to take meds in the past that would make you mouth dry much like vaping does and my teeth would get this feeling.. make sure to stay hydrated.. and if you notice you mouth feeling dry beyond that you might try some Biotene mouthwash and gum..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread