PLEASE add your comment to this article!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orb Skewer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2011
Terra firma
Absolutely perfect !

Maxim Alter (the author) probably sat back after spending a whole 27 minutes researching (google/media hub) and a further 8 minutes writing this up-with a smug look, and awaited all the furore, instead 2 very well written (pro links included) rebuttals which have annihilated her piece in a very mature, thoughtfull and calm way is what she, and her seniors and readership will see.

You both had better just hope that your 'precision bombing' comments aren't now buried under 300 ish "I'm sick of this government...." type posts.

I doff my hat to you both :)

ckquatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Milledgeville, GA
I wish I was on FB so I could reply to the article. What a bunch of hogwash! The linked article in the comments for the best electronic cigarette blog was amazing though! In regards to everyone always saying "there's no evidence that ecigs even work..." or what have you. Why can't someone make a website for nothing but e-cig testimonials god or bad. That way someone could link a site to discussions instead of asking people to sift through forums or comments. It may not be scientific, but it would be SOMETHING we can use.

Maybe a form thing to fill out. Name (if you want) age, location, cig use, quit date, and a section for quitting story. I think that would be a huge step!

Sent from somebodys phone I found using Tapatalk.

AgentAnia

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2013
Orbiting Sirius B
@WorksforMe, comments are visible, so I think your problem is your firewall.

@Spazmelda, excellent! Thanks! (filing your comment under "wish I'd said that"...) And thanks to everyone who tried.

Maxim Alter is apparently syndicated, as I found this same article posted to several more websites this morning.

I emailed him as well, as follows:

Dear Mr. Alter,

I posted a comment to your article (E-cigarettes take another hit: Poison control centers see spike in e-cig calls) on the WPTV West Palm Beach website and will not repeat it here.

This is simply to advise you that the article is factually unsound, seriously biased; and probably as a result many readers in West Palm Beach who might be considering switching from smoking cigarettes to the much less harmful e-cigarettes, will not do so.

This is diametrically opposed to your stated objective: "If I do this job right, I'm providing the community with something useful that can help make a difference and bring on positive change..." Discouraging the use of e-cigarettes is not useful and will prevent a positive change to public health status.

If you have an anti-ecig agenda, you need read no further. If, on the other hand, you have simply found, or been given, only the biased and inaccurate data you include in your article and are open to being more objective, I urge you to investigate the "other side" of the coin. Here are some links to get you started:

CASAA - The Consumer Advocates for Smoke-free Alternatives Association
Home
http://tobaccoanalysis.blogspot.com/
Anti-THR Lies and related topics | because cultivating the truth requires both seeding and weeding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread