Please allow me to introduce myself!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HalpinFrayser

Nov 7, 2017
Hello! My name's Angel and I live in Athens, Greece.

My first contact with vaping was 4 years ago. My first device was an ego type pen and 18mg/10ml(!!!) nic liquids after the salesman advice, since I was a medium to heavy smoker for 20 years. Anyways, to cut a long story short, at some point I quitted, after a while I gave ego another try, got dissappointed again.

Last December I decided to move to the next level after trying a friend's box mod. I got a Smok Knight kit and 10mg juice and was totally blown out by the difference! After a few months I replaced the Helmet Tank with a Big Baby Beast for its RBA but that was a failure so I stayed with the factory coils. By summer the Koopor Mini2 of the kit had shown its problems. Loose 510 connector and wrong resistance readings. Its demise came when I accidentally dropped it into a river while I was on vacation.
Its replacement was an iStick Pico 75 with the Melo 3 mini. Pretty decent for its money and the right size to have with me when I'm at work. Meanwhile I decided to revive the mini2. I opened it, cleaned the corrosion and it was once again alive! A few drops of cyanoacrylate glue on the 510 connector and it was good to go! Oh yeah, the wrong readings where still there.
And that brings us to today! A couple of days ago I dropped the mini2 on the floor and doesn't read any atomizer anymore. Probably I can fix it again, but to tell the truth I've been wanting to get a dual battery since I got the Big Baby Beast, so I can fire up those sick T6 and T8. After a few days of researching I concluded that the best pick for me was the Voopoo Drag, which I bought yesterday, and since my birthday is near I decided to pair it with a Serpent SMM.
Oh, and at the moment I'm vaping 0mg!

Sorry for the long get-to-know-me post and thank you if you took the time to read it!
Cheers!

Brad P

Verified Member
Jan 27, 2014
S.F. bay area, Californa
Hello Halpin, and welcome to ECF!
The SMM is the first RTA I have bought in probably the last few years, I have been really happy with it! Sounds like you made a good choice. Hope you enjoy it as much as I have. Good luck, best of wishes, and welcome back to vaping.

Brad P

Verified Member
Jan 27, 2014
S.F. bay area, Californa
I haven't really had leakage problems. If you mop up the excess juice, does it stop? If so, that may be due to extra pressure building up in the tank when you tighten down the top. If that is the case, it should straighten up and fly right after dribbiling a drop or two. I use rayon wick material, run it fairly tight througt the coil, and usually thin out the tails a little. I trim the tails so that they go through the holes, but don't quite touch the bottom of the juice well. I think I have had better preformance when the holes were not packed too tightly. That is why I thin out the tails before I tuck them into the holes. There are several videos on Youtube that might be useful.
I hope this helps! Good luck. :thumb:

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Just tried it without refilling, when I screw the top cap on, it pushes the liquid about 2mm down, enough to fill the airflow holes. I also use rayon, tight on the coil and fluffy on the holes but fairly long touching the bottom.
What size is your coil, wraps and diameter?

Carl2

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2016
I've got the Voopoo Drag with the Smok Big Baby Beast tank on it, nice combination. On the leaking tank just start a few threads, turn the tank upside down then continue threading on the top. Air pressure is forcing the liquid out and this stops that. On the Big Baby Beast a small amount of cotton in the coils and more cotton used in the liquid inlet.

Carl2

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2016
Hold on to it since its a very good tank, FastTech sells replacement screws
FastTech - Gadgets and Electronics
A few variations in diameter and length, price is low so try a few different ones, I think there tool is to soft so it rounds off and slips that ruins the screw slot. There delivery is very slow for me but they carry things that are hard to find.
It seems the whole RBA deck costs $8.19 which is a good price
$8.19 Authentic Smoktech SMOK TFV8 Replacement V8-RBA Coil Head - 0.28ohm (50-140W) at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

TomDS

Moved On
Nov 6, 2017
  • Deleted by classwife
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread