Status
Not open for further replies.

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2018
Maine, USA
Heavens, no apology warranted. And even though Avid Vaper says the open post atomizers will work with bottom feeders, I'll probably still write to them and ask them to confirm the claim. I'd hate to go ahead and order a squonk mod (extravagantly and against my own resolve to be content with what I have--or soon will have, when the Sandstorm arrives) only to find I can't use it.

• Agree
Reactions: Baditude

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
I have bought a FOURTH mod--a wee Pico (twenty-five bucks)-- that I plan to dedicate to dripping.
My first dripper ended my search for the best vape gear. The only problem was I ended up buy 8 more drippers (I only needed 2 or 3)! Seriously, you might like to build coils and wick them yourself. If desired,you can buy premade non sub ohm pre wicked coils:
https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10010085/1880207-pre-coiled-wires-and-braided-wicks-for
I like to be in control(save money,not guess about orders) so I build my own. If you can bend a paper clip and thread a large 3 mm needle with rayon, you can build a coil. Feel free to click reply for more information (not wild about SC re election 2020).
Might like to read:
Drip Vaping: Your Guide to Dripping e-Juice | Vape-Resource.com
http://spinfuel.com/art-drip-guide-vaping/
(7) Information Resources for Your First RBA | E-Cigarette Forum
Atomizer vs. Cartomizer vs. Clearomizer. The Ultimate Guide
RBA vape guide: RDA, RTA, Genesis, and More
Wrapping Building Coils 101 For Beginners
Rayon wick, better flow, flavor, saturation and Nic Hit!

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2018
Maine, USA
Thanks for the reading list, @BrotherBob. I'll get to work studying up.

I just recently learned that prebuilt coils exist and thought they might make building more of a possibility for me. But I can indeed bend a paper clip and thread a large needle, so, who knows? Maybe I could even go whole hog in this department. I am leery, though. I'm just not much good at finicky handwork nowadays. Oh well, at least I have bridgeless atomizers from Avid Vapers to fall back on.

When you say you bought drippers, does this mean certain mods are better for this practice than others?

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Thanks for the reading list, @BrotherBob. I'll get to work studying up.
When you say you bought drippers, does this mean certain mods are better for this practice than others?
When you ask a question like that, you should assume that the answer will be subjective to who you are asking. As with any mod or juice delivery device available on the market, people will have their personal favorites based upon different criteria that are important to them. A quick Google search on the "Best Bottom Feeder Mods" will give you a wide range of manufacturers, mods, and bottom feeder RDA's.

Best Squonk Mods of 2018: List of Best Regulated Squonk Mods
8 Best Squonk Mods 2018 - Plus Bottom Feed RDA's & Squonking ...
7 Best Squonk Mods You Can Get Right Now + Squonking Guide [2018]
Top 10 Best Squonk Mods for 2018 | Spinfuel VAPE

Your Avid Vapor 510 drip atomizers will give you a feel to see if you will like dripping. They are a convenient way to sample new flavors. Another advantage they have is being able to tasting flavors without a wick medium that may possibly affect/contribute to the taste. Disadvantage is you can only vape 4 - 5 draws on 2 - 3 drops of e-liquid before needing to re-drip.

Squonking or using a bottom-feeder mod will give you the flavor of a rebuildable with the convenience of using a tank. It is essentually "dripping upside down".

Squonking is not universally loved. I've used two different squonkers and found that it was not for me. But you'll never know if YOU will like it until you try it.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: AXIOM_1

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2018
Maine, USA
When you ask a question like that, you should assume that the answer will be subjective to who you are asking. As with any mod or juice delivery device available on the market, people will have their personal favorites based upon different criteria that are important to them.

Well, yeah.

Yup, already read. I was more curious as to whether some mods were better suited to dripping (not squonking) than others and, if they are, why this would be so. Seems to me that almost any ol' mod would do for regular dripping. But what do I know?

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I was more curious as to whether some mods were better suited to dripping (not squonking) than others and, if they are, why this would be so. Seems to me that almost any ol' mod would do for regular dripping. But what do I know?
I'm with you. Since your drip atomizers are not sub-ohm, I can't think of a reason why any mod would be better than another.

Reactions: Zazie

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
I was more curious as to whether some mods were better suited to dripping (not squonking) than others and, if they are, why this would be so. Seems to me that almost any ol' mod would do for regular dripping.
For MTL ,non sub ohms and single coil many RDA will suffice. The RDA drip tip domes shapes are said to be important in order to channel the flavor. Ease of build is another desirable attribute. Some RDA's may work better in low power and standard to high ohms. The Magma is a old classic for low power and std/high ohms.
re:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/rda/538555-magma-rda-paradigm-16.html #16

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2018
Maine, USA
I've noted the existence of drip shields, but I didn't understand how they work. Your message prompted me to find out, and, yeah, I should probably get one, to be safe. At the moment, I'm dripping so cautiously, I don't think I'm at risk of juice overflow, but, as I get more cocky, I'll likely need to be protected from my own enthusiasm.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Baditude

chellie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2014
USA
The Pico I intend to dedicate to dripping just arrived. I am pleased but a little embarrassed to have a trio of mods sitting next to me right now.
That's funny - many of us do that. I was going through the thread from the beginning to now and you're a pro now. I've been vaping for a few years now but have not squonked yet. I do use rebuildables and removable batteries only but usually buy the coils premade. They are not expensive at all and all I have to do is wick 'em, check everything and vape :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread