Please Guide me!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

psycho bishop

Verified Member
Aug 4, 2013
Wichita, KS.
Looking to get into doing rda's and would like to stay small form factor (18350) and trying to find a guide on the ohms / amp draw limits of the aw imr 18350 batteries and such.... maybe a sort of guide on getting started on it.

(curious of what are safe ohms for a 18350 is 0.8 too low?) is 0.8 ohms too low to pull off on a micro coil?

Any help or guidance will be greatly appreciated
Thanks in Advance!!!

genghishahn

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 11, 2013
Sunnyvale, CA, USA
I think lighthound has data sheets on AW batteries. Pretty sure its 8C amp limit for the 18350. Get yourself an ohm's law calculator for your phone/computer and run the numbers to determine if the resistance your want is within the amp limit of your battery.

I'd rather help you learn to fish than just give you fish, so I hope you don't take the vagueness of my response to mean I'm trying to not be helpful.

There's no reason why you couldn't wrap a 0.8 ohm micro coil--it's more a matter of whether it delivers the vape you're looking for. Do your homework, give it a shot and see how you like it :). Cheers!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

Zipp

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2013
Minnetonka, MN
That's tricky because there's SO many batteries out there and they're all a little different. If you're using the red aw imr batteries, I think the max discharge rate is 6A. Divide the voltage that you're using (use 4.2 for a mech to be safe) by the coil resistance to get the amount of current that you need. If it's less than 6, you're fine.

If you must use such low resistance coils, you should really look into ohm's law and memorize it. Don't worry, it's easy only requires simple multiplication/division. Next, find the datasheet for your battery and get familiar with it's specs. You're basically short-circuiting the battery, and doing so safely requires fully understanding the limitations of your particular setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread