Please help me choose a tank type system in UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

siuk

Apr 17, 2013
UK
Hi siuk,

Give Jason a call at Vape Escape, he will sort you - i would go for the Ego twist and a Kanger Pro tank, the tank is pyrex so any juice will do, fill and forget, a good starting point because you will have variable voltage.

Joyetech eGo-C Twist VV £22.95 - Vaping Spares - Batteries & Passthroughs Electronic Cigarettes | Vaping Devices | Accessories | E-Liquid

Ego-Riva-Echo USB Charger With Cord (510) £4.75 - Vaping Spares - Chargers Electronic Cigarettes | Vaping Devices | Accessories | E-Liquid

Kanger Protank £16.99 - Vaping Spares - Tanks & Accessories Electronic Cigarettes | Vaping Devices | Accessories | E-Liquid

Then start to save your money cos' your on a slippery slope to collecting heaven :(

Forgot to mention insert discount code :- ecr69 for 10% off.

Doh! always the case - i just noticed Kanger Pro Tanks out of stock for 7 days............ sorry

Wow - so much to think about LOL :)

A couple more questions if you would be so kind :

1. What advantage (in terms of real world vaping pleasure) will I get from a VV battery as opposed to fixed voltage?

2. If I buy the Joytech VV above, will it fit CE4 clearomizers whilst I am waiting for the Kanger Protank to come in stock (or can you suggest another) - I want some cheaper spare ones to play about with different flavours.

3. I'm guessing that I have to change parts on the Kanger Protank - Do I have to buy spare atomizers and wicks ?

4. I was thinking that, if I am going to be out for a few days, then I would prefill some cheaper clearomizers to take with me - is this possible?

5. Whats the different between a carto-tank (like the Boge F16 mentioned earlier) and a clearomizer or the Kanger Protank. Also, what is a carto punch and do I need one ?

Last edited:

Kycap

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 14, 2013
UK
1. You can alter the voltage to find the best taste etc (your "sweet spot")

2. The battery has ego and 510 threading so the vast majority of delivery systems will fit (You could look at the Innokin iClear30 as an alternative).

3. It comes with one fitted and a spare should keep you going for a time, you can learn to re-wick but thats another level i'm not into yet.

4. Take a bottle or 2 of your favourite juice with you.

5. A carto punch is not required unless you get into carto tanks the Protank is basically a clearomiser.

Check you tube for each thing you are interested in, its a mine of information. its a large learning curve and you may have some bad as well as good experiences but it will all come good in the end.

Other members please feel free to correct anything i may have suggested or incorrectly stated.

Last edited:

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
1. What advantage (in terms of real world vaping pleasure) will I get from a VV battery as opposed to fixed voltage?

Variable voltage lets you choose the perfect wattage for any atomizer and juice you have on hand. Most people find their sweet spot somewhere between 4.5-8 Watts. Wattage (heat, power) = voltage (of your battery) squared divided by resistance (of your coil).

Use this calculator, when in doubt:

Online Conversion - Ohm's Law Calculator

2. If I buy the Joytech VV above, will it fit CE4 clearomizers whilst I am waiting for the Kanger Protank to come in stock (or can you suggest another) - I want some cheaper spare ones to play about with different flavours.

Yes, it will. I suggest getting a T3 or and eVod clearomizer. They work just like the ProTank (identical design) and are smaller and they are eGo-threaded (and a fraction of ProTank's price). You may discover that you don't need a ProTank for your batteries, after all. :)

3. I'm guessing that I have to change parts on the Kanger Protank - Do I have to buy spare atomizers and wicks ?

Eventually--but not at the beginning. But if you decide to order an eVod or a T3, I recommend getting some spare coils. 2.2Ω coils are the most versatile.

4. I was thinking that, if I am going to be out for a few days, then I would prefill some cheaper clearomizers to take with me - is this possible?

Yes, you can prefill any clearo, including the ProTank; just keep them in a plastic baggie, in case they leak.

5. Whats the different between a carto-tank (like the Boge F16 mentioned earlier) and a clearomizer or the Kanger Protank. Also, what is a carto punch and do I need one ?

Clearomizers are ready to use as they are. Carto tanks are just empty tanks that need to have a pre-punched cartomizer inserted in order to work. If you decide to get one, you can always buy a box of prepunched cartomizers and you won't have to worry about drilling holes.

192065d1364266251-getting-into-carto-tanks-tank-lengths.jpg

siuk

Apr 17, 2013
UK
1. You can alter the voltage to find the best taste etc (your "sweet spot")

2. The battery has ego and 510 threading so the vast majority of delivery systems will fit (You could look at the Innokin iClear30 as an alternative).

3. It comes with one fitted and a spare should keep you going for a time, you can learn to re-wick but thats another level i'm not into yet.

4. Take a bottle or 2 of your favourite juice with you.

5. A carto punch is not required unless you get into carto tanks the Protank is basically a clearomiser.

Check you tube for each thing you are interested in, its a mine of information. its a large learning curve and you may have some bad as well as good experiences but it will all come good in the end.

Other members please feel free to correct anything i may have suggested or incorrectly stated.

Thank you for all the answers :)

Well, I put my order in to vapeescape today (should be with me tomorrow) - Didn't know quite what to order (as the protank isn't in stock until Monday - will prob order one next week) - So I went with the following :

Joyetech eGo-C Twist VV 900mah Black VE367 900mah Black

Ego-Riva-Echo USB Charger With Cord (510)

Kanger T3 Bottom Coil Clearomiser Clear

Innokin Dual Coil CE5 Clearomiser

(and a couple of Grizwalds samplers - Peanut Butter, Caramel Espresso and GY-4)

:)

siuk

Apr 17, 2013
UK
Very nice order indeed! Did you get a wall adapter for your charger? If not, get it with your next order--it's much safer to charge you batteries via a wall adapter than from your computer USB port.

Good luck and keep us posted!

Hi Katya - thanks for all the answers a few posts up BTW - This is an incredibly friendly forum :)

I did actually order (as well) some spare T3 bases (Kanger T3 Spare Base 2.5ohm ) and some spare Innokin CE5 heads :)

I have quite a few USB wall adaptors knocking around so will probably use them rather than using USB on my rig. I have a dual monitor setup on my PC (I am a software developer by trade so i need the 2 monitors) and both of them have USB ports on the side. I currently have 4 of the small 180mah batteries sticking out of the monitors ready for my current cartos! I won't miss that LOL!

I can't wait for it to arrive TBH - I LOVE vaping and want to take it to the next level and play about with different juices etc... The prefilled cartos I use now are very convenient but the battery life is terrible and the flavour isn't great.

Having said that - I won't knock the cartos - they have been amazing, It's been 6 months since I smoked an analogue and my health has improved beyond all recognition! Whereas before I was wheezy and chesty when I got up in the morning now I can happily run up and down the stairs without a problem and am never short of breath (which is handy when you have a 2 month old baby and a 4 year old toddler and the wife is shouting for an extra pair of hands lol).

I started on the cartos and alternated for a week between analogue and carto - Then my analogues ran out and I never bothered buying any replacements.

I get a much better nicotine hit and satisfaction from vaping than I ever did from tobacco. There is nothing in the world that would ever convince me to go back and the added bonus is that my 2 beautiful girls get to have their Daddy playing games without wheezing or smelling of smoke!!!

siuk

Apr 17, 2013
UK
It all arrived this morning - Great service :)

That battery seemed to have charge in it and I have filled the Kanger T3 with the Grizwald CY4 and the Innokin CE5 with the Grizwald Caramel Espresso.

WOW! What a difference from using disposable cartos :) It's fantastic and I am loving the flavours.

I do have some questions though : :)

1. What happens if I get any fluid in the central air hole - how do I get it out (not done it but just in case)

2. When I have finished the caramel in the Innokin I want to try the Peanut Butter that I have here. How do I clean the Innokin out? The caramel fluid is VERY thick and syrupy and I would guess that it is difficult to clean the wicks ?

3. The Innokin is making crackling noises when I press the battery button - is this normal ?

Kycap

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 14, 2013
UK
siuk,

You really should check out you tube, most of your concerns can be answered there. Its a case of research and experimentation.

If you get fluid in the centre - take off the carto hold a tissue under the connection and gently blow out the excess.

Never used the Innokin but if its a clearo just disassemble and run under the tap, then dry with tissue - quite logical really

Crackling and popcorn noises are good its the juice cooking.

VM☺☺

Apr 19, 2013
Millis, MA, USA
It all arrived this morning - Great service :)

That battery seemed to have charge in it and I have filled the Kanger T3 with the Grizwald CY4 and the Innokin CE5 with the Grizwald Caramel Espresso.

WOW! What a difference from using disposable cartos :) It's fantastic and I am loving the flavours.

I do have some questions though : :)

1. What happens if I get any fluid in the central air hole - how do I get it out (not done it but just in case)

Simply remove the carto from the battery and blow through it into a paper towel.

2. When I have finished the caramel in the Innokin I want to try the Peanut Butter that I have here. How do I clean the Innokin out? The caramel fluid is VERY thick and syrupy and I would guess that it is difficult to clean the wicks ?

Just use as much as you can and then simply add the new flavor. The tiny bit leftover won't matter much, if at all..

3. The Innokin is making crackling noises when I press the battery button - is this normal ?

Yes. No worries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread