Please help me find a replacement charger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gimpy1261

ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2012
Ga. Down Under
Please excuse a old man. I read tech stuff and it just can't seem to get what i have read understood correctly.
I purchased a V tube from Apollo, 3 IMR 186350 3.7V 1600mAh and the charger that comes with the kit.
I have used the charger aprox. 10 times without any problem. Last night I removed one of the batteries from my V tube at 3.8v showing on the volts left indicator I usually remove at 3.6. Not sure if I have been doing it correctly or not but usually I put the battery in the charger then plug the charger in.
The little green Led usually turns green (on charger) when I put the battery in the charger and then turns red after I plug charger in the wall.
Last night the above did not happen. The led did not turn green and when I plugged it in It did not turn red. But then within 3 seconds it turned green. But the side of the charger started getting warm.
I said to myself, self this is not right so I took the battery out of the charger and unplugged the charger from the wall.

I have 3 practically unused batteries. I need a good quality charger. I think we can all agree the charger that come with some kits are sub par.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. And Thanks,:blink: Merry Merry and a Happy New Year

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
Xtar wp2 ii is a solid, affordable, 2 bay charger.

Rtdvapor is one source for them.

For 18650 you won't need any spacers, though it comes with one pair. You can set the charger to the 1 amp setting for those batteries.

If your batteries are flat top (no nipple), you will need a rare earth magnet for contact on the positive. Avidvapor has them, as well as being another source for the xtar charger.
http://www.avidvaper.com/magnetic-battery-spacers/

Gimpy1261

ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2012
Ga. Down Under
Thanks for the replies everyone. Cost does not matter safety does. I will order one of the above. I'll just have to buy some analogs til it gets here. I should have bought a good one before now. I only have 18650 batts so why do I need spacers. I bet it is because Ya'll know I am gonna but something that uses a different battery. and I just might one day. right now I'm good with my V tube.
I have been scoping out those vamos and zmaxs and grippers and reos and them things that look like rockets.

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
I'd buy a gas station pv, njoy or whatever, for the couple days. At least in ny they really don't cost much more than cigs.

(Over time we build up backups. I have my higher end gear, but keep an ego twist and a tiny sd key ring pv in the car just in case.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread