Is is the battery or charger that is dead?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renro

ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2011
New England
Riva 750, 2 batteries, usb&wall charger.

Normally the light on the wall charger turns green, the usb turns red and the Riva battery flashes blue at the start.

Now the wall charger stays red and the usb stays green, but the battery still flashes blue at the start.

I've tried 2 batteries and a second wall charger but the results are the same. I can't get a charge on either of my Riva batteries.

The kit is two weeks old and i can't return any part of it.

Is it the charger, the usb adapter or the batteries?

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
If you have a usb powered device plug it in and see if it works. Like a passthrough without battery. If both chargers do the same thing then it would almost have to be the usb as the odds of both going bad at exactly the same time is pretty high. Also you could try plugging your charger into the usb port on your pc for a minute to see if it works.
If it's only 2 weeks old and you can't warranty it your dealing with the wrong people.

Melissa71

Feb 20, 2011
Illinois
I'm having problems with my Riva, too. Mine is a 510, though. Not sure what the difference between a 510 and 750 is, I'm still a newbie.
The blue button on the battery never did light up when it was plugged into the charger, and the LED on the USB section stayed green. The battery is now totally drained and I have no way of charging it. I'm saving the other battery for my husband, because he's trying to quit smoking.
I'm guessing there's a bad batch of usb chargers. Luckily I bought mine from Liberty Flights, and they have great customer service. I'm waiting to hear back from them. Hopefully it'll get resolved quickly. I only had my Riva for a day and miss it already.

Update: It was user error. The battery needed to be twisted into the charger more forcefully than I was doing it. :) I now get the red LED and the quick blue flashing on the button when it's plugged in.

Last edited:

steve123

Moved On
Oct 12, 2011
new jersey-USA
  • Deleted by classwife
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread