Please help me with DIY Unflavored!

Status
Not open for further replies.

deathared

Verified Member
Mar 28, 2011
Singapore
Hi guys, I recently bought a 115ml of unflavored eliquid from HC of 18MG and 50%/50% VG/PG.
I normally use their flavoured eliquid till they ran out of 115ml bottles for flavoured ones. I normally mix them with menthol crystals for a colder throat hit, also with fruit flavouring as I normally get the menthol eliquid.
But strangely when I do what I normally do for the menthol eliquid to the unflavoured. I'm not getting throat hit at all.

What am I doing wrong?:blink:

deathared

Verified Member
Mar 28, 2011
Singapore
Well, I take an empty 10ml bottle. Drip 20drops of menthol e-liquid 18mg/ml and 5drops of flavoring. When I've done it till its close to 10ml, I will take menthol crystals that are crushed to close to powder form. And place it in the bottle. I let it sit for around 15mins and it will dissolve into the e-liquid. I then place it in my dct and vape after sitting for 5mins in the dct. Whats wrong?

Cookster

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2011
Fla-De-Da
So basically, you.re using 25% flavoring added to your menthol e liquid, THEN adding an estimated amount of menthols crystals??? Do you still have a face? :ohmy:

As a general rule, 2-4% menthol crystals is fairly strong, sounds like you're closer to 40%. Your best bet would be too download the ejuicemeup calculator and plug in the numbers. For example, for 10ml at 10% flavoring, you would use 9ml nic and 1ml flavoring.

deathared

Verified Member
Mar 28, 2011
Singapore
Well thanks for the suggestions, but cookster I don't use 40% of menthol crystals. The menthol eliquid from hc is only the menthol flavour. Not the cold throat hit. That's why I'm using menthol crystals to have the cold throat hit. Why won't I still have a face? :O
Hmmm, but how is the process that I did any wrong?
Shouldn't it still provide some throat hit?

Cookster

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2011
Fla-De-Da
Throat hit comes from the nicotine. If 20 drops equal 1 ml let's say, and you add 5 drops for every 20, for 10ml you now have 200 drops of nic juice and 50 drops of flavoring, which equals 25% flavoring, which you then add menthol crystals to, so your nicotine level has been lowered accordingly. So you'll get the menthol feeling, but less nicotine throat hit.

Does this make sense?

Wishdog

ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2012
Hazel Green
Did you change equipment? I have a Kanger T2 that totally nullifies throat hit, and with the same liquid I get plenty off a CE3 or Boge carto.

If I'm understanding the menthol, you might be overdoing it. But if you can taste it, there ya go, all is good.

Re: nic and throat hit. I've read elsewhere that was a myth. I claim no knowledge to verify this hearsay. But I know that VG vs PG, it obvious that PG gives hit where VG is smoooth like butta.

deathared

Verified Member
Mar 28, 2011
Singapore
I'd like to believe from Martinc that they might have something else to stimulate throat hit. But if so, why am I the only one with the problem? Hmmm. I changed into a new dual coil cart.
About the menthol crystals, my friends uses way more than me for a much colder throat hit. So Wishdog, it might be because I changed to 50/50% thats why the throat hit might be near to nothing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread