PLEASE HELP SALVAGE MY VAPING EXPERIENCE!!! (thank you!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Missspoke

Verified Member
Jun 16, 2013
Ashland, OR, USA
Check out the Vapr Zeus from Vapor4Life. Looks pretty awesome.

Like stated above, an Evod for your eGo style batteries might help. I haven't really found a tank system that works for me. Cartomizers are pretty darn easy and they have good flavor. I also perfer smaller batteries. I have some 18650 mods and they just sit on my table.

Everyone is different and you'll have to find what works for you. Just don't buy junk.

Sent from my easy chair using brainwaves.
Thanks for the suggestion, Ted! :) Unfortunately, that model is about double my price range, since I'll need to order a few more accessories to get and stay up and running for a bit until I have some more $ to drop on my "hobby." All I have left from Halo is some juice samples, their own cartomizers, and a bad taste in my mouth (although it's not due to the juices, since they steeped out nicely and were starting to taste good right before my battery died, lol!).

Missspoke

Verified Member
Jun 16, 2013
Ashland, OR, USA
Glad to help, and agreed, that is a pretty bad ratio of working to duds! Not sure if there's a post-count restriction on being able to send private messages or if you disabled them when signing up, but if you can (might have to hit 15 posts first, not sure) send me a PM and I'd be glad to mail you one of my spare KR808 batteries so you're not stuck for two weeks waiting on that Fasttech order.
Wow, Kelly...that is SO unusually sweet of you!!! I'll check my settings as soon as I get a reply to everyone and see if I'm allowed to PM you yet. ;)

MxD0CxB

Jun 17, 2013
Something that's been pretty popular with a lot of my friends is a Joyetech eGo C-Twist and an iSmoka BCC Mega Clearomizer. They got pretty decent flavor for a clearomizer, have easy to change/replace components, are available in multiple resistance options, and are pretty affordable. My only gripe would be that the base threads onto the plastic tank itself.

hope that helps the OP!

Radar2013

ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Indianapolis, IN, USA
I have been Vaping for 2 weeks so I am not The Obi Wan Kenobi of Vaping and Im not gonna tell you to let the "Force" guide you. What I am gonna tell you is that I bought the EGO-C. I have to say it was the best purchase I have bought in quite a long time. I went from a 2 pack a day Marlboro to 0 in 4 days and have been analog free for 10.

As for the juices? Well that's gonna depend on where you buy them. I got my kit at Welcome To The Only Vapor Shop In Indianapolis And Central Indiana....... . Now I live here in Indy so I just went to the store. The juices I bought were 24mg nic level and the flavors are: Peach (taste just like you bit into a Georgia Peach), Pina Colada (which I am doing now), Cherry, Granny Smith Apple Pie, Hot Cinnamon Rolls (HAs a nice Carmel taste) and USA Mix (Reg Tobacco). Then I heard about Best Electronic Cigarettes and E-Liquid - MyFreedomSmokes.com . I checked them out. From them I ordered Carolina and Black Cherry. Their Black Cherry taste like you are sucking on a Tootsie Roll Tootsie pop. Many times I have waited for the old owl to ask that infamous question. Their shipping times are very fast. Made my order last Tuesday and with 4th Of July being on Thursday I received it on Friday.

Your flavors are gonna depend on what you want and like. Your nic level is gonna depend on what you are use to smoking. I look at it this way: 48mg is like a Non-Filtered Camel or Pall Mall. 36mg is like a Marlboro Red and or/Med. 24mg is like a Marlboro light and so on and so forth...

If its a stronger throat hit you want, the EGO-C comes with the Vision Clearomizer (juice tube). Just change out the 2.4ohm coil with the 1.8. More flavor and stronger throat hit.

A friend of mine that I converted smoked Kools milds kings. At Indy Vapor Shop they have Cools Juice. He took a hit off of the 24mg version of that and had to sit down. He said it tasted just like a Kools but was a little stronger. The nic rush set him down real quick.

Missspoke

Verified Member
Jun 16, 2013
Ashland, OR, USA
I'm with racehorse. Get a good kit from a us supplier to begin with and after you find something that works well then you can go the Fasttech route and research those items. It may cost a little more but you will have equipment quickly and a bit of support from the vendor. This is a great kit to start with and highly recommended here. All you need is juice. http://www.myvaporstore.com/Vision_Spinner_Joye_Ego_C_Twist_Combo_p/vvs-c.htm
Thanks, Klynnn! This one's still a bit out of my price range, since I lost (what is to me) a lot of money on the first kit and work for minimum wage at the age of 35 for the evil corporation of Safeway, who makes sure I barely have anything left after my bills are paid each month. I saved all my spending money (minus the analog cig budget, of course) for a month in order to make the first purchase (wish I'd ordered this instead of the Halo kit!); but it looks like a really nice kit! It will be bookmarked for future reference. :)

Missspoke

Verified Member
Jun 16, 2013
Ashland, OR, USA
Something that's been pretty popular with a lot of my friends is a Joyetech eGo C-Twist and an iSmoka BCC Mega Clearomizer. They got pretty decent flavor for a clearomizer, have easy to change/replace components, are available in multiple resistance options, and are pretty affordable. My only gripe would be that the base threads onto the plastic tank itself.

hope that helps the OP!
Yay! Thank you so much! Awesome suggestion on the clearomizer...I hope to try one soon. ;)

Missspoke

Verified Member
Jun 16, 2013
Ashland, OR, USA
I have been Vaping for 2 weeks so I am not The Obi Wan Kenobi of Vaping and Im not gonna tell you to let the "Force" guide you. What I am gonna tell you is that I bought the EGO-C. I have to say it was the best purchase I have bought in quite a long time. I went from a 2 pack a day Marlboro to 0 in 4 days and have been analog free for 10.

As for the juices? Well that's gonna depend on where you buy them. I got my kit at Welcome To The Only Vapor Shop In Indianapolis And Central Indiana....... . Now I live here in Indy so I just went to the store. The juices I bought were 24mg nic level and the flavors are: Peach (taste just like you bit into a Georgia Peach), Pina Colada (which I am doing now), Cherry, Granny Smith Apple Pie, Hot Cinnamon Rolls (HAs a nice Carmel taste) and USA Mix (Reg Tobacco). Then I heard about Best Electronic Cigarettes and E-Liquid - MyFreedomSmokes.com . I checked them out. From them I ordered Carolina and Black Cherry. Their Black Cherry taste like you are sucking on a Tootsie Roll Tootsie pop. Many times I have waited for the old owl to ask that infamous question. Their shipping times are very fast. Made my order last Tuesday and with 4th Of July being on Thursday I received it on Friday.

Your flavors are gonna depend on what you want and like. Your nic level is gonna depend on what you are use to smoking. I look at it this way: 48mg is like a Non-Filtered Camel or Pall Mall. 36mg is like a Marlboro Red and or/Med. 24mg is like a Marlboro light and so on and so forth...

If its a stronger throat hit you want, the EGO-C comes with the Vision Clearomizer (juice tube). Just change out the 2.4ohm coil with the 1.8. More flavor and stronger throat hit.

A friend of mine that I converted smoked Kools milds kings. At Indy Vapor Shop they have Cools Juice. He took a hit off of the 24mg version of that and had to sit down. He said it tasted just like a Kools but was a little stronger. The nic rush set him down real quick.
Hello, Radar! I'm glad to hear you're having a good experience with the ego-c. Black Cherry sounds delicious...How many licks did you say it takes to get to the center of a perfect vaping experience? Hahahahahah!!! You're awesome. :) I love how your buddy tried to play it "Kool" by just saying it was "a little stronger" instead of letting everyone know he was about to pass out! >.< Thanks for your help!

razor4432

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
Wisconsin
Sorry to hear about your rough start, hopefully you can get something together. I found the ego-c was a great starter for me and maybe you can save a little cash on the side to get one or something a little better. There are plenty of good kits for under $50.

I'm working for "Safeway" too (Tom Thumb) here in North Texas and c'mon it ain't so bad working for them ;) I'm just a measly Dairy Manager.

**Edit: Didn't totally read your whole first post but saw now you are looking at the ego type kit. Like others are mentioning I'd try the Evod and look at maybe a Vision Vivi Nova clearo. Will let you figure out if you like a top coil (Vivi Nova) with a warmer vape or a bottom coil (Evod) and a cooler vape. I myself like a mixture of both.

Last edited:

III BIRDMAN III

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 23, 2013
United States
Thanks, Birdman! (epic photo!) I'm pleased that you suggested an upgrade. It seems like many newbies are discouraged from that, but I am pretty tech-savvy and would prefer something I won't need to move on from shortly after purchasing. ;)

You said you where on a budget.
Well pull out your wallet and by a Provari.

Thread Closed :/

cramptholomew

ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Maryland
Check this out: Kanger Mini Protank – KangerTech

It's a new kit from Kanger (who make the EVOD, protank, and most other recommended clearomizers). I think $50 is a good deal for what you get. While I don't have any experience with the E-Smart batteries, I would assume that since they're sold with a protank, they have good performance. I also think this kit looks great. Real sharp. Everything fits together all nice and Kentucky.

III BIRDMAN III

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 23, 2013
United States
Check this out: Kanger Mini Protank – KangerTech

It's a new kit from Kanger (who make the EVOD, protank, and most other recommended clearomizers). I think $50 is a good deal for what you get. While I don't have any experience with the E-Smart batteries, I would assume that since they're sold with a protank, they have good performance. I also think this kit looks great. Real sharp. Everything fits together all nice and Kentucky.

Wow!!! looks seemless to.
That's a honey take out the trash
Grab n go or maybe......
Honey we need milk grab n go.
:/

mooreted

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2011
California
Thanks for the suggestion, Ted! :) Unfortunately, that model is about double my price range, since I'll need to order a few more accessories to get and stay up and running for a bit until I have some more $ to drop on my "hobby." All I have left from Halo is some juice samples, their own cartomizers, and a bad taste in my mouth (although it's not due to the juices, since they steeped out nicely and were starting to taste good right before my battery died, lol!).

There's lots of good stuff out there. I haven't bought one yet either because I'm also sort of broke at the moment. But you don't have to spend much to get something that works.

Sent from my easy chair using brainwaves.

Jazzi Mike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2013
Michigan
I don't know if you have any of your old vaping stuff, but if you have only clearomizers or cartomizers, they will still work with an eGo battery.

Katana Kit

This kit is absolutely barebones, but with some juice should set you back much. I think compared with what you were using, any eGo will be a welcome step up. Personally I got started on a mini ego kit which I thought was amazing when I first vaped with it.

I'm really surprised you were burned so bad from Halo. Personally, I feel like their hardware is just over-priced/rebranded gear that you can get at half-price from other vendors. However, their e-juice is pretty well-respected in the vaping community. What kinds of juices did you order?

Bill's Magic Vapor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
USA
Most recommended starter kit on the New Member Forum:

http://www.myvaporstore.com/Vision_Spinner_Joye_Ego_C_Twist_Combo_p/vvs-c.htm

Most recommended Juice Supplier on New Member Forum:

Best E Cigarette | Buy Electronic Cigarettes | E Cig Juice - MT Baker Vapor

Others: Backups, backups, backups. Strong juice to start (at quittin' time).

If you try to budget this, you're going to end up with less than optimum gear on one of the most important decisions of your life. See people got too "small" at first all the time and realize they made a mistake within one to two weeks. About 50 times every day.

If you get the kit, agree with HVAC, spinners and evods. Later (next week), add Protank. You need strong enough batts and juice to power through the cravings. This kit will give that to you and it has an easier learning curve than many of the previous recommendations. I beat a 3 PAD, 35 year habit with this kit, after failing twice before with less than optimum gear. Go Big. Do it Now! You Can Do It! GB, good luck, welcome, Power Up and Vape On!

DeeDee1234

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2013
Texas
Hello Vapers!

I was so close...and now I feel so far away. I started my vaping adventure with high hopes and just KNEW that vaping was going to be SO right for me...there are many things about analog cigs (most aspects of it, actually) that I've grown to hate over the last 15 years that I've been smoking them: The smell, the inconvenience of needing a cig somewhere I can't have one, the persistent cough, the decrease in my lung capacity, the damage to my wallet, and more often now even the taste (I will have a drink sometimes just so I can enjoy my cigarettes for a while!!!), just to name a few. Still, I have had no desire to quit for quite a long time now; although that used to be on my agenda sometimes in the past. VIOLA...E-CIGARETTES!!! What a perfect solution to my smoking problems; and, if I ever decided to quit, I have the option of stepping down my nicotine level at will! I eventually chose to buy my first starter kit from Halo after "extensive research on the best rated brands" (later to find that I was actually only dipping my little toe into the pool of information on e-cigs and all their various various forms, not to mention the WORLD of atomizers, batteries, clearomizers, cartomizers, tanks, and all the other components that can be used or put together to smoke your juice!). I eagerly awaited the arrival of my G6 kit with one of each battery (a manual and an automatic). My kit finally came, aaaaaaaaaaaaand...the manual battery came DOA...sucks...the juices tasted pretty bad...DOUBLE sucks (GROSS!!! I don't want that disgusting, sickly sweet chemical taste in my mouth ever again!!! Come to find out, this flavor went almost completely away after a week of steeping; but wait, there's more.)...and then, after a week and a few days of vaping and almost completely getting off the analogs despite the first two bummers, my automatic battery stopped holding any kind of charge for more than two puffs...DOUBLE, TRIPLE, I HAVE TO START BUYING CIGARETTES AGAIN SUCKS!!! So Halo (who does have good customer service) agreed to exchange my manual battery at first, and then when my automatic batt. died before I could even get the first batt. down to the post office, they agreed to give me a refund for my kit. Of course, I'm only getting back about $41 of the $75 (+ $7 return shipping!) I spent, since much of my purchase is non-returnable, including parts from the initial starter kit! I don't have much of a budget, especially now that I'm having to buy analogs just like before, and am still missing a big chunk (for me!) of the money that I threw into Halo.
After much more research and a lot of time on this website (thank you all for sharing your knowledge and opinions on this forum!), I've come up with a plan that will hopefully give me + vaping the second chance it deserves. I'd like to go with simple, high capacity eGo-type batteries from Fasttech.com and some good clearomizers (from anywhere) to put on them. This is the kit that I've been looking at:
$21.70 EGO-T 7-in-1 USB Rechargeable 1100mAh Electronic Cigarettes Health Keeping Set - double e-cigarette / euro adapter / L bag / black at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
Does anyone think there's a better choice I could be making on the Fasttech site as far as vaping satisfaction and the performance of the batteries go? I will also need a US charger adapter, since their kits come with European plugs...is this the right one?:
$3.06 E-Cigarettes USB Charger with AC Adapter - 19cm / US plug at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
I don't want to blow up my new batteries! I would love suggestions for a great clearomizer that would fit my tentative choice above, or any of the batteries suggested to me later on in this thread. I'm very interested in trying a bottom coil clearomizer after reading about both types, but I'm completely open to opinions on that. I read that they might give a "cooler" hit and have less tendency to leak?
Thanks again to all of you for your time and help...I certainly can't do this without you, since I don't personally know anyone who vapes. ;-)

Kanger eVod Kit - Blue

you will get it in two to three days and be up and running

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread