Please help this ProVari Newbie

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeaBrz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2009
Florida
Hi all - Back in 2009, when I joined ECF, the technology just did not provide enough vapor, TH, or flavor to convince me to leave analogs for good. Fast forward - I quit analogs again in March this year, and have remained smoke-free because of all the great new devices that have debuted since 2009.

So I am finally ready to splurge on a ProVari and would love some feedback on the questions below. (I work from home full time, but do take occasional business trips.)

1. Leaning toward a Provari Mini because my current 650 batts last me almost two days.
2. I want to experience DRIPPING! So far I have only used KR808 or 801 cartos, and a top-wicked clearomizer (dumb) on my latest 808 XL Batts. (hate it)
3. So hope you can advise me on the best attys for dripping and good tanks for favored juices. I really would rather stay away from that gross saturated cotton-like stuffing

Bottom line, I want to purchase the best setup for me now; next year, I will look at the newer, greater inventory that I am sure will come.

Sorry to make this so long, but big hugs to you all for any suggestions.

74deeds

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2012
Seattle
I prefer Empiremods.com bridge-less dual coil 306 atomizer on my extended Provari V2. I use a universal delrin drip tip and drip shield and drip tip with it. I have not tried a mini as I am a fairly heavy vapor, (I go through 2 aw IMR 18650's a day) it just isn't practical for me.
Regarding tanks, I just got an Egg tank. I know that HotVapes.com has them and find it works very well for me with a 1.7 single coil 510 tank carto.
Hope this helps you out!

reeftivo

ECF Veteran
May 28, 2010
Chino, california
good suggestions

may also want to try ikens i06 or shell out a bit for a Cisco spec custom hybrid HH357 w/ drip shield.

Cisco SR 306s work great too!

I love my HH357 and 306s on my V2 at home, but prefer punched 3.0ohm boge cartos in my M&P mini sub tank while at work.

Mainly because it gets too hectic at work to stop and drip when needed. The tank is worry free all day until I get home and can throw on a dripper.

FWIW, the HH357 has the best flavor and vapor of any atty I've tried. Just keep them wet and run with a drip shield.

The $25 price tag may throw you off though. Mine has been going strong for over a month now with 60/40 juice and no cleaning so for me $25 was not bad at all.

Your mileage may vary

Tivo

Fiamma

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2012
So Calif
I'm with deeds on the Empire Mods LR bridgeless atomizers. I use both 306 and 510 with drip tips and shields when I drip and my Provaris are all full sized.

OTOH, when I use tanks I generally use a dual coil 1.5 LR carto in a tank. I make my juice myself so it's a little stronger in flavor and I don't taste the filler through it at all. I get a week or so out of a carto in a tank, my juice is 50/50. There are a lot of people who say don't use dual coils in a tank on a VV device but I do just fine at 4.2 to 4.4 on a Provari with one. I like the nice warm vapor and that voltage is my sweet spot on most of my juices.

Forgot to say I go thru a lot of juice in a day, like deeds i'm a heavy vaper. 2 18650's a day in each Provari in use, I work at home and vape the livelong day.

Last edited:

SeaBrz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2009
Florida
Also you may want to wait a week or two before you order as they are coming out in different colors...White, Pink, Purple and blue I believe. I can send you a pic of the ones I just saw at a meet here in WA last weekend that Provape came too and gave away one of each color.

Oh yeah! Thanks for the (underground) tip!

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
good suggestions

may also want to try ikens i06 or shell out a bit for a Cisco spec custom hybrid HH357 w/ drip shield.

Tivo

Another recommendation for the Ikenvape iO6. It's a very good dripping atty. With just a bit of care to only add a couple-few drops when needed, it is almost leak proof w/o a drip shield. You will need to buy one of the Silhouette drip tips for a couple bucks too. It's the only drip tip that fits the iO6. The come in 1.8, 2.5, 3.5Ω's. I'd say get the 2.5Ω atty for most versatility w/ the Provari voltage settings.

BigErn

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2012
Georgia
I have tried dripping with all of the above mentioned atties. I think the HH357 would not be an ideal "starter" atty for someone new to dripping. This is one case where all the hokey "this is an advanced user device" warnings do apply. For the most flavor with nice throat hit, I would suggest a 306 atomizer (Cisco-spec LR is what I have been dripping, but I also enjoy the IKV 3.0 ohm 306). If they are available, grab a DCA 306 from GoodSenseVapor.com. You can type in "what is a DCA 306?" on YouTube and see what it's all about. Then just pop on your favorite drip tip and you can immediately begin to experience dripping, quite effortlessly. Honestly, the 306 is easily the best atty for dripping IMO. That said, I still drip a 357 with some of my more delicate juices (pear, orange de sangre, earl grey). I think you will love dripping. Let us know how it goes!

opsguy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2010
Florida Treasure Coast
My vote is for the Mini. If you have been using a eGo battery then the Mini should hold up fine for you. A little smaller form factor for when out and about. I would also suggest trying a small tank setup. For first time tanks I recommend the Triple V tank from Valley View Vapors. It is a great little tank for a low price, easy to fill and they do not leak.

bully mom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2011
Kentucky
Thanks for this thread!! You have helped me too. I love my mini and have just recently gotten a phiniac tank, which I love also. I have always wanted to experience dripping as well. To this point, all I have tried is a std 510 atty and didn't realize you could even use any other atty besides a 510. I would really like to try some of the recommendations you have been given.

I think you will love the provari mini. Wish I had gotten mine allot sooner. I'm thinking of grabbing a pink one to go with my silver satin, blue LED. As far as a good tank, I'm completely satisfied with my Phiniac sand blasted "final frontier". It's my first tank besides the vivi nova. Planning on getting another phiniac when I decide on my mod.

Good luck and so glad you found your way back home!!!

SeaBrz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2009
Florida
Hi all - I'm the OP and still so interested in the information you are sharing so THANKS! I decided to hold off purchasing my mini until those luscious new colors come out, but dammit that "coming soon" banner has been running on the ProVape site for way too long :laugh:

Please keep updating here with tips and tricks and I will let you know when I finally order.

Thanks!

sgenn99

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2012
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
new pro vari mini owner here...well, it hasn't shipped yet, but i have pulled the trigger and purchased that bad boy...finally! it should arrive next week or early the following week. i have a few questions, if anyone cares to answer, although they are probably asked again and again in various threads on this forum. however, i need to know....i just dropped some serious coin, and i need to be careful with my purchases from here on in.

i am not in the least bit interested in dripping. i know it probably tastes great, but i travel in the car a lot, and i'm almost always on the move, so i choose to go with tank style systems. that being said, what resistance cartomizers work best with carto tanks and the pro vari mini? does it matter whether i use single or dual coil? where would you recommend i order them from? i have a carto punch, but i'd prefer to not mess with punching my own if there are decent ones out there that already have holes.

i really love the vivi nova tanks. i used them almost exclusively on my ego twists, but they gave me a bit of a burnt taste when i tried using them with my vmax...will it be the same when it comes to the pro vari? i have so many of them, and so many replacement heads in 2.4 and 2.8 resistance, and i would love to use them with my new baby, but i am wondering if wick based tanks and clearos are a sub par choice when it comes to real big mods like the pv and vmax. any opinions?

i am super excited to get this thing in the mail, and i hope i haven't made a stupid purchase. i figure if i don't get it now, i will get it a few weeks or months from now...either way, i've got a pro vari, and whether i learn fast or slow, i am VAPING...not smoking...vaping! i am in this for the long haul-i will be a vaper until there is no vaping...and maybe longer than that!

thanks in advance for your kind assistance, and for answering silly questions that probably should not be questions at all for a person that just purchased a 200 dollar vaporizer...but what can i say? lol...i'm like a kid a week before christmas! i'll probably be selling off all my other shiny mods at some point...

thanks again, all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread