Status
Not open for further replies.

Raynman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Marion In USA
I started my journey into smokefreedom on March 19. On March 26 I smoked my last two analogs and went to work proudly with my ego in hand. I've not had an analog since I feel better and I'm sure I smell better too LOL. On this journey I've gone from Ego to Spinner to Lambo to ProVari. Not wanting to break the ProVari at work (high possibility of this happening) I've picked up MVP Vamo and SVD and just because I ordered a ProVari V2 in satin silver. On this three and a half month journey I've gone from the basic starter kit to a ProVari times two. So when I get to milestones like six months or one year. What will I do?

Raynman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Marion In USA
Yeah, I use 'em everywhere. What's the point of having such a tough piece of kit if you can't use it when you want? Why is it likely to break at work anyway?

Heavy fork truck traffic, mega ton transfer presses, falling off a 80' lift just to name a few. I wanted something reliable ProVari fills that need. Besides I'm home and out and about more than I'm at work.

Leithan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 19, 2013
Fort Irwin
Mine gets ridiculous abuse daily, it's been dropped on the floor of a m2 Bradley turret, where it road for three hours while my driver did his damnest to kill me. It spends long hours out side in the extreme heat and dust of the high desert. On numerous ocasions it has fought the powers of the dark side in my sons hands. It has made it threw falls that have destroyed 3 protanks, 1 zap, 1 IB tank and two days ago a kayfun clear tank. Even if my Provari wasn't one the finest mods out there, I would vape one because it's built like a brick s$!) house. And as far as I can tell the only thing that's managed to kill one was an industrial lawn mower.

Raynman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Marion In USA
My point. Why ruin a $200 ProVari when a $30 Vamo, e-pipe or even a $50 MVP, SVD means little to me and is very expendable. I spend less time at work than home and out running when I get home the ProVari is the first I go for after taking care of my dogs. Not to mention when I say VW means nothing, I do know what I'm talking about because I have them and use them 5 days a week. Just because a ProVari can take a fall from a 80' lift doesn't mean you should try it. I've seen fork truck drivers drive a fork 3 feet into a 12 inch I beam and make a hole in the 8 inch one behind it. There are no consequences for tearing things up with a fork truck. I'm not even amazed any more these people keep me in work.

Tommy Aces

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 28, 2013
Connecticut
My point. Why ruin a $200 ProVari when a $30 Vamo, e-pipe or even a $50 MVP, SVD means little to me and is very expendable. I spend less time at work than home and out running when I get home the ProVari is the first I go for after taking care of my dogs. Not to mention when I say VW means nothing, I do know what I'm talking about because I have them and use them 5 days a week. Just because a ProVari can take a fall from a 80' lift doesn't mean you should try it. I've seen fork truck drivers drive a fork 3 feet into a 12 inch I beam and make a hole in the 8 inch one behind it. There are no consequences for tearing things up with a fork truck. I'm not even amazed any more these people keep me in work.

I understand your thinking and its perfectly reasonable. But,

First, who says you'll ruin it? How many other devices have you ruined so far at work? If it is zero, you have probably been very careful with them. If it is more than zero, you may have been careful with them, but because of their lack of durability, they broke. You'll destroy multiple VAMOs, SVDs, ect. before you'll ever bust a ProVari. And even if you don't break those other devices, they'll die on their own, and then they are paperweights. With either of your ProVaris, unless you destroy the whole tube (which is virtually impossible, even if you try), you can send it in for service and have it repaired.....in almost all circumstances for less than you paid for your SVD.

But hey, it's up to you. I work in a shop with massive fork trucks riding around (with idiots driving them :p) and massive machinery running. I bring my Mini with me every day. Granted, I avoid leaving it stupid places if I can, but breaking it really isn't something I worry about. I didn't spend a premium price for durability so I could just vape it while sitting on my couch.

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
My Provari goes everywhere with me because it can handle the rigors of daily use. My ZMax sits at home on my desk because I'm afraid I'm going to break it if I take it out and about. Nonetheless, I think I'd also be inclined to by a "disposable" unit for use in a particularly hostile environment.

lol im the same when fishing.

"oh crap there goes my 5 dollar ego clone thing, oh well glad i got a box of em"

Raynman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Marion In USA
If you fall 80' from a lift i doubt you'll be worried much about what pv breaks on landing.

T

I'll be in a harness with lanyard properly attached. Wait, what an idea a safety harness and lanyard for our mods. I top pocket carry and it could come out under many circumstances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread