Please help! Which coil is safe for Kangertech Topbox Nano?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drewskie1981

Jun 3, 2016
Hi! I'm new to vaping and was set up with the Kangertech topbox Nano and I'm having loads of trouble understanding which coil/battery combo is safest to use. I have two 18650 3.7v batteries. One of them is 3000mah and the other is 2500mah / max 40a. I put in a new 0.5 sub ohm coil and fired it up (with the 2500mah battery in) and fired it up at 28.0 w setting. The battery indicator on the screen flashed as if it was empty. I'm freaked out that it's going to explodenin my face. I also have a 1.5 occ coil that I smoke at 14-15 w but I don't feel like I get any hardly anything. Could someone kindly explain which coil I should be using with which battery? I'm sorry for my ignorance but the guy at the shop didn't explains any of this well at all. Thanks in advance!!

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
Did you fully charge your batteries before you started vaping?
The 2500mah is imren and the 3000mah is LG I think (it's plain brown)
Although both are 20A CDR cells, the LG HG2 is the better cell (if it is authentic).
Fake LG HG2's
Calculating Amp Draw

The resistance of your coil does not come into play when using a REGULATED mod. As long as the coils resistance falls within your mods specs, you are good to go. The power/wattage you vape at is what's important when using a REGULATED mod (as far as safety goes).

An authentic 20A CDR cell is safe to use up to 60 watts.
About Batteries

There are only a few battery manufacturers in the world who make their own "cells", including LG, Samsung, Sony, Panasonic & Sanyo.

All the other brands on the market buy the second and third tier cells from those manufacturers and re-wrap them under their own brand. These are "second and/or third tier cells" which did not meet the higher standards of the original manufacturer. In order to compete with the original manufacturers' batteries (first tier), these other companies feel obligated to publish specifications which are inflated to make them appear superior to those of the original manufacturer.

Do your research before you buy. Decide what battery to buy depending upon the application that you will use them. @Mooch has done independent testing of many of the batteries available to use; look for the results for the top batteries you are interested in in his blog.

BATTERIES - WHERE TO BUY

Only buy batteries from a reputable supplier (not ebay or Amazon) as there are many counterfeit batteries being sold. Here are several reputable battery suppliers in the US.
image-jpeg.555235

Last edited:
Reactions: Mooch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread