Please recommend a vaping device for me. Advanced one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bilbonetta

Jan 7, 2013
Ireland
Hi all,
Long time no see but for those who stumbled across my initial threads I gave up smokes early this year and I've been vaping for almost 4 months now, totally no desire for normal smokes for the entire period.

I've been using the ancient Ego-T batteries from the start. They are still hanging on but I now want something better. I am not a collector, so I would like to buy once something that will work for what it is intended for.

So, the question is which one? I'd ideally like a VV or VW device that is good quality and is consistent in performance.

Is this a Provari? Or what are my other options? I know this must have been asked many times and I've been looking at Provari's but certainly there are tons of other devices by now that are as good maybe?
And if the recommendation is still a Provari, then what size considering I don't want to be swapping batteries every 3 hrs or so...
I love the passthrough option on the Ego-T, no worries at least at home but that's not important if the batteries last long enough between charging or are easy to swap.

And I wouldn't mind someone recommending a good automizer/clearomizer. I am sick of the Kanger T3, that thing loves to leak on top of my battery, although I've specialized in cleaning it well and it lasts for ages. I'd prever something without cartos because I am so lazy...:blink:

P.S. Just got today the Innokin iClear 30 and so far so good but with my Ego-T battery I am probably not using it to the optimum.

Thanks a million!!!

steelshoe552

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2013
puyallup, wa 98374
I love my volcano lavatube version 2. It takes 18650 rechargeable batteries. I have two batteries for mine. I vape non stop from the moment I wake up till I go to sleep...often fall asleep while im still vaping lol. Change the battery every 24 to 36 hrs. Its pretty bulky though and I know that can be a turn off. Its vv with a battery volt reader and an ohm reading. Very simple and quick to work with. Thats just me, still here great things about provari though.

DrillRX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2013
California, USA
Hi all,
Long time no see but for those who stumbled across my initial threads I gave up smokes early this year and I've been vaping for almost 4 months now, totally no desire for normal smokes for the entire period.

I've been using the ancient Ego-T batteries from the start. They are still hanging on but I now want something better. I am not a collector, so I would like to buy once something that will work for what it is intended for.

So, the question is which one? I'd ideally like a VV or VW device that is good quality and is consistent in performance.

Is this a Provari? Or what are my other options? I know this must have been asked many times and I've been looking at Provari's but certainly there are tons of other devices by now that are as good maybe?
And if the recommendation is still a Provari, then what size considering I don't want to be swapping batteries every 3 hrs or so...
I love the passthrough option on the Ego-T, no worries at least at home but that's not important if the batteries last long enough between charging or are easy to swap.

And I wouldn't mind someone recommending a good automizer/clearomizer. I am sick of the Kanger T3, that thing loves to leak on top of my battery, although I've specialized in cleaning it well and it lasts for ages. I'd prever something without cartos because I am so lazy...:blink:

P.S. Just got today the Innokin iClear 30 and so far so good but with my Ego-T battery I am probably not using it to the optimum.

Thanks a million!!!

Vamo VV, Terminator Atty (odysseus clone) unless you can get your hands on a real one.

lewmaster

Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Zim Town
I have a provari and a reo, and the reo is cool, but it's really not even close. The Provari is as good as it gets - if you want something that works flawlessly and will last, that is the way to go. I use the extension cap with 18650s and it's pretty much perfect. You could try to save money and get a similar Chinese mod but you will probably still end up wishing you had a Provari.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I'd recommend a cartotank as a juice delivery device. A slight learning curve is involved compared to the string-wicked devices like a clearo or vivi nova tank. Not position dependent, arguably the best flavor producing. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blogs/baditude/3710-5-cartomizer-tank-setup.html

Other juice delivery devices: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...k-what-primer-juice-delivery-attachments.html

If you can reasonably afford a Provari, you'll be hard pressed to find a more dependable, more consistant, or more durable PV for the long term. Made here in the USA, the manufacturer will service the Provari for as long as you own it. The Chinese-made clones can't come close to the manufacturing quality or the service. After their short warranty, if they break or fail to function, consider them a disposable. Buy a Provari once, cry once, never regret it.

mmikee

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 26, 2012
st louis
I have a Zmax, Vamo, vv gripper, and twists. I also just ordered my first Provari. I have enjoyed all of the listed mods. I have had the Zmax for 5+ months and it has been fantastic. I think any of these mods could work for you. It really depends on where you are in your vaping journey, what you can currently afford, etc.
Good luck.
Oh, and a shameless plug for carto tanks.:p

bilbonetta

Jan 7, 2013
Ireland
Thank you all for the suggestions and quick responses. The information is overwhelming so I just dived into researching based on all your recommendations...:facepalm: :p
I am located in Europe. The warranty they provide for a Provari if I buy from here is just one year. I am a little bit worried that if the Provari breaks after that, I can't repair it here. At least I couldn't find info if they do repair them.
My other option is purchase directly from the US, opting for the extra year too, but then if anything happens, I'll be waiting for months.

So battery wise so far I gather the better options I need to reasearch are?

Provari
lavatube version 2
Vamo VV
Zmax(Smoktech or Sigelei?)

I'll review the juice delivery devices separately too.

Thank you so much.

Satava

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2013
Cleveland, Ohio
I'll throw in my best advice here- take it or leave it.

Vamo V2 VV/VW - Stainless (Got mine from DiscountVapers.com)
the Vamo has one of the highest power outputs available. Stainless is a very resilient finish compared to the chrome/gunmetal.

Smoktech Natural Mechanical (LiteCigUSA.net has them in stock fairly priced)
a rather inexpensive mechanical mod that uses the same batteries as the Vamo. Not a bad looking device either.

AGA-T+/T2 Genesis Atomizer (Got mine from DiscountVapers.com)
a very versatile genesis atomizer, looks absolutely amazing on the Vamo. Get the "Horn" drip tip from DV for a neat looking topper.

IGO-L Dripping Atomizer (Again, DiscountVapers.com)
a powerful little monster, easy to set up, inexpensive, goes good with the same Horn tip or anything else you can find for it.

6"x12" #500 SS Mesh (SteamMonkey.com has the best prices I've found)
To make wicks for your genesis atty.

Braided Silica Wick (RTDVapor.com has the best quality wick of any US supplier)
To make wicks for your dripping atty.

Panasonic Hybrid/IMR CGR18650CH (RTDVapor.com)
Probably one of the better 18650 batteries available (Long Mode on both Vamo and Natural) Slightly higher capacity of any 18650 high drain.

Efest (800mah) or AW (700mah) IMR 18350 Flat Top (RTDVapor.com)
Both will get the job done in shorty mode on both devices (Most people swear by AW on this forum)

Nitecore i2 charger (RTDVapor.com)
A no-fuss protected smart battery charger. Won't overcharge your batteries, can handle mixing batteries. Will handle short and long at the same time without needing spacers.

Kanthal A-1 30awg Resistance Wire (TemcoIndustrialPower.com)
For making coils to use with a Vamo (VV/VW)

Kanthal A-1 28awg Resistance Wire (TemcoIndustrialPower.com)
For making coils to use with a Natural (Mechanical)

Hope this helps, and I'll be blogging this entry to point other new users at a list of inexpensive suggestions. All in all you can set this whole thing up for less than the cost of a ProVari.

Edit: Didn't realize you were in EU, not sure which of the listed suppliers will ship there, but at the very least you have a decent shopping list / research list.

Ferrel1134

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2012
St. Paul mn
I own a evic. Then a week and a half ago I got a provari. The provari is way better IMO. Battery life 50+ hrs and I'm a med to heavy vaper. No idea how it lasts that long. I'm using the 18650 battery's. that has something to do with it. Or I got mutant battery's. the size is a tad smaller than my evic but it has nice weight to it. It's built like a tank and the build is way better than any mod I've ever used. The vape is more lush with it. As for delivery devices I'm a kanger mt3 fanboy. No leaks no fuss great draw. I know you don't like them but I can't recommend anything eles sorry. Welcome to ecf.

Satava

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2013
Cleveland, Ohio
I own a evic. Then a week and a half ago I got a provari. The provari is way better IMO. Battery life 50+ hrs and I'm a med to heavy vaper. No idea how it lasts that long. I'm using the 18650 battery's. that has something to do with it. Or I got mutant battery's. the size is a tad smaller than my evic but it has nice weight to it. It's built like a tank and the build is way better than any mod I've ever used. The vape is more lush with it. As for delivery devices I'm a kanger mt3 fanboy. No leaks no fuss great draw. I know you don't like them but I can't recommend anything eles sorry. Welcome to ecf.

You're probably not vaping a 1.2-1.4 ohm gensis @ 12watts ;)

bilbonetta

Jan 7, 2013
Ireland
Edit: Didn't realize you were in EU, not sure which of the listed suppliers will ship there, but at the very least you have a decent shopping list / research list.

No worries. I can still find them here when knowing what to search for. Thanks for the detailed information.

P.S. The Kanger is ok, but mine leak all the time and I constantly have a tissue in my pocket when it starts gurgling, which is often!!! Is there a trick to stop it? I even tried putting more/less wick, etc..but once I go halfway through the juice, it leaks. Some leak less than others.

Oktyabr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2009
Next to the ocean, WA
oktyabr.wordpress.com
The Mesh company is in the UK and has the best prices on at least SS mesh I've seen anywhere (I order from them and I'm in the 'states!) They've started stocking kanthal wire too:

The Mesh Company: Online Shop for Woven, Knitted and Perforated Mesh for Art, Craft, Floristry, Modelling and Engineering

Gotta throw my hat in the ring for the Vamo as well. It has absolutely no competition for "best bang for the buck". You can buy two of them for the price of most similar APVs, or five or six of them for the price of a ProV. VV *and* VW, excellent ergonomics, ease of use and flexibility for different battery configurations right out of the box (no extra extension tubes to buy). Throw in the 5 amp switch, higher than any other VV/VW mod on the market at any price (as far as I know... feel free to correct me), and a variety of colors and finishes (the painted ones are just starting to show up in the USA) they are a tremendous value that will run *anything* above 1.2 ohms that you can screw on to it, this side of a high wattage purely mechanical configuration.

Love the advice for the AGA family of RBAs, maybe even an AGI. The IGO-L is high on my "must buy soon" list and probably worth taking a look at if you are into drippers.

corey5188

ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2013
Liberty, MO
Get the provari and be done with your quest for mods! You'll be happier, and it may actually save you money down the road. Chances are, you always be wondering "would the provari have been a better mod?" Then you may cave and buy one, realizing that its the end all to mods, but having spent x amount of money on other mods prior. The 18650 batteries will last you more than a day, even under heavy vaping. You may not even need that big a battery. I have the mini and use the standard 18350's from AW, and I get about 7-8 hours through the day before needing to change it out. To me, the inconvenience of having the change out the batteries once a day is much less than carrying around a huge sex-toy sized mod.

As for tanks, clearos are nice, I like the mini nova, and the protank (I just got one today and I am LOOOVING IT). Everybody is different though, what some people love others will loath, so its up to YOU to decide what YOU like. Kinda the beauty of the hobby though.... But im talking about the upper part of the gear here (tanks and such), the mod part, handsdown, PROVARI!

Kanj.nguyen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
Princeton, NJ
Satava put up a very nice list indeed.

Now, let me make some deduction here. You said you are not a collector and want something that just works. I assume from that that you would like a long lasting, consistent device.

Then, the combo you want is a mechanical mod and a rebuildable atomizer. Since neither has electronic circuitry in them, they simply wont break (unless, you know, you take a hammer to it or something).

This requires a bit of learning, but is so cheap and the vape is so top of the line that it is worth it. I am also one of the people against getting Provaries, so let me make a comparison: i have 2 RBA-mech setups, both of which vape brilliantly, 4 high quality Panasonic 18650 batteries, and enough rebuilding supplies to last a few years. And all of THAT, is less than the cost of a single Provari.

Instead of wondering what a miracle a Provari would have been, im actually so glad i never bought one.

Not trying to start another Provari flame, and lets not hijack the thread if one does come. If you have a problem with my opinions, you know what to do.

Last edited:

bilbonetta

Jan 7, 2013
Ireland
Ok, so after going through the thread several times re-reading and trying to assimilate the info, I am inclined to try the Vamo V2 VV/VW and then choose a rebuildable automizer to try out my skills(not gone into researching yet for this part). Maybe one day I'll get a mechanical one too(I said I am not a collector :facepalm:)
I found the stainless steel version Vamo pretty cheap so I think it's worth a try but the few online shops I came across are out of both the batteries and charger so I am stuck and now getting really impatient after all this wonderful information:p

Anyway, are these the batteries you would recommend? I understand I can use the Vamo with one, or two 18350 or alternatively 1x18650? Is it worth getting the 18650 single one, or can I stick to several 18350?

AW 18350 IMR High Drain Battery
and this:
AW IMR 18650 - 2000 mAh High Drain Battery

And charger:
Sysmax Nitecore i2 Charger

For attys, these are the suggestions from you guys and girls:

cartotank
terminator atty
Kanger Pro
Aga T+
Igo L

From the shop where I can buy the Vamo they have these rebuildables below. Does anyone have any more recommendations in regards to this before I bite the bullet and place my order(I am definately lacking patience :) )

Rebuildable Atomizers Ireland - Galway - The Best Shop Limited

Oktyabr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2009
Next to the ocean, WA
oktyabr.wordpress.com
Ok, so after going through the thread several times re-reading and trying to assimilate the info, I am inclined to try the Vamo V2 VV/VW and then choose a rebuildable automizer to try out my skills(not gone into researching yet for this part). Maybe one day I'll get a mechanical one too(I said I am not a collector :facepalm:)
I found the stainless steel version Vamo pretty cheap so I think it's worth a try but the few online shops I came across are out of both the batteries and charger so I am stuck and now getting really impatient after all this wonderful information:p

Anyway, are these the batteries you would recommend? I understand I can use the Vamo with one, or two 18350 or alternatively 1x18650? Is it worth getting the 18650 single one, or can I stick to several 18350?

AW 18350 IMR High Drain Battery
and this:
AW IMR 18650 - 2000 mAh High Drain Battery

And charger:
Sysmax Nitecore i2 Charger

For attys, these are the suggestions from you guys and girls:

cartotank
terminator atty
Kanger Pro
Aga T+
Igo L

From the shop where I can buy the Vamo they have these rebuildables below. Does anyone have any more recommendations in regards to this before I bite the bullet and place my order(I am definately lacking patience :) )

Rebuildable Atomizers Ireland - Galway - The Best Shop Limited

Vamo looks like a good price there. I run mine constantly in 18650 mode. MUCH shorter (and shorter battery charge life) in 18350 mode. Stacked 18350's are generally inadvisable as they involve extra care and extra risk. AW is good, eFest is usually the next brand down the line but for that much less I think I would personally go after a few of the eFest! I have Panasonic CGR18650CH but would buy those eFest 18650's without hesitation.

Efest IMR18650 Li-Mn Battery

The Nitecore is a great charger. There is the exact same one under the brand "Sysmax" if you can't find the Nitecore in stock. I have the four bay version. Be sure you find the "V2" model, with the yellow tag (the white tag V1 version had some minor issues that have been resolved in the V2). We have a old saying around ECF that goes something like "Never buy anything with 'fire' in the name." That goes for batteries AND chargers. YMMV.

RBAs? The RSST is highly desired by some now in the states and sold out almost everywhere. This is intended to be a great RBA, especially for beginners, but limits you to fewer choices in wick arrangements as well. The AGA-T+ *becomes* an AGA-T2 when you use the optional pyrex tank in place of the included plastic one. The pyrex may be desirable if you decide to vape some of the more plastic-hostile juices like cinnamon, licorice, and many of the citrus based ones.

The IGO-L is probably one of the finest dripping atomizers you can buy for the money. I'm ordering one or two of them for myself today. The "Phoenix" style is an older design that has been around for quite awhile because it's simple to work on (designed for silica wicks, not stainless steel), affordable, and for the most part they work very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread