Please share! When exactly did you start to notice health benefits of not smoking and what were those benefits?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buggainok

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2014
oklahoma city ok usa
Love to hear all the good stuff. We have 3 people in my home. My boyfriend, his 24 year old son and me. We all smoke. I am in the process of quitting....so those nasty ashtrays and the SMELL OMG! I guess I will still be dealing with it, but I am noticing I am becoming less and less tolerant of it!

Yes, I hate to tell you, but tolerant may become your middle name. I've been married forever to a really sweet nice man. He is older than I am, and developed COPD about 10 years ago and quit smoking cold turkey. He takes meds and uses an inhaler and does pretty well, considering.

It pains me to say this, because I should have been considerate enough of him, to quit when he did. I did not, and kept on smoking all these years. I didn't even go outside to smoke, just made a half-hearted effort not to smoke when I was right in the same room with him.

In all that time, he never, ever nagged me about my smoking. Like I said, he is a keeper, really nice and sweet to me. That is a true lesson in tolerance that I am trying to remember when I am around people who are still smoking. They could easily be me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread