Please suggest a rich, creamy, sweet recipe....

Status
Not open for further replies.

tencentcat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2010
denton tx
I very much liked the TPA PB, but I ran through the small bottle before I came to a GREAT recipe. I think I got it up to 10% and the flavor was good, but not as intense as I would like, thinking next time I'll shoot for 15%. Perhaps 15% PB with some chocolate or cream?

I need to do some shopping...
Would you mind sharing your TPA Peanut Butter recipe? I just got a sample and haven't dug in to it yet.

hildicat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2011
SoCal
Would you mind sharing your TPA Peanut Butter recipe? I just got a sample and haven't dug in to it yet.

My latest incarnation is something like this...

15% PB
5% Vanilla bean ice cream
3% EM
2% caramel

Its still not quite where I want it. The peanut is there, but its still a little dry. I might try upping the caramel a bit and swapping the VBIC for some Bavarian Cream.

hildicat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2011
SoCal
Oh yeah. If it has Bavarian Creme in it you're going to like it. I'd search for recommendations on the best Bavarian Creme out there. Stay away from chocolate, it belongs in the coffee or tobacco line up IMO not desert.

I'm starting to feel the same way about chocolates. I've tried the double choc, both regular and clear and they all taste mostly burnt. Funny, the odor is spot on, but the flavor and mouth feel isn't what I expected. I want the sensation of eating a nice truffle, or even a Hershey bar, but I either get no flavor, or a sort of burnt ashy taste. I'm ready to move on, got some Dulce de Leche on the way as well. Hoping that does the trick!

Oh, almost forgot. I've also got banana cream coming as well and would love to hear your thoughts on that one as well. All TPA of course.

~Sue~Feb2012

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2012
USA
I have trouble with some of Capella's flavors too so still working on those. I must get the Peanut Butter as I've heard it's a good one.

FlavourArt has some nice cream flavors as well as FlavorWest and Natures Flavors. <<<(I just recently bought all of these and still experimenting.)
I've come up with a nice sweet vape using Natures Flavors Cookie and Marshmallow with just a drop of Loran's Amaretto, and then added FlavorWest's Cookies & Cream and some of their Sweet Cream.
Dear god I felt like I must have a cavity and got a toothache after vaping it :p
I haven't fine tuned the recipe as far as percentages though (sorry). These flavors all came in handy dropper bottles so I find myself putting a few drops of each, mix it up and vape! :p

Sandiej02

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2010
California Coast
www.artbysandie.com
My latest incarnation is something like this...

15% PB
5% Vanilla bean ice cream
3% EM
2% caramel

Its still not quite where I want it. The peanut is there, but its still a little dry. I might try upping the caramel a bit and swapping the VBIC for some Bavarian Cream.

I make this one ... and it's very good :)

15% Peanut Butter (Capella's)
3% Marshmallow
2% Vanilla Custard
2% Cotton Candy

Sweet, smooth and creamy.

Your recipe sounds good, too! Maybe add some MM, and yes, I'd change it Bav Cream (or VCustard) IMO. :)

Levitas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2011
Saint Louis
Got some apple pie en route to me as I write this. What percentage would you suggest?

Try the FA Apple Pie at 5%. Most excellent.

5% is a great starting point.

I'm starting to feel the same way about chocolates. I've tried the double choc, both regular and clear and they all taste mostly burnt. Funny, the odor is spot on, but the flavor and mouth feel isn't what I expected. I want the sensation of eating a nice truffle, or even a Hershey bar, but I either get no flavor, or a sort of burnt ashy taste.

You feel my woes. I have been on the search since I started doing this. I've had some vendor juices, one in particular, that nailed milk chocolate. I thought I had it with the Double dutch (FW), but it was a false alarm, as it too started tasting burnt :/

Milk chocolate/chocolate tastes like artificial caramel when mixed with a fruit (to me), odd, I know.

The best chocolate I've found, is Capella's Chocolate fudge brownie. Alas, though it is good, it doesn't really work well with everything that I wanted it to. My goal, ultimately, is to find that perfect milk chocolate to make chocolate covered <insert fruit>, especially strawberry and apple. If I ever hit gold, I'll be sure to share.

hildicat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2011
SoCal
I think I may have found a winner in the creamy/sweet category. Just got some TPA Banana Cream yesterday. Mixed it @ 12% with 5% EM and did a quick shake and hot bath power steep. After 30min I couldn't wait any more and dripped a bit. WOW! This stuff really hits the spot. I'm nearly done with my 5ml tester I made. Not sure how a longer rest may affect the flavor but I would imagine it could only get better. Creamy and smooth, with a banana pudding flavor. I'm going to try making some blends with other flavors to see what else I can come up with, but its great on its own.

On another note, I also got some of the apple pie flavor and mixed a test batch @ 5% with some EM. It also tasted good right off the bat, but I got so into the banana that I haven't checked it again. I'm thinking of adding some vanilla bean ice cream to the apply pie for what I hope to call A Al Mode!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread