Please suggest a tank system for a non-builder, best flavor and least issues (flooding, gurgling)

Status
Not open for further replies.

firephly

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2013
CA
I've been a protank user for almost 2 years now. I have tried rebuilding but I just like the convenience of pre-made coils, for now anyway. My protank has been gurgling and flooding all the time and also the lack of flavor sucks. Please suggest the best flavor, least hassle, most reliable tank I can get, thanks! (I also use an istick 30).

To summarize:

I want:

1. Great flavor
2. An airy draw
3. Easy to refill

Don't want:

1. Vapor that is too hot
2. Flooding, gurgling, leaking
3. Not concerned about massive clouds, just flavor

coolerat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2015
Verona,NY
Subtank Mini is a rock solid performer.

With the 1.2Ω coils flavor is good. The .5Ω give me much better flavor but the 1.2's are also good.

Cloudz would depend on the juice and power. Its not a cloud chucker in general but it can be at 50w. At 20 she's a kitten.

Metal drip tips give me a hot vape. As does restricted airflow. Open up the air and put on a stone DT and I get a nice cool vape. I also have a STM set up for TC which is a VERY cool vape.

MsLoud

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 16, 2013
GS Air - comes in a variety of sizes (16.5mm, 19mm, 22mm) prebuilt coils are divine and can be rebuilt if so you desire. Cost is cheap for both tanks and coils compared. Have a look at Sweet-Vapes - they show all the available tanks!

Enjoy :)

Just a note: The GS Air are made by Eleaf to go with the isticks so they would be a perfect match!

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
I'm leaning to the nautilus, do i get the BVC one then?

I was think nautilus too.
As for coils, why not try all of them.
That's the benefit of having different types of coils. Instead of having several different tanks, you can just have one or one type of tank, and a selection of coils.

Captain Pegleg

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2015
Arkansas
I've been using the arctic tank from horizon tank. it's absolutely the most hassle free tank I've used. using the .5 ohm coils is not too hot. A lot of people say you need to use crazy high watts but I've been happy with 18w with the .5 ohms. it's got great airflow as well.

Yes, Horizon Arctic. They are on sale on some sites right now, too! Amazing. So airy you can breathe through it, absolutely no leaking with any juice ratio, flavor is good. I only use the 0.5 coils, 30 watts is plenty for me, nice and cool.

Oh and refilling, you can actually leave the base on your mod, turn it upside down to take the tank off then sit your mod down rightside up and no mess. Very easy to refill.

kaahn

ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2015
Eastern NC
I'm leaning to the nautilus, do i get the BVC one then?
Yes bvc coils. They work both in the regular 5ml nautilus and the mini 2.5ml. I used the 1.5 ohm coils running about 12 watts. You'll want to prime the coils before install. A dab of juice on each wick hole and three down the center. Fill the tank then assemble. Let the tank sit about 5 minutes then a couple of primer pulls without firing. Start wattage at about 8 on second air flow hole and slowly inch up to your desired wattage. If the tank floods/gurgles and you get juice in your mouth take the tank off wrap in a papertowel and sling it three or four times real hard with the mouthpiece facing outward. Wipe off excess juice and put back on your mod and you'll be golden. Works everytime for a flooded nautilus. I've found with the Nautilus that you just about have to flood it when installing a new coils. It just seemed to work better for me in getting the coil well primed and not burn the coil up. Been a while since I've used it though. I've since moved on to rebuildable tanks and drippers. Good luck! If you have any problems just chime in back here and tag me like this @firephly

Reactions: Baditude

Captain Pegleg

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2015
Arkansas
I was think nautilus too.
As for coils, why not try all of them.
That's the benefit of having different types of coils. Instead of having several different tanks, you can just have one or one type of tank, and a selection of coils.

Searched this forum "nautilus leaking": 29 pages of results
Search Results for Query: Nautilus leaking | E-Cigarette Forum

Horizom Arctic: 2 pages, some posts saying "arctic NOT leaking" Search Results for Query: Arctic leaking | E-Cigarette Forum

Reactions: edyle

KODIAK (C)

Moved On
Aug 17, 2015
Dead Moose, AK.
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Multiple identities are not permitted on ECF

misterholidayhouse

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 13, 2013
Central Oregon
Another vote for the Nautilus. For me it was the perfect transition from Protanks, which I also used for over two years. I have four Nautilus Minis and I have never had a flooding issue unless I am at the end of the life of the coil. About two weeks on my heaviest used coils at 4-6ml per day. I have never had a leak. Never. I'm just fine with 10 watts as I still use high PG 12mg liquids. Great little vape. I still have four boxes of Protank coils and just can't go back. The performance and flavor is just that much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread