Please suggest a tank system for a non-builder, best flavor and least issues (flooding, gurgling)

Status
Not open for further replies.

choochoogranny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2013
chattanooga, tn, usa
After two yrs., I still use my ProTank 2's and Davides...... Albeit, using an airflow controller and my own 30 gauge, cellu cotton coils at 1.5 to 1.8 ohms. Get as good a taste from them as from the Nautilus (both sizes) and now the Subtank mini. Am a definite "cool vaper". Do go through a whole lot more juice with the Nauti's and Subtank. Do not have the ability to make vertical coils for the Nauti's and still trying to "get it right" on the Subtank. Meanwhile, I have my trusty ProTanks/Davides while I sort my difficulties out. :)

Reactions: ENAUD

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
I've been a protank user for almost 2 years now. I have tried rebuilding but I just like the convenience of pre-made coils, for now anyway. My protank has been gurgling and flooding all the time and also the lack of flavor sucks. Please suggest the best flavor, least hassle, most reliable tank I can get, thanks! (I also use an istick 30).

To summarize:

I want:

1. Great flavor
2. An airy draw
3. Easy to refill

Don't want:

1. Vapor that is too hot
2. Flooding, gurgling, leaking
3. Not concerned about massive clouds, just flavor

I'm with @choochoogranny - I LOVE my PT2s, but I have the airflow bases with all of them. Mt. Baker has the V3 bases (much better IMHO than the V1 bases, of which I have a couple)

I do rebuild my own coils, wicked with cotton, but I think there's a new version offered by Kanger that's wicked with cotton rather than silica.

I think I've only had a PT2 gurgle or leak once or twice. One time was because I'd loaded a head without a wick :shock:

I also like my Nautilus tanks. Now that I have the newer coils, and have learned to prime them properly, they're pretty amazing. Only time these gurgle is when they're too low, or I don't have the power adjusted properly (i.e. running too cool)

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I've used the Aspire Nautilus myself, and highly recommend it.

I've not used the Aspire Atlantis, but my sister uses one and likes it. It only comes with a 0.5 ohm factory-made coil, but since you're using a regulated high wattage iStick 30 (which she uses too) it can be adjusted to your vaping preference.

As has been said, leaking and gurgling is generally caused from user error or faulty O-rings/insulators. Any device which contains e-liquid has the "potential" to leak. Clearomizer tanks which have air flow control are superior to those without it.

Reactions: firephly

FloGrown

Aug 6, 2015
Dito on the Eleaf GS series... Havent tried the gs air but have GS16s- super shorty which they have larger too. Not a HUGE vapor producer but great for daily use since doesnt hog juice and really does have awesome flavor (had some others that a lot of the flavor was lost/muted) Best of all, cheap- GS16's are less than $10 and 5pk coils 1.6 or 1.8 are about same. Havent had ANY probs w/ leaking, gurgling, dry hits; even dropped on concrete-twice and still works perfect :)

Reactions: firephly
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread