Pluid is back in stock! Should I get some?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sigmus9

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2013
Texas
I noticed that madmurdock has replenished his stock but $25 after shipping for a black liquorish vape sounds quite steep for something I might hate! Whats the verdict? I thought it was supposed to be $20 shipped which I was willing to gamble on but once you hit me up for about a dollar per ml I'm wondering why so much???

kbf101998

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2013
Brentwood, Tn, USA
Personally I love Pluid. It is a licorice flavor but has a citrus note that makes it really different from most other anise or licorice flavors. I find it a really good one to rotate on a daily basis. A little sweeter than most of my other liquids. I do like it mixed with Mellow Malange for a different take. To me it is worth the price.

I did recommend it to my cousin who said she liked licorice--she sent it to me and said she thought she was vaping Nyquil--so everyone is different.

Dustmight

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2013
Detroit, MI USA
If you're not sure if this type of flavor is for you, I'd try "Magic Fairy" by Good Life Vapor first. It's very similar but with a bit less anise (black licorice) flavor. You can get smaller quantities and can get a sense for that kind of vape. I know a few people who bought Pluid due to the hype, then end up trading it away or have 19.5mls laying around.

firephly

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2013
CA
i like two licorices, blackbird and raven by smokelesssmoking.com but they have other flavors mixed in.

i considered pluid but then someone said it was like jagermeister, ew i hate jag!

if you like jagermeister it might be for you. at the very least you could probably sell or trade it if you don't since it has a fanatical following. if you're gonna get it, do it soon though, it sold out last time in a matter of hours it seemed.

i liked maha ras, because it's very unique, berries & incense kinda, but i don't find myself vaping it much. didn't care for mellow melange at all it was like old orange juice in the fridge for too long watered down and gone bad kinda, :2c:

i don't see much about the 710

here's some reviews of his stuff https://www.google.com/search?q=mad...s=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

Last edited:

duby1622

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2013
United States
I love anise, and i love strong flavors, but Pluid is way too intense for me. Not only can i not vape it straight up, but it basically ruined one of my protanks. It is so strong, even after a 24 hour soak in rubbing alcohol, there was enough flavor stuck in the o-rings to flavor whatever i put in the tank.

That being said, one of my ADVs is Mellow Melange mixed with Pluid (around 5ml MM to 1ml Pluid).

As far as Mad Murdocks other flavors, I did not like Mellow Melange by itself. 710 was good, but nothing to write home about (if you like the kind of waxy chocolate flavor of a hostess cupcake/ding dong you might like it). Maha Ras tastes just like a headshop smells right out of the mail, but after letting it steep an additional 4-5 weeks it mellows, and i vaped it almost all day today. Agent Orange is a nice unsweet orangey/apricot/citrusy flavor, but has a floral (orange blossom?) note that i think will mellow in time like Maha Ras did. I am really looking forward to trying it in another month or so.

They are not in stock often, and all IMO worth a try. Its too bad they don't have more options in terms of sizes and nic strength. If you don't end up enjoying them, they should be fairly easy to get rid of in the classifieds.

Last edited:

Dustmight

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2013
Detroit, MI USA
You've got a taker here if it doesn't pan out to your liking. :)

I ordered some Maha Ras because it was in stock. This line of juices gets talked about like its a unicorn or something, and the Maha Ras sounded closest to what I'd like.
I figure, if I don't like it, maybe I'll post it in the classies or something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BernieVideo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
NoHo El Lay CA
I got some Mellow Melange included with a mod I bought here on the classifieds. I didn't know anything about it. Tried it. It surprised me! At first I didn't know if I liked it. A mix of orange and, what? Clove? But now it is a favorite. I Vape it everyday.

In doing research on the Mad Murdocks line, of course I read about Pluid and the magic mixture of Pluid and MM. So I ordered more MM and some Pluid.

I filled a tank full of Pluid. I like it, but it is intense! I can only Vape it for 30 min and then I am done.

I did make a 50/50 mix of MM and Pluid, let it sit for a week and today I tried it. YUMMY! Been Vaping it for hours.
It really did bring out a bunch of hidden flavors of both.

I think my next mix will be a little more tilted towards the MM. Then I think it will be perfect.

Tapatalking with my thumbs.
Join the CASAA.
Protect your Vaping Rights!

SteelerFan

ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2013
CigFreeLand
@ the op..
You love anise? Licorice? Then this is for you.
Is it a little on the pricey side? Certainly.
I buy it because I like it and I have yet to see one diy that even comes close. If I were you I'd find me some anise oil flavoring and take a dab on the tongue. You'll get a good idea of what you are about to lay down $25 on if you can picture some citrusy and sweet subtle notes with anise oil taste...

On a side note and not necessarily having to do with what the op asked. I ordered up my stash of green juice as usual and was feeling adventurous. I went ahead and pulled the trigger on some Maha Ras. Let me tell you lol, that is definitely something different to say the least lol. The words incense, hippies, and psychedelic come to mind asap lol. At 9 mg its way too weak for my liking so I'm going to experiment with it a little before i write it off.

I'm on my iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread