Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Got an email on this, this am, seems they're trying to stay afloat.

from the link,

Mister-e-liquid, LLC has officially submitted Premarket tobacco Product Applications (PMTAs) for our MEL e-liquid product line for use in electronic nicotine delivery systems (ENDS) ahead of the September 9, 2020 deadline that applies to ENDS on the market as of August 8, 2016. Mister-e-liquid has spent multiple years and thousands of hours preparing these applications, following all guidelines set forth by the FDA, including studies showing the effect of the products on public health, testing for scientific data on every component or ingredient included in our product, in-depth description of all production processes, and a detailed review and plan of marketing efforts.

Mister-E-Liquid.com

FAAmecanic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2011
Crestview, FL
My 3.5 years working at a vape shop taught me that at least a reasonably large cross-section of local vapers felt ambivalent or disinterested in any kind of awareness regarding regs, and far fewer cared about activism. These were the same people who had families to support and worked hard every day so I am not trying to persecute them or declare they deserve to be “punished” for disbelieving the warnings, but at the same time, I am naturally curious about things I enjoy and if I am buying a juice and a coil once a week from a local B&M and they mentioned that it might get taken away, I would at least do a little cursory research to find out more about why.

And this is why our USG "representatives" feel so empowered to do whatever the hell they want. People are ill-informed due to a one sided, biased, lazy mass media that isnt interested in facts but only in sensationalizing news (not a political statement, just a statement of fact), or because people are lazy and just dont care. Lots of reasons here...like you said they are worried about just living, too busy to care..etc

I have many vaper friends that just dont give a s**t about regulations or even if vaping is banned. Most of them have quit cigs and a lot of them have ramped down their nic intake to 3mg or 0mg..so their attitude is "so what...Ill just not vape". I got infuriated with more than one of them and said "thats GREAT you quit smoking...shouldn't others have the same option"... so frustrating!

low_tar_neil

ECF Tea-boy, Vaping.com guy
Admin
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 20, 2008
    www.vaping.com

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    it's going to take the FDA a year just to come up with the list of who has applied for what!

Yeah... Seeing that it took them 3 Years to present a Final PMTA Guidance, something they said would be done in 90 Days, I imagine it is going to take awhile for the FDA/CTP to figure out what is Going On.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    6d0a6b8d-e10b-4dda-b414-d58532ae86f1.jpeg

Here at Vape Craft, we're committed to being around for the long haul. That means ensuring we're completely compliant with all federal and state regulations to ensure we can continue to provide our customers with quality products for years to come.

We're sure you've been wondering if we're submitting for PMTA and the answer is a resounding "YES" We held off on any announcement in the event the deadline was pushed, but as of today we have submitted over 200 SKU's for approval. All your favorites such as True Gold, Green Jacket, Raspberry Ice, and OMG so Good (plus many many more) will continue to be available for the foreseeable future. Additionally we stocked up on all our products prior to this date to ensure you won't have to see a decrease in great flavors and hardware in the near future.

None of this would be possible without the years of the love and support . When we first heard the news of FDA submissions back in 2015 the task and cost of getting even one product through seemed daunting, but we worked hard to rise to the challenge over 5 years. We look forward to working with any regulatory bodies to continue to do everything we can to remain available and accessible to you, our customers, and family.

Sincerely,
    Vape Craft Inc.

Last edited:

Boodaddy

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 2, 2016
    Ohio
    What's frustrating is this will only open the door for a black market in CHINA. Nothing wrong with ordering from China, but when we lose 1000's of jobs here it sucks. If I have to order a mod labeled a flashlight no worries, but the people losing income from this is not the American way.

I wish Trump had people that had more influence with him on this. The FDA needs to be investigated on some of the crap they approve. Just look up how Aspartame is made. (The feces of genetically modified E. coli bacteria) but hey that's O Freakin K, and enjoy your diet soda :banana:

Katya

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal
    From the VTA--FYI:

This is a BIG DAY for the vapor technology industry. The day that so many said could not come has arrived. And, just like with every other deadline imposed by the FDA, the vapor industry has stepped up to the task.

Once thought impossible, already reports are coming in of many manufacturers filing their Pre-Market Tobacco Applications (PMTAs) covering what is sure to be thousands of products. Congratulations to all those companies who dug in, did the hard work, gathered the science and submitted their PMTAs by the deadline. Yes, companies had to make some tough decisions along the way, but that was always expected as we headed into the final phase of the Deeming Regulation.

Last week, the FDA confirmed it will take each applicant's individual circumstances into account during the review process. To be sure, FDA already has been quickly replying to early applicants and issuing initial acceptance letters accepting applications for a variety of products.

While this may feel like a finish line, it is really only the beginning of an ongoing process with FDA as CTP reviews each application submitted and engages with further questions of the applicants.

VTA will continue our existing dialogue with FDA to strongly advocate for our members participating in the process. To that end, the process rolls out as follows:

Phase 1: Administrative Review. FDA initially reviews the application to make sure that basic requirements are in the application, it is in English, it includes required contact information and that it contains product identifying information. If these basic elements are included, a company should receive a letter from FDA accepting their application for further action. If not, FDA will send a “refuse to accept” letter.

Phase 2: Filing. FDA engages in a preliminary scientific review to make sure that everything required by the statute is included, such as health risk data, HPHC studies, descriptions of components, ingredients, additives, and principles of operation, description of facility controls, manufacturing, etc. If FDA finds these elements, a company will receive a letter accepting the application for filing. If not, FDA will send a “refuse to file” letter.

Phase 3: Substantive Review: This is FDA’s full-blown evaluation of all the science and data presented in each application. FDA will take recommendations from TPSAC and will engage with the applicant with questions. This process could take up to 12 months and during this time FDA may send the applicant a deficiency letter, giving them 90 days to provide missing or deficient information. If FDA has made a scientific decision to issue a marketing order, FDA will send an environmental information request letter before it can issue a final marketing order. Otherwise, FDA will send a “no marketing order” letter.

Phase 4: Post Marketing Reporting. As part of its approval process, FDA may require that the sale and distribution of your product is restricted (i.e., to protect kids). Or FDA may require the applicant to establish and maintain certain records and make certain reports available to FDA. Post market reports will vary based on submission and may include a requirement that the applicant engages in serious or unexpected adverse experience reporting or any manufacturing deviations.

VTA’s full, in-depth analysis summarizing the important developments for those impacted by the PMTA deadline, particularly as it relates to FDA’s enforcement now that the PMTA deadline has been reached, can be found here.

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    I wish Trump had people that had more influence with him on this. The FDA needs to be investigated on some of the crap they approve. Just look up how Aspartame is made. (The feces of genetically modified E. coli bacteria) but hey that's O Freakin K, and enjoy your diet soda :banana:
    Maybe off topic. but I so agree. It is truly poison.

Katya

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal
    I bought from Vaperstek, which was the sole U.S. retailer who sold Chemnovatic, I think.

They are going out of business. And they are not the sole retailer of Chemnovatic. At least one other places carries it, too. Can't think which one right now. Liquid Barn?

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    I bought from Vaperstek, which was the sole U.S. retailer who sold Chemnovatic, I think.

Nicotine River used to carry Chemnovatic. But I don't think they do any more.

I have both Chemnovatic and CNT brand Nicotine Base. They are Both Very High Quality. But if I had to Pick a Winner, I would give the slight Edge to CNT.

You can also get CNT at Heartland Vapes or LiquidBarn. Both of which I believe are still taking orders.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Nicotine River used to carry Chemnovatic. But I don't think they do any more.

I have both Chemnovatic and CNT brand Nicotine Base. They are Both Very High Quality. But if I had to Pick a Winner, I would give the slight Edge to CNT.

You can also get CNT at Heartland Vapes or LiquidBarn. Both of which I believe are still taking orders.

CNT tastes a lot better than heartland's house nic. I've bought eliquid from heartland for years. Recently they switched to using CNT for their eliquids and the taste is much cleaner and it takes for ever to darken.

With the old eliquid with their house nic, it would start noticeably darkening within a couple weeks. With CNT, it takes literally months. I have a bottle of peppermint eliquid I bought 2 months ago (maybe 3) and if its darkening I can't really tell with the nakend eye.

If I had the money and space I'd buy some CNT but I'm all stocked up on the house brand so it's gonna have to do lol

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    This is a BIG DAY for the vapor technology industry. The day that so many said could not come has arrived. And, just like with every other deadline imposed by the FDA, the vapor industry has stepped up to the task.
    Wow... thank you so much for the info (you have done your homework for sure)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread