Pneumonia?

Status
Not open for further replies.

martha1014

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2009
Delhi, LA USA
I was in the hospital 5 days the first week of February with pneumonia which had spread to my blood (septicemia). This was a bacterial pneumonai so I don't think it was caused from vaping. I had fever so high I was talking out of my head. Didn't even remember going to the ER. I never even coughed the whole time I as sick. I had some wheezing in my chest but it cleared after a couple of days. I vaped the whole time I was in the hospital without any complaints.

The last time I got pneumnia when I was smoking and ended up on the ventilator 11 days.

Raven1

ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2009
Akron, OH USA
I would definitely make sure the equipment and liquid you are using are clean! Wash your hands before refilling carts and clean or change them frequently. You never know what bacteria could get inside a cart or atomiser. Even if you are using PG, dirty equipment is cause for concern. Clean your atties regularly. I clean my atties at least once a week.

Trackster

Sep 7, 2009
I was in the hospital 5 days the first week of February with pneumonia which had spread to my blood (septicemia). This was a bacterial pneumonai so I don't think it was caused from vaping. I had fever so high I was talking out of my head. Didn't even remember going to the ER. I never even coughed the whole time I as sick. I had some wheezing in my chest but it cleared after a couple of days. I vaped the whole time I was in the hospital without any complaints.

The last time I got pneumnia when I was smoking and ended up on the ventilator 11 days.

Martha, you described exactly what I had, bacterial pneumonia.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
does anyone know if theres a risk of it? even vapor "water" can easily cause pneumonia or infection of the lungs. i know there havent been tests done yet but is anyone at all concerned? im no doctor but i just thought of that.

How many more posts can be started that alleges that vaping causes, acne, tooth aches, pneumonia, insomnia, diarreha, joint pain, heartburn, constipation, the flue, cancer, heart attacks????

If I was new to this forum, I would speculate that smoking is better for you than vaping.

martha1014

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2009
Delhi, LA USA
I did not think about germs from ecigs could have caused my pneumonia. Mine was not strep but klebsiella (which is a common bacteria causing pneumonia) It would not have been so bad if I had gone to the doctor before it spread to my blood. I was visiting my daughter in South Carolina when I got sick and would not go to the doctor until I got home in Louisiana.

CaptainChet

Mar 5, 2010
Georgia
How many more posts can be started that alleges that vaping causes, acne, tooth aches, pneumonia, insomnia, diarreha, joint pain, heartburn, constipation, the flue, cancer, heart attacks????

If I was new to this forum, I would speculate that smoking is better for you than vaping.

You think this is bad, just wait until a few reports come out from the cigarette manufactures!! We'll think vaping is going to kill you instantly!

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
You think this is bad, just wait until a few reports come out from the cigarette manufactures!! We'll think vaping is going to kill you instantly!

LOL, good point. I've seen so many of these posts over the last year, I think there are a certain percentage of vapers who must also be hypocondriacs. The FDA will not have to look any farther than this forum to develop a list of all the supposed "bad" things caused by vaping.

WhatAClumsyGirl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2009
Mtns of Tennessee
I had pneumonia a month ago...was sick for 3 weeks, just now getting over it. Mine was bacterial as well, the normal antibiotics didnt touch it until they changed antibotics to the bacterial kind. I cut back on my vg and am vaping mostly pg now and that seems to have helped with it clearing up faster. I dont know if the straight vg had much to do with it, but in my mind it did help when i cut back on it.

In any case..i am much much better and still vaping away.

star4024

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2009
I am speakng from 14 years as a respiratory therapist. E-cigs are not likely to be the cause of pneumonia. pneumonia can show up suddenly if it is viral and is most likely spread by contact with someone who has it. I had it once and was fine one day and down the next. Pneumonia can also follow a bad cold with lots of chest congestion. The mucus lets the bacteria breed and you get sick. The only thing that might cause it with e-cigs is bacteria in the liquid itself, (as another poster said.). If the pg kils off bacteria then it should not be a carrier of bacteria

MissVapor

ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2009
Vapin Hot Florida
He was vaping oil? WTH? Where did the Dr come up with his theory? I wish they would have went into more details..smells fishy to me..

To EDIT: I just paused the part where they showed a bottle of e-liquid. I can tell it is a bottle of Ecopure. IF that is what this guy was using that means it was from 100% VG. I know VG is water soluble BUT it DOES come from vegetable OIL. So would there possibly still be traces of oil in VG liquids?

From experience my lungs did not react well to VG but I know others use it with no problem..

Last edited:

redcat1948

ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2011
Eugene OR
No one has mentioned how long they smoked cigs before they started vaping, but if you're like me you've probably already done a lot of damage to your lungs and are more susceptible to lung problems because of the cigs. If you are or were a long time smoker it is highly recommended that you get an annual flu shot and a pneumonia vaccine every 3 (or 5) years. They are widely available at grocery stores, drug stores so you don't have to pay for dr. appt. I have COPD now and wish I'd learned about vaping years ago. I'm loving it ....maybe a little too much.......and am seeing slow improvement in energy and breathing. Only at this 3 weeks with few problems--best advice I've been given yet is to drink LOTS OF WATER. Good luck and thanks to all of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread